NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
Take a Hail Mary shot at
1. Urban Meyer
2. Bob Stoops
3 Tressel

Then,

Chris Petersen (he’s not going to win it all at Washington let’s be real. I’ve had arguments with posters about this before stating that he has a legitimate chance of winning a national championship at WU, but I highly disagree. Depends on if he’s good with mediocrity for the rest of his career. I realize he’s a west coat guy or whatever, but I’ve argued before about him. He’s only got 1 life. Are you really okay with never resting your potential!?).

Fleck (if he beats a legitimate big 10 team this year, I think he’ll finally prove himself. Not sold on him yet. Could be a steal at this stage. He has improved programs, brings a lot of energy, and could hire good people around him at ND. I imagine a Bak role for him, just more energy. Might be the next great).

The there are proven people like...

Venables
Aranda
Whittingham
Fitzgerald
Chryst
Franklin
Patterson

Thoughts

Take a Hail Mary shot at
1. Urban Meyer
2. Bob Stoops
3 Tressel

Then,

Chris Petersen (he’s not going to win it all st Washington let’s be real. Depends on if he’s good with mediocrity for the rest of his career. I realize he’s a west coat guy or whatever, but I’ve argued before about him. He’s only got 1 life. Are you really okay with never resting your potential!?).

Fleck (if he beats a legitimate big 10 team this year, I think he’ll finally prove himself. Not sold on him yet. Could be a steal at this stage. He has improved programs, brings a lot of energy, and could hire good people around him at ND. I imagine a Bak role for him, just more energy. Might be the next great).

Venables
Aranda
Whittingham
Fitzgerald
Chryst
Franklin
Patterson

Thoughts
Lee Corso!

Take a Hail Mary shot at
1. Urban Meyer
2. Bob Stoops
3 Tressel

Then,

Chris Petersen (he’s not going to win it all at Washington let’s be real. I’ve had arguments with posters about this before stating that he has a legitimate chance of winning a national championship at WU, but I highly disagree. Depends on if he’s good with mediocrity for the rest of his career. I realize he’s a west coat guy or whatever, but I’ve argued before about him. He’s only got 1 life. Are you really okay with never resting your potential!?).

Venables
Aranda
Whittingham
Fitzgerald
Chryst
Franklin
Patterson

Thoughts
Belcek

BVG will probably be available...just saying...could do worse no?

Too soon. The names now will all be different by the time Kelly moves on. The wonderful part is it looks like he will be handing over a program in excellent shape when he decides to go.
Only thing that scares me now, do the keys get handed to someone who knows how to drive a Lambo or do they get handed to a 16 year old who is gonna drive it into the wall.....

Pat Narduzzi at Pitt ... he’d be able to recruit at ND, he’s now got some real experience as a head coach and he’s a gritty mid west guy. He’s also catholic.

In no particular order......

Jeff Monken
James Leonard
Venables
Maybe Clark Lea

I know he has no head coaching experience but Jim Leonhard at wisco will be a star, imho.

Thought the same thing. I’d imagine he bleeds badger red. Just a thought. I think he’s excellent.

Reactions: echowaker
Venables seems to be immovable, he is the top of SC fans lists also.
He has a huge contract as DC.

Matt Rhule as well. Really impressive what he has done for Baylor so far.
I said Matt Rhule three years ago.

I know what he's about.

Having said that I think he's secretly hoping for a Franklin meltdown so he can go home.

P. S.
If Franklin keeps getting spanked by OSU and managing the clock worse than Brian Kelly...Mr. Rhule dream might be realized sooner than later

Reactions: Kelso86
Venables seems to be immovable, he is the top of SC fans lists also.
He has a huge contract as DC.
He's not going anywhere.

Clemson will pay him HC money to stay as a DC and they damn well should

Take a Hail Mary shot at
1. Urban Meyer
2. Bob Stoops
3 Tressel

Then,

Venables
Aranda
Whittingham
Fitzgerald
Chryst
Franklin
Patterson

Thoughts
Urban Meyer will be at USC.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
BVG will probably be available...just saying...could do worse no?

"BVG will probably be available...just saying...could do worse no?"

Bring back Ty! And he can have Weis as his OC. I see schematic advantages all over the place!

Satterfield is terrific. Louisville should be on their knees thanking the big guy above that Brohm passed. they are much better off.
Yeah No one is mentioning the fact that they are averaging 37 points a game this year and that ND held them to 17. At the time the entire board was going crazy, and now in hindsight its damn impressive.

Reactions: Ara64 and Kelso86
Pat Narduzzi at Pitt ... he’d be able to recruit at ND, he’s now got some real experience as a head coach and he’s a gritty mid west guy. He’s also catholic.
Agreed. But I think someone will scoop him up before Kelly retires.

“Venables seems to be immovable, he is the top of SC fans lists also.
He has a huge contract as DC.”

Could be completely wrong here, but I just don’t see him as a head coach. He’s too high strung for that position, imo. Great DC though.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
Jeff Brohm.....LOL.

Maybe as a position coach, but head coach??..no thanks!

At this point I’m beyond thankful for Brian Kelly.
I was critical of him in the past but he’s been tremendous the past few seasons

I hope he stays another 5 years or as long as he wants.

For fun- I would say you want a grinder of a coach that will demand all position Coaches are beast recruiters and a coach that has head coaching experience and success.

1) Fleck has a huge personality- is a beast recruiter and has had success. He really needs to turn heads at Minnesota but I would keep a big eye on him. He could be a Holtz type magic man at ND if he’s for real.
His teams run the football and put a premium on it. His teams usually run up big yards on the ground which I love to death

2) Matt Campbell- Iowa State- kid is doing some incredible things as a coach.

3) Pat Fitzgerald- cmon- I get this go Cats crap and how he hates ND because they didn’t recruit him. Give it up. Northwestern will never compete at the highest level.
I think he be incredible at ND.
Only Ara could probably convince him and sadly Ara has passed on

3) Petersen, Stoops, Meyer all won’t come.
I don’t see Stoops recruiting hard and his brother is on par with BVG.
Petersen and Meyer are the best in the business but won’t come.
Meyer is going to USC- he’s so scummy.
Petersen is a WC guy.

4) Narduzzi, Venables, Rhuele- are so boring.
I’d rather watch paint dry then these three.

I guess I’d keep an outside eye on Rhuele
Venables probably likes being a hugely paid DC. Nothing wrong with that.
I’ve said thanks but no thanks to a promotion before.

5) Clark Lea/ Mike Elston- Big Mike does not get enough credit for all the roles he’s been successful with. I would keep paying him to stay all day. I think Elston is a great coach.

Reactions: Shulkswagen
Whoever we get it better be someone that can beat Urban and the Trojans in recruiting and on the field. When is ND going to fork over the cash and pay a coach a salary they cannot refuse? We need another title. Billions in endowments and we’re paying BK a mid level salary.

Jeff Brohm.....LOL.

Maybe as a position coach, but head coach??..no thanks!
Won 2x as many games in 2.5 years at Purdue then they won the previous 3 seasons before he arrived. His seniors this year were the product of the worst recruiting class in power 5 football with ZERO ranked players out of over 1000. He knows his football, and the kids love him. He’s an extremely hard worker and football is his life. Dominated as Western Kentucky as well. Don’t see why people hate on the guy?

He’s got the freaking 26th best recruiting class at Purdue, you can’t say that’s not impressive. You’ve got to be at least somewhat at a good coach to be able to beat Ohio State when you have 1/10th the talent

Last edited:
At this point I’m beyond thankful for Brian Kelly.
I was critical of him in the past but he’s been tremendous the past few seasons

I hope he stays another 5 years or as long as he wants.

For fun- I would say you want a grinder of a coach that will demand all position Coaches are beast recruiters and a coach that has head coaching experience and success.

1) Fleck has a huge personality- is a beast recruiter and has had success. He really needs to turn heads at Minnesota but I would keep a big eye on him. He could be a Holtz type magic man at ND if he’s for real.
His teams run the football and put a premium on it. His teams usually run up big yards on the ground which I love to death

2) Matt Campbell- Iowa State- kid is doing some incredible things as a coach.

3) Pat Fitzgerald- cmon- I get this go Cats crap and how he hates ND because they didn’t recruit him. Give it up. Northwestern will never compete at the highest level.
I think he be incredible at ND.
Only Ara could probably convince him and sadly Ara has passed on

3) Petersen, Stoops, Meyer all won’t come.
I don’t see Stoops recruiting hard and his brother is on par with BVG.
Petersen and Meyer are the best in the business but won’t come.
Meyer is going to USC- he’s so scummy.
Petersen is a WC guy.

4) Narduzzi, Venables, Rhuele- are so boring.
I’d rather watch paint dry then these three.

I guess I’d keep an outside eye on Rhuele
Venables probably likes being a hugely paid DC. Nothing wrong with that.
I’ve said thanks but no thanks to a promotion before.

5) Clark Lea/ Mike Elston- Big Mike does not get enough credit for all the roles he’s been successful with. I would keep paying him to stay all day. I think Elston is a great coach.
Fleck is so damn interesting. He straight up told people when he took over the Minnesota job they would suck in the beginning, quite literally they were in “turdville”, and well they sucked. People forgot about him and thought... hmmm maybe he is a snake oil salesman, but maybe he’s got the players to buy in now. They’re kicking ass, and he’s a freaking maniac when it comes to work ethic and enthusiasm.

Reactions: ZORO50
Based off what?
he's a flat out better coach in my opinion. the turnaround at Louisville this year is one of the best stories of the year. he took a team that flat out quit last year and they're very competitive. he's been a real baller his whole coaching career. Brohm is nothing special in my book. ok but his teams have always been hot and cold.

Reactions: Ara64 and Kelso86
Satterfield is terrific. Louisville should be on their knees thanking the big guy above that Brohm passed. they are much better off.

I spoke to him a couple times when Appy state recruited me in high school. Nice guy! Wish I woulda taken the offer to walk on.... the day I started my first college football game got on the bus and watched them take down Michigan in the big house ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT