ADVERTISEMENT

Next Coach.. my just for fun list

Whoever the coach is he better be a big enough get to out recruit and out coach Urban Meyer. I don’t know if BK could compete with Urban, so we better go big. Michigan gambled with Harbaugh, thinking he was that big name. He should be, but he’s struggling for some odd reason. We have to do the same, but we have to get it right. Money talks. How much is Belichick making? My pick is a proven BAMF or take a risk on a very young coach with potential to be the next great one. Fleck is low risk as he can be fired quickly if he doesn’t progress. We will know more about him after this season. I’d take a shot at Peterson or a hail marry at one of the legends in the game. I don’t see any Brian Kelly’s out there. Otherwise fork over the cash and get someone better than Urban. Might mean we pay someone $10 million a year. ND has the money. If we go middle of the road, that’s what we should expect in results.

I like “unrealistic“ names.
Bellicheck
Saban
Dabo
Petey
Etc

Last edited:
he's a flat out better coach in my opinion. the turnaround at Louisville this year is one of the best stories of the year. he took a team that flat out quit last year and they're very competitive. he's been a real baller his whole coaching career. Brohm is nothing special in my book. ok but his teams have always been hot and cold.
Fair enough. Agree to disagree my friend. For the record I think Satterfield is an awesome coach as well.

Since we're living the dream, I want Lincoln Riley. He's a great young coach and a proven winner on and off the field. I think BK will stay longer than five years. It's going to be hard for him to walk away from ND someday. JMHO.

Whoever the coach is he better be a big enough get to out recruit and out coach Urban Meyer. I don’t know if BK could compete with Urban, so we better go big. Michigan gambled with Harbaugh, thinking he was that big name. He should be, but he’s struggling for some odd reason. We have to do the same, but we have to get it right. Money talks. How much is Belichick making? My pick is a proven BAMF or take a risk on a very young coach with potential to be the next great one. Fleck is low risk as he can be fired quickly if he doesn’t progress. We will know more about him after this season. I’d take a shot at Peterson or a hail marry at one of the legends in the game. I don’t see any Brian Kelly’s out there. Otherwise fork over the cash and get someone better than Urban. Might mean we pay someone $10 million a year. ND has the money. If we go middle of the road, that’s what we should expect in results.

I like “unrealistic“ names.
Bellicheck
Saban
Dabo
Petey
Etc
truly delusional. money will not bring any of those guys to ND.

a successful coach probably makes more income from other sources beyond his coaching salary, so finding the job that best puts him in that position is whats important.

Petersen's stock is rising again. On Pac after dark he got his 1 td lead in the 4th qtr. CP didn't RTDB instead he PTDB and soon the lead was 3 TDs.

Just saying that if ND approached Urban Meyer and said we will give you 7 million a year and you run the show. Hire who you want, recruit who you want and the Admissions office will stay out of your hair he'd be here yesterday.

Reactions: Riverside Irish
Just saying that if ND approached Urban Meyer and said we will give you 7 million a year and you run the show. Hire who you want, recruit who you want and the Admissions office will stay out of your hair he'd be here yesterday.

nah, he was not born yesterday! those freedoms would last about 2 weeks or less!

It is in my opinion for the top level guys. Those guys can get equal money at a lot of places with free reign of their program. ND does not provide that currently.
I think it’s a top 10 place to coach. Better than USC right now. Ohio state Bama Texas, A&M, Florida, UGA, Clemson, Oklahoma all easier jobs by far so you have a good point

Last edited:
I think it’s a top 10 place to coach. Better than USC right now. Ohio state Bama Texas, A&M, Florida, UGA, Clemson, Oklahoma all easier jobs by far so you have a good point
It's certainly a top ten place to coach, it's just not a place for a top ten coach. Other than a guy wanting to be there and embracing the culture why would any top guy take it ? What's the incentive ? Certainly not money, being independent is a detriment. What's the draw for the top ten guy ?

It's certainly a top ten place to coach, it's just not a place for a top ten coach. Other than a guy wanting to be there and embracing the culture why would any top guy take it ? What's the incentive ? Certainly not money, being independent is a detriment. What's the draw for the top ten guy ?
Money is still damn good. It’s a national brand. They’re the Yankees of college football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT