ADVERTISEMENT

ND opens as 10.5 point underdog @ UGA

Let us all see who will actually be playing in the game first. Injuries. Suspensions. Transfers.

They also have Michigan a 28 point favorite over Army.
No way.

This is much closer than i thought it would be. Georgia is loaded with the best athletes in the country and ND has had trouble in away games vs P5 opponents during much of the BK era.

Georgia signed one of the best classes in the 21st century 2-3 years ago (something like 10+ five star players alone in one class) and those guys are now upperclassmen and they haven't really slowed down since.

Kirby Smart is also undefeated the last two years vs SEC opponents (outside of two close losses to Alabama).

I expect that line to be closer to 13-15 points by kick off.

Georgia is a favorite for a national title this season among a lot of math based systems and savvy bettors.

Last edited:
This is much closer than i thought it would be. Georgia is loaded with the best athletes in the country and ND has had trouble in away games vs P5 opponents during much of the BK era.

Georgia signed one of the best classes in the 21st century 2-3 years ago and those guys are now upperclassmen (even more talent than Alabama -- something like 10+ five star players alone in one class) and they haven't really slowed down since.

Kirby Smart is also undefeated the last two years vs SEC opponents (outside of two close losses to Alabama).

Georgia is a favorite for a national title this season among a lot of math based systems and savvy betters.

Has ND really had trouble in away games vs highly ranked teams? Besides the debacle in Miami most of the games vs top ranked teams on the road have been damn close. Oklahoma win in 2012, Florida State in 2014, Clemson and Stanford in 2015. All losses came down to the last play.

Top 5 pick? Easy there.

Pennick doesn't mean he's the 5th best player in college football but coming out next year at QB the top 3 going into the season are Tua, Herbet, and Fromm. Check the mocks I'll bet you see him top 5 in 85% of the drafts. Qbs always get picked higher especially if a team that high has a need.

In terms of points, What is “home field” advantage worth ?

Home Field is 3 points, so the Georgia game is Georgia giving 7.5 to Notre Dame, which sounds about right.

How often had Notre Dame stayed within a touchdown of a top five team? Way far back further than I could remember who it was for sure.

Home Field is 3 points, so the Georgia game is Georgia giving 7.5 to Notre Dame, which sounds about right.

How often had Notre Dame stayed within a touchdown of a top five team? Way far back further than I could remember who it was for sure.

Seriously? LOL

In the regular season, the last top 5 team ND played was at FSU, & lost by 4 on a BS call.

ND also lost to the team that finished #2 (Georgia) by 1 point.

Before that lost to another team who finished #2 (at Clemson) on a two point conversion.

Those are the last three regular season games (two on the road) agsinst teams that were either ranked top 5 at the time or finished top 5 in the polls.

Reactions: echowaker
Seriously? LOL

In the regular season, the last top 5 team ND played was at FSU, & lost by 4 on a BS call.

Before that lost to another team who finished #2 (at Clemson) on a two point conversion.

Those are the last three regular season games (two on the road) agsinst teams that were either ranked top 5 at the time or finished top 5 in the polls.

Because it's very rare to play a top 5 team? (and if we had won they would not be top 5).

Sounds about right they have a top 5 pick at QB going into the season and we have at best an undrafted free agent. Top to bottom they have a better roster as well.
top 5 ? says who ? someone is actually doing mocks fro 2020 ? thats crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelso86
I believe he was a 5 star, top QB in the country when he came out of high school. He came to Nd and won. He beat out the number one QB as a frosh. I think he will be one of the top 5 QB’s in CFB this year. Maybe it’s 8th or 4th but certainly tops. He is as good as Lawrence was in our bowl.

Seriously? LOL

Don't forget the last non regular season game vs a top 5. That one allowed weeks to prepare, like the Georgia game will.

I believe he was a 5 star, top QB in the country when he came out of high school. He came to Nd and won. He beat out the number one QB as a frosh. I think he will be one of the top 5 QB’s in CFB this year. Maybe it’s 8th or 4th but certainly tops. He is as good as Lawrence was in our bowl.
i don't think so. Lawrence is a generational talent.

Put down the bong. He isn't in the same galaxy as Lawrence.

i don't think so. Lawrence is a generational talent.

No doubt, TL will be a phenom. Saying Fromm in 2018 was just as good as TL and will have just as many weapons and more running weapons so that line does not surprise me.

This is the reason why Bama will never play an early big away game in the non conference again. If you have a lot of pieces you have to replace you need a few weeks to get it together. Anyone new is just not going to be ready. You are way more vulnerable to a loss, especially on the road. If this were an October game the spread would be closer because the new players ND has to break in will have gone through the steepest part of the learning curve and be ready.

This is the reason why Bama will never play an early big away game in the non conference again. If you have a lot of pieces you have to replace you need a few weeks to get it together. Anyone new is just not going to be ready. You are way more vulnerable to a loss, especially on the road. If this were an October game the spread would be closer because the new players ND has to break in will have gone through the steepest part of the learning curve and be ready.

How is that different at a neutral site?

Neutral site does not have a -3 adjustment to the spread. More room for error.

So they give up a point or so from playing in Tuscaloosa. I think Bama shuns big noncom road games because they can. They won't play them in November as well.

Georgia signed one of the best classes in the 21st century 2-3 years ago (something like 10+ five star players alone in one class) and those guys are now upperclassmen and they haven't really slowed down since.

Georgia is a favorite for a national title this season among a lot of math based systems and savvy bettors.

Don't forget about Auburn and LSU. UGA got smoked by both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT