ADVERTISEMENT

ND> Clemson, OHio State and PSU

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
No way these teams, especially Clemson, should be ranked ahead of a team that is blowing out everyone on their schedule and dominating top 15 teams week after week.

Any ranking lower than these teams is gross politics and total bs.

I hope the playoff committee saw ND take a knee as to not embarrass the team with the 6th best defense in the country.

Clemson lost to Syracuse, a team that would lose to any top 25 team by double digits. Ohio State was dominated by Oklahoma.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
I believe the playoff committee will vastly overrate Ohio State and forget about the ass whooping the Sooners put on them. NO team, including Bama, would put an ass whooping on this ND team.

No way these teams, especially Clemson, should be ranked ahead of a team that is blowing out everyone on their schedule and dominating top 15 teams week after week.

Any ranking lower than these teams is gross politics and total bs.
PSU yes. While I agree with your sentiment the committee no matter the impartial bullshit they sell very much rewards reputation.

We have to earn our place in that top four and honestly I wouldn't want it any other way.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
OSU won at the end. But statistically speaking they outplayed Penn state. I know stats don't matter. Only the "W". However, I don't think Penn State was a legit number 2. Ohio Sate is stacked with talent, more than every team not named Alabama. They will win out and make it in. If ND wins out they have a chance. I know the feeling is they played a very tough schedule. That's true. Still, the thing that hurts them is not playing a conference championship game. If at the end there are 3 teams with identical records, ND being one of them, you can bet not being in a conference will be a point of discussion by the select committee. Anyway, I really don't want to predict anything. Too much football yet to play. Great win today. Back to work on Monday. Wake Forrest is all that matters. Go Irish!!

ND outplayed Georgia. That loss stings, but anyone that saw that game would think ND sort of shot themselves in the foot. Played again, I think ND comes out on top in a very close win.

If we win out and don't get in, I would fear that the team would be heart broken and that would negatively impact the lame bowl game that they put us in. Probably some lame matchup like Wisconsin or TCU. It would be very meaningless for ND.

ND outplayed Georgia. That loss stings, but anyone that saw that game would think ND sort of shot themselves in the foot. Played again, I think ND comes out on top in a very close win.
I love ND as much as anyone here, but we DID NOT outplay Georgia. They outgained us by over sixty yards; they totally shut down our running game for fifty yards on the night; they had more time of possession; they were penalized twice as many yards as we were; and they had more points! Yes, we had a chance to pull out the game with two possessions in the last five minutes, but we didn’t.

You saw a different game than I did. ND did not outplay UGA.

Notre Dame didn’t out play Georgia.

And every game matters, even if it’s a bowl game not included in the CFP.

If ND goes 11-1 and gets left out of the top 4, then that’ll be (IMO) the first of 2 times it’ll take for the brass and coaching staff to start strongly considering joining the ACC. Two 11-1 years without getting in the CFP will do it.

joining the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT