3. OSU
3.. Clemson
5. USC
6. UM
7. Oregon
8. TCU
9. ND
10. FSU

Bama, UGA, OSU, will all be breaking in new but super talented QBs but all have incredible RBs and WRs around to help ease them in and very good OL’s. Clemson will turn it over to Klubnick (appears to be the real deal though), their offense will be much more similar to their 2020 and prior teams.

I wouldn’t include UM in the top 10 but their schedule is atrocious again. They’ll likely play only two ranked teams in PSU and OSU.

TCU could go either way IMO, their WB position isn’t nearly as talented as those above and Dugan is a huge loss for them.

Bo Nix returns for Oregon after having a very good year,

I think FSU finally gets back into the top 10, they return a lot including their QB to a team that played very well to end the year.

As most of you know, ND’s 2023 season depends on the QB situation as we don’t have five stars lined up like a few of the other programs above us. Hopefully, whoever is the starter uses the three games before OSU to set the tone for a great season.

1. Bama
2. UGA
3. OSU
3.. Clemson
5. USC
6. UM
7. Oregon
8. TCU
9. ND
10. FSU

Bama, UGA, OSU, will all be breaking in new but super talented QBs but all have incredible RBs and WRs around to help ease them in and very good OL’s. Clemson will turn it over to Klubnick (appears to be the real deal though), their offense will be much more similar to their 2020 and prior teams.

I wouldn’t include UM in the top 10 but their schedule is atrocious again. They’ll likely play only two ranked teams in PSU and OSU.

TCU could go either way IMO, their WB position isn’t nearly as talented as those above and Dugan is a huge loss for them.

Bo Nix returns for Oregon after having a very good year,

I think FSU finally gets back into the top 10, they return a lot including their QB to a team that played very well to end the year.

As most of you know, ND’s 2023 season depends on the QB situation as we don’t have five stars lined up like a few of the other programs above us. Hopefully, whoever is the starter uses the three games before OSU to set the tone for a great season.
I dont see Bama at 1. They lose a lot and have no big time QB in the wings. Their backup really struggled this year

Clemson is too high. They lose a lot on defense and lost to all the best teams they played this year

I dont see Bama at 1. They lose a lot and have no big time QB in the wings. Their backup really struggled this year

Clemson is too high. They lose a lot on defense and lost to all the best teams they played this year
Bama will have a special WR and RB group and a very good OL, Simpson is a much more talented thrower then Milroe, but before he (Milroe) got dinged up he was playing well when he was spelling Young. He’s a helluva runner.

Clemson may lose on D but I think Klubnick is a special QB and will live up to the hype. A much improved roster of offensive weapons too.

Bama will have a special WR and RB group and a very good OL, Simpson is a much more talented thrower then Milroe, but before he (Milroe) got dinged up he was playing well when he was spelling Young. He’s a helluva runner.

Clemson may lose on D but I think Klubnick is a special QB and will live up to the hype. A much improved roster of offensive weapons too.
Milroe did not play well. And Simpson is good but I dont think elite. Did he play at all this year?

They lose their best rb and a few wrs. Plus some have transferred already. Their wr room wasnt nearly as good this year as in the past. Itll be good but not elite

Clemson dynasty is over. They arent the DW and TL teams and Klubnik isnt them although I like him. They are falling back for sure

Milroe did not play well. And Simpson is good but I dont think elite. Did he play at all this year?

They lose their best rb and a few wrs. Plus some have transferred already. Their wr room wasnt nearly as good this year as in the past. Itll be good but not elite

Clemson dynasty is over. They arent the DW and TL teams and Klubnik isnt them although I like him. They are falling back for sure
We’ll just disagree here. I watched Milroe absolutely carve up teams in a few games running the ball and throwing some WR screens. He played solidly against A&M and Arkansas when he was taking snaps for a recovering Young.

DW & TL are both super talents drafted #12, and #1 overall, so that’s big shows to fill in comparison. TL was a generational talent/prospect too. Klubnick was the #1 or #2 QB in his class for a reason. He’s very mobile, throws very well on the move, can throw on all three levels very well, and is a smart kid too, 4.0 student.

We’ll just disagree here. I watched Milroe absolutely carve up teams in a few games running the ball and throwing some WR screens. He played solidly against A&M and Arkansas when he was taking snaps for a recovering Young.

DW & TL are both super talents drafted #12, and #1 overall, so that’s big shows to fill in comparison. TL was a generational talent/prospect too. Klubnick was the #1 or #2 QB in his class for a reason. He’s very mobile, throws very well on the move, can throw on all three levels very well, and is a smart kid too, 4.0 student.
He threw for 111 yards against A&M and they almost lost to a non bowl team.

Alabama is losing a ton. Everyone down there thought this was their year and next year would be a rebuilding year (for them means at least 10 wins but not a title)

He threw for 111 yards against A&M and they almost lost to a non bowl team.

Alabama is losing a ton. Everyone down there thought this was their year and next year would be a rebuilding year (for them means at least 10 wins but not a title)
A&M was playing great defense earlier in the year, as the season wore on and the offense was absolutely atrocious it greatly hampered the defensive play.

I think Simpson is the starter anyways but Milroe will definitely play, the guy is very hard to tackle with the ball in his hands.

Their schedule lines up nicely as they get LSU, Texas, Tennessee, and Ole Miss at home next season.

I love way too early top 25s, so thanks for posting.

Clemson isn't even a top 10 team, IMO. They have 3 different players from their defensive front 7 listed as consensus 1st round draft picks, so I just can't see them improving on this year's campaign.

UM might be a top 10 team based on their returning players. But come on, ranking a team based on its schedule...that's weak sauce. I'll see you Michigan and raise you Ball State.

As for who deserves to be in the top 10 over Clemson...I'll take the team that looks better in the Rose Bowl. Both Utah and Penn State have been consistently good over the past couple of years.

Notre Dame is a solid lock at #1 of course ;)

USC too high. Both lines are questionable and not up to Top 10 status.

What Golson says plus Oregon does not belong. Maybe Utah

Georgia
Alabama
OSU
Michigan
TCU
Oregon
Utah
Notre Dame
USC
Penn State
Until somebody beats UGA they deserve the ranking.
Even though the top three lose a lot and of talent they just replace it year in and year out. I will say the SEC is catching up to BAMA so the overall era of dominance is shrinking.
The Big basically has three teams who do not play much of a non conference schedule that is why they have three teams.

Georgia
Alabama
OSU
Michigan
TCU
Oregon
Utah
Notre Dame
USC
Penn State
Until somebody beats UGA they deserve the ranking.
Even though the top three lose a lot and of talent they just replace it year in and year out. I will say the SEC is catching up to BAMA so the overall era of dominance is shrinking.
The Big basically has three teams who do not play much of a non conference schedule that is why they have three teams.
Georgia is the dominant team in the SEC now. Bama is 2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT