ADVERTISEMENT

my opinion that's not worth much.

dagimpper1

ND Expert
Nov 25, 2009
I can't say ND belongs in the play off. But what i think is ND will never get a fair shot. But, that's just an opinion. What i do know and maybe this has been beaten to death is. All the talking heads talk about ND'pour showing the last 2 weeks. I' ll give the BC game but, how is the WF game a bad showing. ND beat WF 28-7 a 21 point diff.. Clemsen beat WF 33-13 now i am not good at math but i think that's a 20 point diff. . Throw in ND'S Texas score vs Oklahomas vs Texas and i'm back to ND being held to different standard. But, i guess i am not as edumacated as those big shots on the committee. Plus if ND beats Stanford they will have possibly beaten 4 conferance division champs. I did say to friends and family before last years first play off that the system is full of politics and b#$÷€£t. I'd be in favor of a 10 team play off. Take the top 10 a.p. teams give 1-6 byes and have 7vs10 and 8vs9 as play in games.Take the system out of the hands of a few individules.

The bizarre thing to me is why the media has this sudden love affair with Oklahoma.

You can't have it both ways. Early on the Big 12 was the red headed step child. Now suddenly Oklahoma is this sterling team who didn't really get blown out by a bad Texas team apparently.
Or better yet.....the committee gives Baylor and tcu no credit but Oklahoma beating them now apparently they were huge tough amazing wins.

Sadly we now need to be Oklahoma state fans and that is wrong.
I concede Iowa being up there. They haven't lost. But the Oklahoma and Michigan State is wrong. Ohio State was highly overrated.

The present system is well represented by the Conferences. Face it, Conference members are always going to have an advantage in this system.

Forget the polls. The only one that counts is the one following the Conference Championships.

Lets see what happens if ND manages to impress vs. Stanford - its too early to tell if this was a "bait and switch" for ratings.

The present system is well represented by the Conferences. Face it, Conference members are always going to have an advantage in this system.

Forget the polls. The only one that counts is the one following the Conference Championships.
Actually the Pac-12 has no representative and ND has an alumni (Condi Rice) on the committee. The problem is it is all subjective. Teams love the committee when they are in the top four, but think they are idiots when they fall out.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
Actually the Pac-12 has no representative and ND has an alumni (Condi Rice) on the committee. The problem is it is all subjective. Teams love the committee when they are in the top four, but think they are idiots when they fall out.
Maybe it's me. But, i've never heard Condi Rice claim to be an ND fan. I've only seen her in Stanford gear. Maybe she is and i just never heard her say it.

Maybe it's me. But, i've never heard Condi Rice claim to be an ND fan. I've only seen her in Stanford gear. Maybe she is and i just never heard her say it.

Condi was at an Irish game a couple of years back, hanging around the north end zone during pre-game. I know because I saw her. Now, what my memory blanks out is if it was the Stanford game. Could have been.

Condi was at an Irish game a couple of years back, hanging around the north end zone during pre-game. I know because I saw her. Now, what my memory blanks out is if it was the Stanford game. Could have been.
She spoke at my sister's ND commencement several year back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT