ADVERTISEMENT

ND #1 BRAND in College Football

FLballcoach1

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 10, 2015
ND vs UT drew 11 Million viewers on Sunday Night. Ole Miss vs FSU 5.3 Million / Alabama vs USC 4.9 Million / OU vs Houston 4.6 Million / Clemson vs Auburn 2.8 Million.

Don't let a mediocre defense get it twisted. ND may not be the lead dog in the rankings. But ND is the lead dog everywhere else.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ND vs UT drew 11 Million viewers on Sunday Night. Ole Miss vs FSU 5.3 Million / Alabama vs USC 4.9 Million / OU vs Houston 4.6 Million / Clemson vs Auburn 2.8 Million.

Don't let a mediocre defense get it twisted. ND may not be the lead dog in the rankings. But ND is the lead dog everywhere else.
Despite the fact Texas has a pretty sizable viewership, yeah - it's just about ND.

Also have to consider that it was the only game on national TV sunday night (which is the reason why it was moved to Sunday).

Reactions: ivan brunetti

I hope, to some extent, this post was sarcastic. It demonstrates completely the problem with the ND administration, and, to some extent, the fans.

If the program isn't successful in the fashion that it has formerly been, who gives a damn about the ND brand and whether the "brand" is number one. I think the administration has been too caught up recently in growing and nurturing the "brand" and not the program. I'm a little disillusioned because of the Shamrock Series, the Disney-fication of the program, the emphasis on creating a Notre Dame "experience" for visitors and fans - all to grow the "brand".

It's sad. We used to be about winning and winning championships. Now we boast about ratings.

I hope, to some extent, this post was sarcastic. It demonstrates completely the problem with the ND administration, and, to some extent, the fans.

If the program isn't successful in the fashion that it has formerly been, who gives a damn about the ND brand and whether the "brand" is number one. I think the administration has been too caught up recently in growing and nurturing the "brand" and not the program. I'm a little disillusioned because of the Shamrock Series, the Disney-fication of the program, the emphasis on creating a Notre Dame "experience" for visitors and fans - all to grow the "brand".

It's sad. We used to be about winning and winning championships. Now we boast about ratings.
It is sad....we used to celebrate yesteryear with the goal being of rewriting new legacies and memories.
Now we celebrate yesteryear with the hopes of..............nothing
because we are now in no man's land. We are decent. Elite? No.
Bamas run now, USC run during Caroll, OSU run over the last 15.....
That used to be us.

Holtz run from 1988-1993
If there had been a playoff back then he would have been in it every year but one.

Now we get some nice athletes again but our coach can't win a big game and our defense is an unorganized cluster ****.

But we got nice ratings.

Wtfe

So many on here take ND losing a football game so personally. ND football on the field has been a good but not a great program. But ND is clearly the most recognizable brand in College Football. The only people who should be frustrated with losing a football game are the players who just spent a month busting their tails in Training Camp, and the coaching staff who routinely put in 80 work weeks preparing the football team.

We have too many pseudo coaches on this forum that just need to chill and quit being so butt hurt when ND loses a couple of ball games. It is just a college football game, it is not a disease nobody is going to die from it.

So many on here take ND losing a football game so personally. ND football on the field has been a good but not a great program. But ND is clearly the most recognizable brand in College Football. The only people who should be frustrated with losing a football game are the players who just spent a month busting their tails in Training Camp, and the coaching staff who routinely put in 80 work weeks preparing the football team.

We have too many pseudo coaches on this forum that just need to chill and quit being so butt hurt when ND loses a couple of ball games. It is just a college football game, it is not a disease nobody is going to die from it.

You have no idea how much time these coaches put in. You are purely speculating.

I'm an ND alum and a fan. Why can't I be frustrated with bad play?

If I'm not supposed to care whether the team wins or loses, then why should I care about the "brand" or what ratings we garner. What's the end goal? Rooting for the university to make as much money as possible?

If you care about the ND "brand" (which is sad if that's all you care about), then you better care about winning and losing.

If you find yourself literally "upset" about ND losing a college football game?

You should seek professional help or find a life. Personally I could care less if any of you whiners gave yourself a heart attack. I'm just sick and tired of grown men acting like 4 year olds when ND loses a football game.

Getting "upset" over a "game" you have NO control over...is monumentally dumb.

Alumni or not.

Reactions: john0gaunt
If you find yourself literally "upset" about ND losing a college football game?

You should seek professional help or find a life. Personally I could care less if any of you whiners gave yourself a heart attack. I'm just sick and tired of grown men acting like 4 year olds when ND loses a football game.

Getting "upset" over a "game" you have NO control over...is monumentally dumb.

Alumni or not.
Yeah, how'd the 2 QB routine work out?

I would gladly trade a lesser brand ranking with a better football record and performance...particularly in bowl games.
It's like saying "Our football team is a little better than average...but have you seen our library?"

Very true but that's the problem. Jack and co. is fine with losing because ND is theeee brand. All ND cares about is $$$$$.

It is sad....we used to celebrate yesteryear with the goal being of rewriting new legacies and memories.
Now we celebrate yesteryear with the hopes of..............nothing
because we are now in no man's land. We are decent. Elite? No.
Bamas run now, USC run during Caroll, OSU run over the last 15.....
That used to be us.

Holtz run from 1988-1993
If there had been a playoff back then he would have been in it every year but one.

Now we get some nice athletes again but our coach can't win a big game and our defense is an unorganized cluster ****.

But we got nice ratings.

Wtfe
Excellent post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT