ADVERTISEMENT

ND LB vs every other top 15 team

LB’s do more than just tackle and fill. They usually see the defense and identify the play. I’m sure Sneed and Prince will see more and more as they can handle more and more. Junior is playing. Lots of frosh are playing on D. You got two CB’s as starters that are frosh. They will play when they earn it
Mickey isnt starting

Kristofic was better than Zeke last year. Why did they wait so long? Why were people on here seeing that before the staff?
Because diehard and echoboy think the coaches ALWAYS make the right decisions. They are NEVER wrong. Is that why so many of them end up getting fired and then hired by another school? Stupid mentality that just because you are a coach than you are always right. There are bad doctors/nurses/engineers/dentists/accountants.....etc. Just stop with your stupid diatribes about " are you at practice? Do you know more than the coaches? Do you think they don't want to win? They havent EARNED it. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Its human nature to show favoritism, or have favorites. Its the way of the world. Get over it.....its nauseating

Reactions: Golson5
Because diehard and echoboy think the coaches ALWAYS make the right decisions. They are NEVER wrong. Is that why so many of them end up getting fired and then hired by another school? Stupid mentality that just because you are a coach than you are always right. There are bad doctors/nurses/engineers/dentists/accountants.....etc. Just stop with your stupid diatribes about " are you at practice? Do you know more than the coaches? Do you think they don't want to win? They havent EARNED it. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Its human nature to show favoritism, or have favorites. Its the way of the world. Get over it.....its nauseating
Ouch!

Ouch!

I thought lb was one of our strengths preseason what happened. Golden has me concerned

Wishful thinking by some I think. They weren't that good last year either
Wishful thinking that prince would be playing a lot and liafau would be what we thought and expected

bauer and Jd not doing anything and Kiser doing what he should, nothing more ever

Wishful thinking that prince would be playing a lot and liafau would be what we thought and expected

bauer and Jd not doing anything and Kiser doing what he should, nothing more ever
Everyone should have known Jd, Kiser and Bo were going to play a lot and they are just average.

Marist hadnt done anything up to this season in his career and Prince was okay when he played last year, nothing crazy

Gotta hope that prince does get more snaps now, marist improves throughout the year and the young guys get at least some reps for next year

Everyone should have known Jd, Kiser and Bo were going to play a lot and they are just average.

Marist hadnt done anything up to this season in his career and Prince was okay when he played last year, nothing crazy

Gotta hope that prince does get more snaps now, marist improves throughout the year and the young guys get at least some reps for next year
I think there was fair reason to believe JD would be better when healthy since he was injured most of last year. He is somehow WORSE than last year

I also think Prince has shown abilities none of the JD, Bauer, Kiser have. But we haven't seen him enough to know how good he can be

Marist in 2020 showed the potential to be a game wrecking blitzer and thumper with really good size and athleticism. When blitzing he still blows up RBs but he's not playing fast and i feel the time off hurt him mentally.
JD, Kiser have one more year of eligibility after this year. Interesting if they use it or are allowed to. I would assume yes unless like you said, the young guys especially Sneed/Junior start getting some real PT.

It would be exciting if our top 4 lbs next year are Marist, Prince, Junior, sneed. But only if they are the best and not be default. Physically, thats what you want your top 4 lbs to possess.

Reactions: IrishMike409

Why do you think Prince has had a hard time emerging? I was thinking he’d be similar to Morgan and Coney.

Why do you think Prince has had a hard time emerging? I was thinking he’d be similar to Morgan and Coney.
morgan and coney didn't really take over until their JR years. Hopefully Prince is on the same trajectory and starts playing more this year.

I guess his concussion had him miss about 2 weeks of fall practice, i assume golden doesn't have the trust in him. But that shouldn't matter now with how bad the lbs are playing. Find out who can frichan play.

He wasn't a true LB coming out of high school. More of an athlete. Played all over on offense and defense.

It may take him some time or he might not be as good as expected

I think there was fair reason to believe JD would be better when healthy since he was injured most of last year. He is somehow WORSE than last year

I also think Prince has shown abilities none of the JD, Bauer, Kiser have. But we haven't seen him enough to know how good he can be

Marist in 2020 showed the potential to be a game wrecking blitzer and thumper with really good size and athleticism. When blitzing he still blows up RBs but he's not playing fast and i feel the time off hurt him mentally.
JD, Kiser have one more year of eligibility after this year. Interesting if they use it or are allowed to. I would assume yes unless like you said, the young guys especially Sneed/Junior start getting some real PT.

It would be exciting if our top 4 lbs next year are Marist, Prince, Junior, sneed. But only if they are the best and not be default. Physically, thats what you want your top 4 lbs to possess.
JD and Jack both have 2 years of eligibility after this year. No way do we say no to them coming back.

Id like the 4 you mentioned but they just arent going to get the pt that we can trust them going into next year

Mickey isnt starting

True from an absolute, I should have said "Playing". This is as close to a starter as you get.

Ben Morrison-131 Jaden Mickey-63 Eli Raridon- 37 Holden Staes-11 Tobias Merriweather-4 Junior Tuihalamaka-2

He is #2 as a fresh. Its not about the coaches not wanting to play freshman was my real point. See above. When they earn it, they play.

True from an absolute, I should have said "Playing". This is as close to a starter as you get.

Ben Morrison-131 Jaden Mickey-63 Eli Raridon- 37 Holden Staes-11 Tobias Merriweather-4 Junior Tuihalamaka-2

He is #2 as a fresh. Its not about the coaches not wanting to play freshman was my real point. See above. When they earn it, they play.
63 isn't much. We're usually slow to put freshman in. Especially at certain positions like wr

IDK. Morrison and Mickey play a ton and growing. Raridon and Tobias will see a lot more time as will Junior.

We also are loaded at other spots so hard to break in. Both O and D lines are stacked as is RB.

The only real Suprise to me is Sneed. I would have thought he would have been a major player by now. Where we need them, they are playing. It's too bad we really only signed one WR last year. Any top WR would have had a great chance to play.

IDK. Morrison and Mickey play a ton and growing. Raridon and Tobias will see a lot more time as will Junior.

We also are loaded at other spots so hard to break in. Both O and D lines are stacked as is RB.

The only real Suprise to me is Sneed. I would have thought he would have been a major player by now. Where we need them, they are playing. It's too bad we really only signed one WR last year. Any top WR would have had a great chance to play.
We've only had 1 guy play a lot(Morrison) and 1 guy play a decent amount (Mickey). We just don't play young guys a lot

Esp at wr. How is Merriweather not getting more time

We've only had 1 guy play a lot(Morrison) and 1 guy play a decent amount (Mickey). We just don't play young guys a lot

Raridon played a good bit vs UNC and will moving forward with bauman done for year…. Even with Evans coming back soon

Raridon has been blocking pretty damn well, and I’m expecting him to have a big gain over middle some game because no one will be expecting it

Raridon played a good bit vs UNC and will moving forward with bauman done for year…. Even with Evans coming back soon

Raridon has been blocking pretty damn well, and I’m expecting him to have a big gain over middle some game because no one will be expecting it
I hope so. My point was up to now

I think Mickey has a little bit better physical abilities than Morrison but Mickey has busted 2 or 3 coverages so far. So clearly, morrison is ahead mentally.

For WR, I think the Rees/Kelly process of investing all your first team reps to an older person you like or trust to be in the right spot even if they aren't good is part of the problem. Maybe this did happen but after Zeke the last few years I would have done everything to see if someone could be better than him instead of making him starting center right away in fall camp. Salerno, i wouldn't have given him many reps, he's just not it. I'm not saying give up on players or don't let them develop, but Zeke has done nothing to warrant how quickly he was made starter at center, actually the opposite.

We've only had 1 guy play a lot(Morrison) and 1 guy play a decent amount (Mickey). We just don't play young guys a lot Esp at wr. How is Merriweather not getting more time
Meriweather is a mystery. That is a spot even more so than CB you would have thought would have action. Some of it was the game plans I assume (Didnt really need Frosh out against number 2 when your plan was to run, run and run). Marshall was just a bad game plan and the line couldnt hold anyone out more than 1.5 seconds so it was more about the backs and TE's. So I assume it was a combination of game plan and situation.

Would have liked to see him more when we got up big against UNC but we were really just running it down their throat the second half. Now that DP seems to have his sea legs and the line is actually a line we might see lots more of people that can get deep and win a 50/50.

ADVERTISEMENT