ADVERTISEMENT

Next 1st Round Pick on ND Roster

NDIRISH53

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 13, 2016
If you had to bet, who would you say the next first round pick on the ND roster would be? I want to say Daelin Hayes, but I'm not sure he has the pass rushing chops.

My answer is a shocker, I think it will be either, hopefully both of Troy Pride jr or Khalid Kareem. If both have break out years I would not be shocked if they declare early. Both have NFL tangibles, both have skill. Watch out for those 2 to shock everyone.

Reactions: IrishMike409
If you had to bet, who would you say the next first round pick on the ND roster would be? I want to say Daelin Hayes, but I'm not sure he has the pass rushing chops.

My answer is a shocker, I think it will be either, hopefully both of Troy Pride jr or Khalid Kareem. If both have break out years I would not be shocked if they declare early. Both have NFL tangibles, both have skill. Watch out for those 2 to shock everyone.

On the current CBS inside the NFL early mock draft they have three ND players going in the 1st round next year. (Tillery, Coney, Love).

Outside of those three I would say maybe Alex Bars or another OL. The NFL scouts have made it clear that ND OL are a safe bet in the draft.

On the current CBS inside the NFL early mock draft they have three ND players going in the 1st round next year. (Tillery, Coney, Love).

Outside of those three I would say maybe Alex Bars or another OL. The NFL scouts have made it clear that ND OL are a safe bet in the draft.
I could see Tillery. Coney is questionable seeing as his production will drop eating up more blocks. Love I just don't think has the tangibles. Definitely has the intangibles though.

Also, how nice would it be to see a corner and d end go in the first round

Coney.

the most recent one on cbssports does not have any nd players in the first round. will brinson on may 7.

I could see Tillery. Coney is questionable seeing as his production will drop eating up more blocks. Love I just don't think has the tangibles. Definitely has the intangibles though.
production has very little impact on the draft. nfl scouts completely understand the circumstances.

That’s a different guy. That’s his personal mock. The one I posted was from the NFL on CBS guys. The one that lists the top 3 rounds.
I know it's a different guy. it just illustrates how silly it is to project this far out. chris trapasso has one he did on may 14th and it doesn't have nd players in round 1 either. none has any more credibility than the other.

Last edited:

When in doubt, go for one of the offensive linemen. My guess would be Bars.

ND doesn't really have any 1st round prospects at the moment.

NDs best draft prospects are also the best players on the team (nothing new there):

Mustipher, Bars, Claypool, Tranquil, Coney, Mack, Tillery, Hayes

And they would have to have a monster breakout season to get into the first round.

I think the best draft prospect is probably Hainsey in a few years if he continues to develop rapidly from season to season. The fact that a true Freshman was a lock/regular in a super talented offensive line last year indicates a ton of raw upside.

NDs best draft prospects are also the best players on the team (nothing new there):

And they would have to have a monster breakout season to get into the first round.

I think the best draft prospect is probably Hainsey in a few years if he continues to develop rapidly from season to season. The fact that a true Freshman was a lock/regular in a super talented offensive line last year indicates a ton of raw upside.
love is by far the best nfl prospect in my opinion. a quality player at a premier position.

love is by far the best nfl prospect in my opinion. a quality player at a premier position.
I don't think NFL scouts will love him. He probably won't test well, even with his instincts and on field quickness, his off field testing may not be great

I hope it's Daelin, which would lead me to believe the defense will have a great year. Even better, Wimbush, would probably mean ND made the playoff or was right there. Of course both are probably just pipe dreams.

I hope it's Daelin, which would lead me to believe the defense will have a great year. Even better, Wimbush, would probably mean ND made the playoff or was right there. Of course both are probably just pipe dreams.
That would be awesome. Hayes will play in the NFL. I couldn't see wimbush playing in the league... probably a Canadian league guy, which is fine. Just be the man in college and I'm happy

This is just wrong, as usual.

ND has several 1st Round prospects, also as usual.

Tillery is the most likely to be a 1st Round Pick in the upcoming draft. A pass rushing DT, with great NFL measureables and positional flexibility has a real shot at the 1st Round.

Alex Bars and Alize Mack are other guys who have a shot, though Mack needs a major breakout and his value to the NFL is largely based on measureables and projection at this point.

For future years, all of these guys have a legitimate shot:
  • D. Hayes
  • Pride
  • Eichenberg
  • Claypool
  • Kmet

Tillery is the most likely to be a 1st Round Pick in the upcoming draft. A pass rushing DT, with great NFL measureables and positional flexibility has a real shot at the 1st Round.

Alex Bars and Alize Mack are other guys who have a shot, though Mack needs a major breakout and his value to the NFL is largely based on measureables and projection at this point.

• D. Hayes
  • Pride
  • Eichenberg
  • Claypool
  • Kmet
really ? first round is really saying something. i would expect all the players you mentioned to be drafted but would be really surprised if any of them were 1st rounders.

That would be brutal... basically meaning nobody on the current roster overachieved

What?

Kristofic has about as much upside a
really ? first round is really saying something. i would expect all the players you mentioned to be drafted but would be really surprised if any of them were 1st rounders.
Tillery has a real shot at the 1st Round in the upcoming draft, if he has the type of season he’s poised to have. Bars has a shot as well, but needs to make strides.

Everyone else has the potential to be a 1st Round Pick in future drafts, but just like all young players, they need a lot of progress.

I’d be very surprised if at least 1 of them doesn’t make it though. I wouldn’t be surprised if more than 1 does too.

• D. Hayes
  • Pride
  • Eichenberg
  • Claypool
  • Kmet
Maybe first round in CFL. ND has very good players but nobody near first round talent.

I could also see Kevin Austin being a beast 1st rounder. Kid has baby Terrell Owens measurables.

Reactions: Pennick4
Maybe first round in CFL. ND has very good players but nobody near first round talent.
Tillery? I think so. I don't see love and Coney going in the first. The NFL doesn't always care how good of a college player you are. If Pride Kareem or Hayes break out I wouldn't be shocked

What?

Kristofic has about as much upside a

Tillery has a real shot at the 1st Round in the upcoming draft, if he has the type of season he’s poised to have. Bars has a shot as well, but needs to make strides.

Everyone else has the potential to be a 1st Round Pick in future drafts, but just like all young players, they need a lot of progress.

I’d be very surprised if at least 1 of them doesn’t make it though. I wouldn’t be surprised if more than 1 does too.
I think mack will have to make great strides to be a late round pick. He would have to become a completely new player to be a first rounder. To date he's shown little consistency at any phase of his game. I'd rather see much more of kmet and wright.

Tillery? I think so. I don't see love and Coney going in the first. The NFL doesn't always care how good of a college player you are. If Pride Kareem or Hayes break out I wouldn't be shocked
Tillery made a big jump last year. He'll need to do that again in my opinion to even sniff the first round. There's a ton of high quality d linemen in next year's draft.

I think mack will have to make great strides to be a late round pick. He would have to become a completely new player to be a first rounder. To date he's shown little consistency at any phase of his game. I'd rather see much more of kmet and wright.
Mack gets the Andrew trumbetti treatment from me. Every year was supposed to be the break out year, every year had minimal production. Tired of the talk about Mack. Did you win or did you lose. Do you make plays or do you not make plays. Simple as that. Not ripping on you echo, just tired of hearing about how this is gonna be his year every year. Hope I'm wrong obviously.

NFL talent but don't think near first round. I get my info from pikehead's draft analysis available from I am still high from Woodstock.com

Mack gets the Andrew trumbetti treatment from me. Every year was supposed to be the break out year, every year had minimal production. Tired of the talk about Mack. Did you win or did you lose. Do you make plays or do you not make plays. Simple as that. Not ripping on you echo, just tired of hearing about how this is gonna be his year every year. Hope I'm wrong obviously.
I agree. I said I think he has to improve greatly to even get drafted at all. I have low expectations for him.

Doubling down on claypool...outside shot for pride because of his speed

Bars is one and Tillery two. Bars is pre season 1st team all American . A captain this year. I expect a big year from the big fella and nd track record with o line will only help. If coney can show he can play in space and show he can play 3rd down he might have a shot. I see hima special teams guy and 2 down line backer which is late 2nd 3rd round.

Claypool has baby Randy Moss measurables and Kevin Austin has baby Terrell Owens measurables!
Slightly disagree. I think his baby measurables align more closely with Calvin Johnson. Claypool is huge, Moss was a twig. An amazing twig, but still very thin.

Two things with Bars.

The ND coaches have been singing his praises since he stepped on the campus. Talked about how dependable & talented he is. And he will be starting in his fourth straight year (started some games as a freshman in 2015) so he is consistent & a gamer.

When it comes to OL in the NFL that is what scouts look for. Other positions are about measurables. OL is about consistency & always showing up to work.

Tillery was graded as a 2nd rd this year. He has all the measurables and if he has a great year I would not be surprised if he was a 1st rounder

Mack is an immense talent, there is just no 2 ways about that.

Based on the spring, he’s the clear #1 option at TE for 2018, so you’ll see A LOT of him. More than Kmet and much more than Wright, though you’ll see them too.

He needs to finally match his on-field production to his physical talent, but there is good reason to believe that he will in 2018.

The coaches appear to have high expectations for him, and I certainly share that opinion.

I think he’ll be the best offensive skill player (non-QB) that we have in 2018. He may well lead the team in catches too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT