ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA vs North Carolina the state

Not impressed with your reference. Again figure it out why yourself.
Well, hopefully God will have better luck with you than I. I don't try to do his job.

In other words, you have no idea. I wish we all had your understanding of the Bible which apparently no one else shares.

It has nothing to do with conservative or liberal. Any person with a brain should be able to admit that slavery was evil, and that extermination of native Americans was a horrible thing. You are the one claiming that we "lost our moral compass" beginning with Roe v. Wade. I was compelled to point out how patently absurd that claim was.

My point was in looking at the history of the USA, liberals tend to focus more on the failings, than conservatives do. Conservatives tend to be more patriotic, and like to focus on the successes. That's just the way it seems to be, for the most part. Liberals dwell on slavery and discrimination, and how horrible that was. While conservatives would rather focus on the fact that our Founding Fathers created the first democracy since ancient Greece, and made it work. And in the process, we grew and became the wealthiest, most powerful nation on earth, the land of opportunity that has drawn, and continues to draw, millions of immigrants from all over the world.

In other words, you have no idea. I wish we all had your understanding of the Bible which apparently no one else shares.

there was a presumtive error in what you posted and it leads me to think it is a lost cause to engage you in further discussion. You are in way over your head. But think as you wish.

My point was in looking at the history of the USA, liberals tend to focus more on the failings, than conservatives do. Conservatives tend to be more patriotic, and like to focus on the successes. That's just the way it seems to be, for the most part. Liberals dwell on slavery and discrimination, and how horrible that was. While conservatives would rather focus on the fact that our Founding Fathers created the first democracy since ancient Greece, and made it work. And in the process, we grew and became the wealthiest, most powerful nation on earth, the land of opportunity that has drawn, and continues to draw, millions of immigrants from all over the world.

I think that's an overly simplistic and - in the context of who is more patriotic - offensive explanation of liberals and conservatives. If you think liberals aren't patriotic and don't focus on the wonderful parts of the country, then you need to meet more liberals.

A view of the country is incomplete without taking into account both positives and negatives and without realizing that (1) while a flawed country, we are also a wonderful country, and (2) on the flip side, while a wonderful country, we are also a flawed country.

Nonsense. This is possibly the biggest steaming pile of BS I have ever read on this board, and that is saying something. Most fair-minded people, both conservative and liberal, can see both the good and the bad. Too bad that you cannot do so.

there was a presumtive error in what you posted and it leads me to think it is a lost cause to engage you in further discussion. You are in way over your head. But think as you wish.
NDE dont mess with Perse man... he has you over a barrel in way over your head, DONT MESS WITH PERSE

So when I'm driving through North Carolina to visit my son at Camp Lejeune this Thanksgiving, will I have to show my junk to someone at the bathroom door at rest stops?

So when I'm driving through North Carolina to visit my son at Camp Lejeune this Thanksgiving, will I have to show my junk to someone at the bathroom door at rest stops?

At certain rest stops, I get the feeling that's been going on for decades.....

Reactions: IRISHJD98
I think that's an overly simplistic and - in the context of who is more patriotic - offensive explanation of liberals and conservatives. If you think liberals aren't patriotic and don't focus on the wonderful parts of the country, then you need to meet more liberals.

A view of the country is incomplete without taking into account both positives and negatives and without realizing that (1) while a flawed country, we are also a wonderful country, and (2) on the flip side, while a wonderful country, we are also a flawed country.

We live in an imperfect world, and our country's no different - it's not perfect. However, I stand by my opinion that it's the greatest country in the world. Our constitution has stood the test of time for over 200 years, and it's been the model for many other constitutions around the world. The Founding Fathers made quite an achievement in creating it, even if it took some decades before everyone (and not just white males) had the rights enumerated in it.

don't be silly, they will use scanners or dog sniffers and they will want you to name 3 Barbara Striesand songs.

Yeah it takes a lot to get it, like not being a cry baby, using spell check when its really easy to do, and being cool with @Bodizephax... but then again the soothsayer you are... I just hope you keep looking at wikipedia before you drop these knowledge bombs on us.

Oh come on. The claim that everything was great until 50 years ago and that we have "lost our moral compass" is absurd. It's ridiculous. If you don't like my opinions, feel free not to read them or to respond to them.

And, of course, you once again resort to hyperbole, suggesting that George Washington's name be taken off all schools. As stated before, positing outlandish and outrageous claims as possible future events does not support your argument.

You are one intolerant and angry person. Fun times at one of your tailgates. We could have had a good conversation but you went Nick Saban on me at the very start and kind of took your message with it. Instead of hearing your words, I see veins popping up all over you red forehead. I'll keep the lines of communication open with you in the hopes that you can settle down, relax, and have a conversation with a fellow Irish fan without showing immediate disdain. As far as I'm concerned, we're cool.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Things certainly weren't perfect back in the days of slavery and state-enforced discrimination, but we were at least heading in the right direction as a society. Eventually those evil things were eradicated. Progress takes time.

And yet still not eradicated.

Reactions: NDSMC78
North Carolina legislators made a CHOICE to enact a law that the NCAA found offensive. NCAA then made a CHOICE not to do business in North Carolina. Simple as that. I'm sure there are many conservative groups who would never do business in San Francisco.

It always amazes me that people who claim to support freedom (conservative and liberal alike) are so quick to limits someone else's freedom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT