ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs OSU game thread

I think i need a new hobby

I've been waiting a year for this game and pretty much everything about it is pissing me off.

NDs gimmicks, commercials, NBC, etc. what a shit show

Stale mate if our kicker does his job. Pisses me off we cannot get a kicker that is consistent. They make 1 of 3 and we get excited because it’s long. At least with Yoon it was 45 or under 100%. Anything over, don’t risk it.

At the game. Brutal. 2 possessions inside their 35, no points.

Offense is so bland. Zero shots down field. And it’s not like they’re giving it to us, we’re battling for 5 yards.

Defense gets zero push. McCord stares down his receivers and is somehow winning this game.

Need a big 2nd half shift….

ND HAS to score a TD on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr.
Dline or defense in general needs to find a way to get pressure on the OSU qb.

Offense … running game is struggling

Defense … too many missed tackles

I think i need a new hobby

I've been waiting a year for this game and pretty much everything about it is pissing me off.

NDs gimmicks, commercials, NBC, etc. what a shit show

It’s halftime.

Not sure what gimmicks you’re talking about

Stale mate if our kicker does his job. Pisses me off we cannot get a kicker that is consistent. They make 1 of 3 and we get excited because it’s king. Atleasr with Yoon it was 45 or under 100%. Anything over, don’t risk it.
Difference in game?

No ND pass rush

Reactions: Fifthhorseman25
Adjustments:

Offense:
Get the ball to Love and Tyree.
Throw some deep shots. Merriweather, we need you.
Stay committed to running the ball.

Defense:
Be disciplined. For the most part you have been.
D-line get pressure on QB!
Force a turnover.

Special Teams:
Find a new kicker.

Not sure what the second half holds. But they basically had 4 posessions we had 3.

At minimum we should have 3 points. The Hartman run that he didn’t get was kind of unlucky. Honestly we’ve only had 3 drives and didn’t look overmatched or dominated on any.

The problem is in the trenches. The O line isn't holding up. The D line isn't getting to the quarterback soon enough. Thats the deal....and will be the ballgame unless it changes. OSU is beginning to get to Sam. Worst thing that can happen.

This next drive is ballgame in my view. We have to score. They are opening up the offense and taking shots. It’s going to be 10-0 unless we ****ing score.

Not sure what the second half holds. But they basically had 4 posessions we had 3.

At minimum we should have 3 points. The Hartman run that he didn’t get was kind of unlucky. Honestly we’ve only had 3 drives and didn’t look overmatched or dominated on any.

We look fine. Running game starting to get traction. Need a ball over the top to stretch them out

Adjustments:

Offense:
Get the ball to Love and Tyree.
Throw some deep shots. Merriweather, we need you.
Stay committed to running the ball.

Defense:
Be disciplined. For the most part you have been.
D-line get pressure on QB!
Force a turnover.

Special Teams:
Find a new kicker.

ND has been a second half team all year. Let’s see roll.

The problem is in the trenches. The O line isn't holding up. The D line isn't getting to the quarterback soon enough. Thats the deal....and will be the ballgame unless it changes. OSU is beginning to get to Sam. Worst thing that can happen.
No. We had 3 possessions 2 should’ve resulted in points and didn’t and neither of those was the o line.

if im a recruit at ND stadium watching this game, i'm telling my parents to catch an early flight to beat the traffic.
we need to be dynamic in these games where everybody is watching not play military academy keep away

Difference in game?

No ND pass rush
It was my major concern coming in but Ohio State has the best receiver running back tandem in college football and they have a whole 3 points at the half. The defense has been phenomenal all things considered.

The problem is (as it usually is for Notre Dame) we can't score any fvcking points.

It's beyond old at this point.

Instead of running an offense ND is running a defense on offense to keep game close -- milking the clock (like how Navy plays ND)
Yeah chase no offense but one drive ended in a missed fg. The other on a flukey TOD and the other was a 3rd and 3 that they just out executed on. 3 legit drives even with the new rules is wild

Reactions: NotreDomer1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT