ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame-Louisville Prediction Thread

Jersey Domer

ND Expert
Sep 25, 2009
I didn’t see a prediction thread so I’ll start one. Notre Dame has proven it can win on the road in primetime against a quality opponent with a loud crowd. I think Notre Dame will step up again and win setting up a huge showdown with Southern California and playoff hopes on the line.

Notre Dame 38 Louisville 14.

Reactions: tbone3114
I didn’t see a prediction thread so I’ll start one. Notre Dame has proven it can win on the road in primetime against a quality opponent with a loud crowd. I think Notre Dame will step up again and win setting up a huge showdown with Southern California and playoff hopes on the line.

Notre Dame 38 Louisville 14.
ND 47. Cards 24

I posted this in another theead but i truly believe this game will be close. This will be the third tough game in a row with USC next week. Two have been on the road during primetime. This game is also a night game during primetime. Do you know how much energy and how hard it is to play that many games in a row. This will be a close game.

I predict that our ND gamewatch sportsbar will be totally inadequate in the bourbon dept. They moved us to Tempe this year to a typical beer centric bar. It is limping green tea shots and something called a 'redbird martini.' I do envy those who are tailgating in Louisville and predict a headache.

I haven't seen Louisville play but they are having a good year. Road game following 2 tough close games. I am thinking we win big, 38 to 14 or so, but a close loss wouldn't surprise me. Would be a big road win.

Games are joined to determine a winner, if the outcome is never in doubt, why play, why watch.

I hope it is a well played game, injury free, and I expect ND to prevail.
As Aunt Edna would say, “PLAY BALL!’

I posted this in another theead but i truly believe this game will be close. This will be the third tough game in a row with USC next week. Two have been on the road during primetime. This game is also a night game during primetime. Do you know how much energy and how hard it is to play that many games in a row. This will be a close game.
I don't know how hard it is... do you know? Funny we never had conversations like this growing up.... never heard these things in the 80's or 90's..... not being sarcastic/judge mental...... ND is the better team! If all of their talent is utilized the way it was against OSU... ND wins by at least 14!

Reactions: NDinNJ
It will not be that close. ND had their let down game last week. This week with the WR's back it will be a take care of business kind of day. Likely close in Q1 but then ND will pull away.

ND 34 - Louisville 13

I think ND plays well despite this being the third game in the 4 week hell-stretch. The OSU game made them angry, and the Duke game left an unrequited feeling. Louisville getting ranked also helps regarding relative focus/hunger. We have enough cover guys to address the pass happy Brohm offense--and they are still adjusting to a new system. I think we catch them at a good time. 30-17 Irish.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I don't know how hard it is... do you know? Funny we never had conversations like this growing up.... never heard these things in the 80's or 90's..... not being sarcastic/judge mental...... ND is the better team! If all of their talent is utilized the way it was against OSU... ND wins by at least 14!
100% If ND was trotting out 40+ year olds I'd agree it would be hard to play this many games in a row. These are 18-24 year olds that are in optimal shape. Add in ND is not the only school playing 7-8-9 weeks in a row, plenty of schools have a similar schedule.

Outside of players that may be banged up, playing well in and week out won't have an impact on the team.

Reactions: tbone3114
100% If ND was trotting out 40+ year olds I'd agree it would be hard to play this many games in a row. These are 18-24 year olds that are in optimal shape. Add in ND is not the only school playing 7-8-9 weeks in a row, plenty of schools have a similar schedule.

Outside of players that may be banged up, playing well in and week out won't have an impact on the team.
You hit on it, it’s the ability to get really healthy… if Ohio state had to play last week they would have been in trouble

Reactions: NDinNJ
I think another close game, too, with ND scoring a late TD to secure a 31-21 victory.

With 2 of the 3 WRs (think Colzie still out ?) that will help.
Hopefully the offensive brain trust has SH take a few deep shots to get the box to lighten up. If that happens don't think the Ville can stop the running game.

ND-41
Ville-17

Caveat I usually completely wrong on my predictions so I will throw in:

ND-17
Ville-13

Survive & advance game was gonna stay away but then a huge rainbow appeared & thought it was a sign so think qe going struggle early, but cover & Win by 10. 34-24

I think ND plays well despite this being the third game in the 4 week hell-stretch. The OSU game made them angry, and the Duke game left an unrequited feeling. Louisville getting ranked also helps regarding relative focus/hunger. We have enough cover guys to address the pass happy Brohm offense--and they are still adjusting to a new system. I think we catch them at a good time. 30-17 Irish.
We tried that last week. WE didn't play 'angry' against Duke, just made the fans angry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT