ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Tirico to call ND's first 3 home games.

Is there not an ND alum who could do that job - Aaron Taylor, Theisman, Brady Quinn, Darius Walker?

That's cool. Apparently the NFL blocked Tirico from doing NFL Thursday night games, so we get him instead for 3 games. As far as Flutie, agreed that he's not that great an analyst.

Why did the NFL block Tirico from doing Thursday night games? Wasn't that the big reason he left ESPN?

Why did the NFL block Tirico from doing Thursday night games? Wasn't that the big reason he left ESPN?

The NFL says that they agreed in the contract to the Sunday night team doing Thursday night as well. So that means Al Michaels has to do it.

Don't worry. By the middle of the second quarter of the Nevada game, fans will be complaining about Tirico. BTW: I heard Theisman doing the color on a pre-season Redskins game. That's where he ended up?

I usually watch the game on mute, maybe I'll turn the sound on now? I liked Mayock early on when he talked football objectively. It seemed to change later on.

I think Tirico is a square.... never understood why everyone liked him. Maybe that is why is considered good, because he is right down the middle never saying anything to upset anyone (i am sure he will find a way during ND games).

Don't worry. By the middle of the second quarter of the Nevada game, fans will be complaining about Tirico. BTW: I heard Theisman doing the color on a pre-season Redskins game. That's where he ended up?
I heard Joe Theisman doing the Washington/Tampa Bay game last night. Wish he would do ND games. Always liked him doing games on ESPN.

I heard Joe Theisman doing the Washington/Tampa Bay game last night. Wish he would do ND games. Always liked him doing games on ESPN.

After 25+ years, NBC has still never had a Domer doing our games. But they've had a USC guy and 2 BC guys. Clearly they're trying to maintain objectivity by not hiring a Domer. However, Dan Hicks is married to one, so he's about the closest we've gotten. And he seems to be fairly positive towards us in the broadcasts, at least.

Why is it so important for NBC to hire a Domer? Our radio guy is a Domer and half the time I would have no idea what is going on if I wasn't at the game myself seeing the action with my own two eyes. The radio analyst is one of the Irish greats and he has no problem calling out the Irish for poor play. What exactly is a Domer going to do that a non Domer can't? I would have loved to hear Curt Gowdy, Chris Schenkel, Pat Summerall, Ray Scott, Ron Franklin, Al Michaels, and John Madden doing ND games. None of them are Domers. I guess I have a different take on announcers. If Irish win, announcers sound great. If Irish lose, they bug me.

Reactions: South Bender
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT