ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit

It’s interesting how many threads & conversations there are on here about ND’s lack of recruiting, but when ND lands great kids nobody comments.
Shows you the negative Nancy mindset of many here.

It’s interesting how many threads & conversations there are on here about ND’s lack of recruiting, but when ND lands great kids nobody comments.
Shows you the negative Nancy mindset of many here.

Pump the brakes. It’s been all of a couple hours and the board has been very inactive this weekend thus far.

Great pick up. We seem to have TE recruiting down pat. Love the commitment. Wish it was at the SDE, CB, WR or RB position. Hopefully, that’ll be the next commit.

Reactions: Kelso86
Pump the brakes. It’s been all of a couple hours and the board has been very inactive this weekend thus far.

Great pick up. We seem to have TE recruiting down pat. Love the commitment. Wish it was at the SDE, CB, WR or RB position. Hopefully, that’ll be the next commit.

Pump the brakes?

And Cam Hart is announcing in a few days. That will be ND’s WR commit most likely.

Since you're much more up to date on recruiting, I see that 247 is saying Nick Henrich is cool on ND now?
Another local kid to me, https://247sports.com/Player/Logan-Jones-46047847 any chance he gets an offer or is it probably wait until after junior year for him.

ND got commits from two inside guys already & want an outside guy. They are limited on numbers & cant use another spot on Henrich or Lytle. So ND moved on from Henrich a while ago. They are more interested in Asa Turner, Tristan Sinclair, etc.
Logan Jones is an unranked, low 3 DT. ND has four 4 Stars committed already at DT & has turned away 2-3 more. I would say there is zero chance they offer him.
And since you seem to be from the Omaha area, my in-laws lived at 99th & Blondo, same neighborhood as Father Jenkins. Burke (where Henrich plays) would have been their public school, but they all went to private Catholic schools (Marian & Prep).

LOL. Thanks for the info.

I’m also interested in Trey Knox & Cornelius Johnson.
Knox was teammates with Pyne at the 5 Star Challenge & they hit it off.
Johnson is at the Opening Finals & talked up ND as well.

Hart seems like a decent prospect. He’s smart , has very good hands and uses his body well. Wish he was a notch faster, but if he is indeed 6’3” it’s understandable. He looks more like 6’ in his vids, but I think they were his SO highlights so he could’ve easily grown a couple inches. I’ll be interested in seeing his JR and SR film. No Penn St offer is a little concerning.

Last prospects out of Good Council? Ambrose Wooden and Victor Abiamiri?

ND got commits from two inside guys already & want an outside guy. They are limited on numbers & cant use another spot on Henrich or Lytle. So ND moved on from Henrich a while ago. They are more interested in Asa Turner, Tristan Sinclair, etc.
Logan Jones is an unranked, low 3 DT. ND has four 4 Stars committed already at DT & has turned away 2-3 more. I would say there is zero chance they offer him.
And since you seem to be from the Omaha area, my in-laws lived at 99th & Blondo, same neighborhood as Father Jenkins. Burke (where Henrich plays) would have been their public school, but they all went to private Catholic schools (Marian & Prep).
Yep. Not ton of big D1 guys around here so I like to keep up as much as possible. Makes sense on the LB front. Hopefully the re-evaluate because I can see that low 3 star being adjusted after this season. Was always hoping they would offer Noah Fant a few years ago. He was a project, but he's gonna be in the league soon.

Definitely good to know. With a prospect like Payne on board, we need to hit a HR with WR recruiting

Nice to open to news of another commit, and this damn near guarantees no TE for 19, which we can afford to skip with the numbers and quality already on board. We have a really good class shaping up for 19, but of course it’s human nature to fret about the holes thus far, principally DE. This year’s team just needs to deliver to their potential, and staff can be selective in how they close with recruiting.

Yep. Not ton of big D1 guys around here so I like to keep up as much as possible. Makes sense on the LB front. Hopefully the re-evaluate because I can see that low 3 star being adjusted after this season. Was always hoping they would offer Noah Fant a few years ago. He was a project, but he's gonna be in the league soon.

They aren’t even looking at anymore DT’s other than drop ends.
They have 2-3 guys right now they had to turn away that are top 250 guys. So they really aren’t looking to offer anybody at DT.

Nice to open to news of another commit, and this damn near guarantees no TE for 19, which we can afford to skip with the numbers and quality already on board. We have a really good class shaping up for 19, but of course it’s human nature to fret about the holes thus far, principally DE. This year’s team just needs to deliver to their potential, and staff can be selective in how they close with recruiting.

When you say DE do you mean SDE? Because NaNa is a homerun at the drop DE.
And getting a 4 Star SDE, top 250 player (Cross) isn’t too shabby either.

They aren’t even looking at anymore DT’s other than drop ends.
They have 2-3 guys right now they had to turn away that are top 250 guys. So they really aren’t looking to offer anybody at DT.
Not trying to be smart, but what DT do we have in the 20 class.

I meant both. Agree that NaNa is a homerun, and I think Cross seems seriously undervalued here when talking about our SDE situation. That said, we are losing a lot of talent at these two positions, and two commits are not enough. SDE is the more problematic, but I’m hoping we get one more of each.

I meant both. Agree that NaNa is a homerun, and I think Cross seems seriously undervalued here when talking about our SDE situation. That said, we are losing a lot of talent at these two positions, and two commits are not enough. SDE is the more problematic, but I’m hoping we get one more of each.
Zach Harrison!

Not trying to be smart, but what DT do we have in the 20 class.

The ‘20 class has three total commits.
All on offense.

At DL in 2020 ND has offered & is in good shape with:
Cole Brevard (top 100)
Rylie Mills (top 100)
Darion Henry (top 100)
Braiden McGregor
Walker Parks

They have also offered about a dozen others they have a legit shot with.

Reactions: hoosierstateII

I think ND might get Asa Turner. Which would be another drop DE candidate.
I think they might also look at Spears as a possible swing player between DT & SDE.
And I think they are waiting to see how things go & possibly try to get another SDE if the right person comes along.

Reactions: Telx1
I think ND might get Asa Turner. Which would be another drop DE candidate.
I think they might also look at Spears as a possible swing player between DT & SDE.
And I think they are waiting to see how things go & possibly try to get another SDE if the right person comes along.
Knock off some of that baby fat and spears is good to go at D END

Nice pull. Now let Cole Kmet and co. Show these boys what they can look forward to.

Knock off some of that baby fat and spears is good to go at D END

DE is his natural position, but once ND’s staff had him in person they realized he has a frame that can add a lot of weight & muscle so they recruited him to play DT next to Lacey. So they will be doing the opposite of knocking off fat. They are going to put weight on him.

With Knox and Johnson being 2019 guys, do you think Payne would have that much influence? Seems we’d have to sell them on our current QB’s including Jurkovich. BTW, both of those guys are elite. I really enjoyed watching Johnson’s film especially. I didn’t care one bit about it being against CT competition. That guy is a GEM.

Thread got kind of taken over with other prospects. Love this TE Michael Mayer. Very athletic.

Zach Harrison!
major, major upset if he goes anywhere but OSU. i know two guys on the staff at Olentangy and his dad has major health issues which severely limits his ability to travel. that said the rumor is michigan has his attention but are a real longshot.

major, major upset if he goes anywhere but OSU. i know two guys on the staff at Olentangy and his dad has major health issues which severely limits his ability to travel. that said the rumor is michigan has his attention but are a real longshot.

He’s going to OSU.
I think that one has been over for a long time.

He’s going to OSU.
I think that one has been over for a long time.
it was over before it started. there was chatter from the Opening about Michigan in his head a little bit. kid ran a sub 4.5. the next Clowney ?

Disagree with Nana as a homerun at Drop. The reality is that the reason ND is trying so hard to get another Drop in the class is because Nana is going to grow into a SDE. Reminds me much more of Khalid Kareem than Daelin Hayes.

Disagree with Nana as a homerun at Drop. The reality is that the reason ND is trying so hard to get another Drop in the class is because Nana is going to grow into a SDE. Reminds me much more of Khalid Kareem than Daelin Hayes.

He’s a homerun DE, whichever position he plays.

With Knox and Johnson being 2019 guys, do you think Payne would have that much influence? Seems we’d have to sell them on our current QB’s including Jurkovich. BTW, both of those guys are elite. I really enjoyed watching Johnson’s film especially. I didn’t care one bit about it being against CT competition. That guy is a GEM.

Pyne would play with Knox & Johnson more than Wimbush or Book, & probably more than Jurkovec.
With the WR haul last year I think Knox & Johnson would probably be in the 4-game new redshirt rule then not get starting snaps until Jurkovec is in his last year. So they would probably play 2-3 seasons with Pyne.

Good, he should be utilized as a pass rusher. Don't want him dropping into coverage. Very few DE's are able to play in coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT