ADVERTISEMENT

NC State vs ND Rivals recruiting rankings: How are they favored?

cgvr

I've posted how many times?
Jun 25, 2010
Rivals recruiting rankings ND ’10-‘16
2010 14
2011 10
2012 20
2013 3
2014 11
2015 11
2016 13

Rivals recruiting rankings NC State ’10-‘16
2010 35
2011 96
2012 57
2013 46
2014 30
2015 36
2016 44

PS NC State has gone 7-6, 3-9, 8-5 and 7-6 in the last 4 years…. At least we have a projected NFL first rounder at QB.

People are stupid and overreact? Plus they have likely watched our defense play. I agree though they likely forgot to take into account Kizer and ESB.

If you buy 93% ground beef it does not guarantee your burger will taste great. The cook might screw it up?

Reactions: cgvr
I wonder if the point spread is because of coaching . Remember when Weis and Willingham and Faust were at ND ,

Also Kelly is a good coach , but he has shown to have certain lapses with the play calling over the years particularly in the red zone .

The one thing that stands out from this post is where are the players from the 2013 #3 recruiting class? These players should be juniors or seniors right now if my math is correct. I monitor recruiting of ND players but don't follow it that closely. Where are the players from that class?

Looked it up and answered my own question. I'm looking at what type of impact these players in what would be their senior years have on this team this year.

Jaylon-NFL Dude was a beast at ND- NO IMPACT
Max- kicked off team made more negative impacts than positive for ND- NO IMPACT
Bryant- So sad what happened to this kid. Always wanted to see his full potential shine. Thought he could have been a great punt/kick returner in the NFL- NO IMPACT
Bivin- Back up- NO IMPACT
Folston- Seems as though the knee injury got the best of him. MINIMAL IMPACT
Elmer- Not on roster believe he left football. NO IMPACT
Rochell- Starting DE- Best D-lineman they have but doesn't stand out at all on a bad defense. MODERATE IMPACT
Montelius- Buried on the depth chart- NO IMPACT
Luke- Best CB on roster but isn't having a good year so far- MODERATE IMPACT
McGlinchey- Best OL they have but the O-line is under performing in the run game- MAJOR IMPACT
Zaire- Back up QB- NO IMPACT
McGovern- Solid starter on an under performing o-line-MODERATE IMPACT
Hunter- Solid WR in the best position group on the team- MAJOR IMPACT
Randolph- Injuries- NO IMPACT
Smythe- Where has TE U been?- MINOR IMPACT
Heurman- Injuries- NO IMPACT
Fuller- NFL- NO IMPACT
Onawalu- Overrated in my estimation. Seems to not be able to fight off blocks and make plays consistently.- MODERATE IMPACT
Butler- Suspended- NO IMPACT
Kinlaw- Haven't seen this kid play at all- NO IMPACT
Robinson- Injuries- NO IMPACT
Deeb- Injuries- NO IMPACT
Bongiovi- No idea who this is- NO IMPACT

So out of 23 recruits in the #3 ranked recruiting class of 2013 15 of those players have zero impact on this team right now. This is the senior class right now and if my numbers are accurate only 8 of those players have any sort of impact on this team. That is bad!!!

Rivals recruiting rankings ND ’10-‘16
2010 14
2011 10
2012 20
2013 3
2014 11
2015 11
2016 13

Rivals recruiting rankings NC State ’10-‘16
2010 35
2011 96
2012 57
2013 46
2014 30
2015 36
2016 44

PS NC State has gone 7-6, 3-9, 8-5 and 7-6 in the last 4 years…. At least we have a projected NFL first rounder at QB.

You really teed Kelly up if they lose. All this so called talent...where is it?

Looked it up and answered my own question. I'm looking at what type of impact these players in what would be their senior years have on this team this year.

Jaylon-NFL Dude was a beast at ND- NO IMPACT
Max- kicked off team made more negative impacts than positive for ND- NO IMPACT
Bryant- So sad what happened to this kid. Always wanted to see his full potential shine. Thought he could have been a great punt/kick returner in the NFL- NO IMPACT
Bivin- Back up- NO IMPACT
Folston- Seems as though the knee injury got the best of him. MINIMAL IMPACT
Elmer- Not on roster believe he left football. NO IMPACT
Rochell- Starting DE- Best D-lineman they have but doesn't stand out at all on a bad defense. MODERATE IMPACT
Montelius- Buried on the depth chart- NO IMPACT
Luke- Best CB on roster but isn't having a good year so far- MODERATE IMPACT
McGlinchey- Best OL they have but the O-line is under performing in the run game- MAJOR IMPACT
Zaire- Back up QB- NO IMPACT
McGovern- Solid starter on an under performing o-line-MODERATE IMPACT
Hunter- Solid WR in the best position group on the team- MAJOR IMPACT
Randolph- Injuries- NO IMPACT
Smythe- Where has TE U been?- MINOR IMPACT
Heurman- Injuries- NO IMPACT
Fuller- NFL- NO IMPACT
Onawalu- Overrated in my estimation. Seems to not be able to fight off blocks and make plays consistently.- MODERATE IMPACT
Butler- Suspended- NO IMPACT
Kinlaw- Haven't seen this kid play at all- NO IMPACT
Robinson- Injuries- NO IMPACT
Deeb- Injuries- NO IMPACT
Bongiovi- No idea who this is- NO IMPACT

So out of 23 recruits in the #3 ranked recruiting class of 2013 15 of those players have zero impact on this team right now. This is the senior class right now and if my numbers are accurate only 8 of those players have any sort of impact on this team. That is bad!!!

If this demonstrates anything, it is the evaluation methodology of many of these players at the HS level needs to be reexamined. Or much better coaching...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT