ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Navy Prediction Thread

nemeth#5

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 26, 2005
Dallas, Texas
Hadn't seen a prediction thread yet.....

I'll start
ND 31
Navy 21

Close through 3 quarters... Defense comes up with a turnover late in the 3rd.

Don't think for one second that the Navy defense is going to sit back and let Ian idle in the pocket. They are going after him big time. Ian struggles against Top Twenty defenses. No score prediction. Not feeling this one, truth be told. But, we'll see tomorrow at this time.

Reactions: G_a_r_y
ND has refocused since the beat down at the hands of Michigan. Navy will not be sneaking up on them. Navy has Notre Dame’s full attention. With that said, ND wins and in convincing fashion.

ND 48. Navy 24

Ive seen Navy play a few times their offense is legit. If ND sleepwalks im going 31-27 Navy. If ND actually shows up 38-24 ND

Reactions: IrishHerb
Don't think for one second that the Navy defense is going to sit back and let Ian idle in the pocket. They are going after him big time. Ian struggles against Top Twenty defenses. No score prediction. Not feeling this one, truth be told. But, we'll see tomorrow at this time.

You wanna help those guys ^ out?

I think ND finishes 2-1 over their last 3 games--Boston College and Stanford are TERRIBLE this year--and that 1 loss is coming to Navy this weekend in a close game.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I think ND finishes 2-1 over their last 3 games, and that 1 loss is coming to Navy this weekend in a close game.

No way. ND won't lose to Navy at Home. The Irish D is too good and Navy is just the team that Book will take apart. Navy isn't Clemson.

Ian dominated Dukes defense. Navy does not have very good athletes on defense. Navy is just the type team that Book has great games against.
You must have been one of the ahole fans booing Book at the Virginia Tech game. Old grumpy blue hairs stink up the college football landscape. There are no blue hairs in FANNSVILE !

Reactions: Ara64
ND has better athletes at every position on the field today and the home win streak is extended to 17. 41-14. I remember the 1973 game because that team that won Ara his 2nd National Championship. I considered it a hs graduation gift from Ara and the team. This team will probably finish 11-2 and give BK his 5th minor bowl win against 1 defeat.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
ND has better athletes at every position on the field today and the home win streak is extended to 17. 41-14. I remember the 1973 game because that team that won Ara his 2nd National Championship. I considered it a hs graduation gift from Ara and the team. This team will probably finish 11-2 and give BK his 5th minor bowl win against 1 defeat.

I was 11 in 1973 and that was my favorite season. I was watching the USC game with my Dad and jumped up and down when Eric Penick ran 85 yards for a TD. That play I will never forget.

I also watched the Sugar bowl with my Dad. That game lived up to the hype "Game of the Century". Alabama was all class and played a helluva game but we were just better that day.
I still feel great after a Irish victory. I was pumping my fist in the air after Book made clutch play after clutch play and finally took it in the endzone for the win against Vtech.
Book is one helluva player and has the Irish fighting spirit.

*** I also think the Irish go 11 and 2 but I think they win their first major bowl game since 1993. A New Years six bowl win.
The Irish will end the season on their biggest high since 93.

*** The Irish will get a big bowl bid against a good team just because they are good but bring alot of fans to games.

Go Irish !! Beat Navy !!

Reactions: tkirish and Ara64
As a fan, you might want to have the right mindset here and expect a frustratingly close game. Expecting us to blow them out (which we *should*) will make for a very upsetting and disappointing experience I'm afraid. Navy usually gives us fits and they are better than most past Navy teams we've encountered. They will want to play ballhog and may do that exceedingly well given how often our O goes 3-and-out.

Ultimately, we still have the huge talent edge, so I'll go with Notre Dame hanging on 28-24.

As a fan, you might want to have the right mindset here and expect a frustratingly close game. Expecting us to blow them out (which we *should*) will make for a very upsetting and disappointing experience I'm afraid. Navy usually gives us fits and they are better than most past Navy teams we've encountered. They will want to play ballhog and may do that exceedingly well given how often our O goes 3-and-out.

Ultimately, we still have the huge talent edge, so I'll go with Notre Dame hanging on 28-24.

Just win baby !!

Reactions: Ara64
You mean like Meatchicken winning over Army in overtime? Was that a Harbaugh special?

Those guys at the Service Academies can actually play ball.
I never said they didn't. Oh the horror of saying anything about the great BK. You apologists kill me.

The only thing that really matters is winning because that's what history remembers. Like Bodi wrote--Just win BABY.

No way. ND won't lose to Navy at Home. The Irish D is too good and Navy is just the team that Book will take apart. Navy isn't Clemson.
Navy isn't Bowling Green. ND has a sixteen game home win streak, so the "blue hairs" must be doing something right at the games. I was at the VT game and I didn't hear anyone boo Ian. If you're not actually there, don't make comments about what's going on in the stadium. Navy is 17th in Total Defense. Ian struggles mightily against Top Twenty defenses. I don't know how the game will turn out, but I'm not going to disparage the Middies just to get attention. They are a good team.

I never said they didn't. Oh the horror of saying anything about the great BK. You apologists kill me.
Much to your dismay, I'm not a BK apologist. I'm on record here as saying he's a pretty good coach, but not a great one that can get us a Natty.

You people that call anyone that doesn't constantly bash BK an apologist kill me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Classic Irish
I hope they give Bo Bauer some playing time, point out the fullback, and say "make him not want to play football anymore."

Key to defensing the option, take away the fullback. Have a tough MLB maul the FB on every play, whether he has the ball or not.

Same goes with the QB. Take him out as a possible runner.

You play Navy, you gotta play the whole game. It's that simple. Our problem is we always seem to have a letdown at some point, which allows them to stay in the game or have an opportunity to win the game.

I think this will be a close one, but I'll go ND 31, Navy 28.

I think ND finishes 2-1 over their last 3 games--Boston College and Stanford are TERRIBLE this year--and that 1 loss is coming to Navy this weekend in a close game.

Your stupid fp charts didn't include Book and Claypool did they ? You should not have given up on Book you lame liberal Quitter !!!!!

No one are your Great Navy team can cover Claypool !!! Again Book is Joe Montana 2.0 ! You should not have quit on him !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT