ADVERTISEMENT

ND Miss State

i'm not totally giving up on them yet but it is going to be very tough to come back because of turnovers, guards missing lots of shots and plus the bulldogs have been mugging our irish all night long and getting called very little for it. the refs have to start calling fouls in the second half on them for mugging our irish like they are

Mabrey turnovers , Ogunbowale shooting , . Woman to woman defense on a struggling Mabrey plus much quicker players guarding her .it seems that is a big part of game plan . Not being a coach ,I think it would be better if Young and Ogunbowale ,much quicker guards bring up the ball . But on the other hand ,if Shepard can draw mcGowan up to foul line and let Young and Ogunbunwale work one on one down low .
Ogunbowale 1 for 10 .puzzling

Reactions: Uncle Money
i'm not totally giving up on them yet but it is going to be very tough to come back because of turnovers, guards missing lots of shots and plus the bulldogs have been mugging our irish all night long and getting called very little for it. the refs have to start calling fouls in the second half on them for mugging our irish like they are

You clearly haven’t seen the mugging on McCowan going on almost every time she touches the ball. But OK. I think the Irish could come back, but come on man!

Nice come back from the Irish, they fought back, but the TO’s are killing them!

Nice to see that E$(ec)PN realized that were ND fans at the game. Got sick and tired of seeing the miis st fans the entire game.

WAY TO GO LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see the ladies trophy, the Fencing trophy, and the Citrus Bowl trophy in three weeks. Don't stop now Irish hockey!

Reactions: PHJIndy
I can't wait to see the ladies trophy, the Fencing trophy, and the Citrus Bowl trophy in three weeks. Don't stop now Irish hockey!

And there are some who say Swarbrick should be fired.....

Miss State will complain about the non-call foul on Mabrey just like we would if it had happened to ND but I still don't understand why they didn't foul before Arike's shot.....never let Arike beat you but what a shot!

The men's game has something to try to live up to after three of the best final four games you'll ever see.

Miss State will complain about the non-call foul on Mabrey just like we would if it had happened to ND but I still don't understand why they didn't foul before Arike's shot.....never let Arike beat you but what a shot!

The men's game has something to try to live up to after three of the best final four games you'll ever see.
The officiating was subpar all game. Having Mississippi State come back out with .01 was pure silliness. They also let the big center from Mississippi State stay in the lane for long lengths of time, sometimes an entire possession.
Great win though!!!!!:)

The officiating was subpar all game. Having Mississippi State come back out with .01 was pure silliness. They also let the big center from Mississippi State stay in the lane for long lengths of time, sometimes an entire possession.
There were definitely a couple questionable calls on both sides but it was a great win especially because we come back loaded for next year!!

There were definitely a couple questionable calls on both sides but it was a great win especially because we come back loaded for next year!!
Yeah it was bad both ways for sure.
Gotta keep those knee injuries to a minimum next season. I don't know if my heart can stand much more of this!

I think we waited until the 4th qtr before a 3 point attempt finally dropped.

The officiating was bad, but making Mississippi St. come back out to play the final .1 was the correct rule. The ball cleared the net with .1, so the clock should have stopped, but I doubt any clock operator would have been fast enough to stop it. The refs just corrected that with instant replay. Happens all the time.

The amount of traveling and camping out in the key that they allowed McCown was ridiculous. And I was pissed that they let her consistently clear out the defender with an elbow before she shot. That's a foul all day long.

And was anyone else annoyed by ESPN's love fest of Mississippi State in all of the pregame and back from commercial stuff?

Can never look at one isolated call or non-call in a game---normally this happens when it's at the end of the game and therefore more in the spotlight. There were many dubious calls e.g. Schaefer flop on Jackie Young throughout the game.

And she travelled just about every time she touched the ball.

Last night I was surprised Mabrey wasn't called for a foul on Miss. St.'s last possession, but when they showed the replay, I thought she had position and the State player ran into her. Then I found this tape on YouTube just now. I admit half the time I don't understand why fouls are called in basketball, but it looks to me like Mabrey has position and the State player ran into her before stumbling and falling to the floor. So, yeah, I'm a homer, but I think it was a good no-call. Would like to hear others' opinions. The play occurs at about 1:57 on this tape.

Last night I was surprised Mabrey wasn't called for a foul on Miss. St.'s last possession, but when they showed the replay, I thought she had position and the State player ran into her. Then I found this tape on YouTube just now. I admit half the time I don't understand why fouls are called in basketball, but it looks to me like Mabrey has position and the State player ran into her before stumbling and falling to the floor. So, yeah, I'm a homer, but I think it was a good no-call. Would like to hear others' opinions. The play occurs at about 1:57 on this tape.

Just because somebody falls down doesn't mean they were fouled. Thought it was a clean swipe at the ball. Watched the entire game again and there were many questionable calls, including two phantom traveling calls on Mabrey.

I admit I'm a homer too but that still looks like a foul to me. I know if the situation had been reversed, I'd have been upset no call was made. All that being said, it doesn't take away from the win. I was not happy when the refs bailed out Miss State with a little over three minutes left when their player jumped into the ND defender and we got the foul call after we had played great defense for the whole shot clock. I understand breaks go both ways..

There are too many plays to call out one as the game changer but it would have given Miss State two free throws. Miss State also could have gone up even further about 30 seconds earlier but their center missed a point blank layup so in the end, we made the plays and they didn't make them. Winning a national championship is tough and ND just refused to quit.

The officiating was bad, but making Mississippi St. come back out to play the final .1 was the correct rule. The ball cleared the net with .1, so the clock should have stopped, but I doubt any clock operator would have been fast enough to stop it. The refs just corrected that with instant replay. Happens all the time.

The amount of traveling and camping out in the key that they allowed McCown was ridiculous. And I was pissed that they let her consistently clear out the defender with an elbow before she shot. That's a foul all day long.

And was anyone else annoyed by ESPN's love fest of Mississippi State in all of the pregame and back from commercial stuff?

Do I remember this correctly? MSST gets 0.1 left and they tried for a tip in layup when they needed 3 points...

Do I remember this correctly? MSST gets 0.1 left and they tried for a tip in layup when they needed 3 points...

Hoping for a dumb foul? Would have been impossible to get a shot off with that little time remaining.

I admit I'm a homer too but that still looks like a foul to me. I know if the situation had been reversed, I'd have been upset no call was made. All that being said, it doesn't take away from the win. I was not happy when the refs bailed out Miss State with a little over three minutes left when their player jumped into the ND defender and we got the foul call after we had played great defense for the whole shot clock. I understand breaks go both ways..

There are too many plays to call out one as the game changer but it would have given Miss State two free throws. Miss State also could have gone up even further about 30 seconds earlier but their center missed a point blank layup so in the end, we made the plays and they didn't make them. Winning a national championship is tough and ND just refused to quit.

I hear you, but I still think the State player ran into Mabrey, who I think had the inside position, as it were.

And yes, they had their chances to win but were unable to pull it out.

There was no doubt in my mind at the time, that it was a foul. If officiating, I sure as hell would have called it. With the benefit of Multiple post game replays, I think the case can be made that Mabrey hit the ball before there was contact, and a no call being the right decision. If a Miss St fan, I would be upset with the no call on such a pivotal play. As a ND fan, I feel we were fortunate for the no call, and nothing can diminish the incredible team comeback or the individual heroics of Ogunbowale. Frankly, thought Schaefer’s (sp) flops and the calls against Young were much worse and should have been easier to get right than this no call.

There was no doubt in my mind at the time, that it was a foul. If officiating, I sure as hell would have called it. With the benefit of Multiple post game replays, I think the case can be made that Mabrey hit the ball before there was contact, and a no call being the right decision. If a Miss St fan, I would be upset with the no call on such a pivotal play. As a ND fan, I feel we were fortunate for the no call, and nothing can diminish the incredible team comeback or the individual heroics of Ogunbowale. Frankly, thought Schaefer’s (sp) flops and the calls against Young were much worse and should have been easier to get right than this no call.

Yep, good points all........I always wonder if they teach that flop but if I was a player, I'd bow to the defender, congratulate them on their Oscar and take the technical foul that would come with it........:)

the game has been uploaded on youtube if anybody wants to watch the replay. the UCONN game is also on youtube

IMHO MSST chose to play a very physical style and has to live on the edge as to what gets called.

And what foul would you have called? It was correctly called a no call and the ref at the bottom of the screen had a clear view of what happened. William was in the process of passing the ball, ball was tipped, William fell and contacted Mabry. The contact by Mabry came after the ball was tipped, at which point everyone on the court has a right to go after the ball. As long as there isn't an overt act to prevent someone from getting the ball(i.e., pulling their jersey or arm), you don't have a foul.

If you're a Miss St fan, you should be more pissed that your PG had no awareness of the game. She didn't have to press the pace. It's a tie game, you have possession, you're in the bonus, and you have timeouts. Get across half court and call a timeout so you can set up a play and win the game. But she went for the hero move and it backfired. Or better yet, blame the coach. He didn't call for a timeout until after William had lost the ball. If he would have called a timeout the moment the ball was stolen, he would have had time to set up a play and kept the game to his advantage. Huge mistake there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT