ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Elko Has His Work Cut Out For Him

I have doubt Tillery wants to chance another year. He will probably ask for a draft evaluation.
1st or 2nd round he might opt to go. His grade may be higher simply off physical stature and potential.
As of now, my thought as best guess is early 3rd Rd.
i'd be stunned if he left unless he graduates early.

A big moment for Drue will be the combine assuming he gets an invite (can't imagine he wouldn't). When the doctors pull, prod, poke, and scan he knees (and every other joint for that matter), if he passes with flying colors then I agree, he could be a much higher pick than advertised.
it will be interesting to see how it plays out. classic tweener. not sure he can run with nfl tight ends or backs. curious to see what he runs at the combine if invited. would be a real baller on special teams though. that may be his niche.

Reactions: Pennick4
i'd be stunned if he left unless he graduates early.

I know education is important to him. He clearly is not a finished product but the measurables are outstanding. His grade will be in large part based on possibilities, the same ones discussed when he arrived at ND. His frame and athleticism seems suited to DE, I wonder if he will project that way.

I know education is important to him. He clearly is not a finished product but the measurables are outstanding. His grade will be in large part based on possibilities, the same ones discussed when he arrived at ND. His frame and athleticism seems suited to DE, I wonder if he will project that way.
i'm all for kids getting paid as soon as they can. not sure if he fits that profile though. a very diverse young man.

i'm all for kids getting paid as soon as they can. not sure if he fits that profile though. a very diverse young man.
And those diverse guys with multiple interests worry NFL gms. See big Louie as an example.

I have doubt Tillery wants to chance another year. He will probably ask for a draft evaluation.
1st or 2nd round he might opt to go. His grade may be higher simply off physical stature and potential.
As of now, my thought as best guess is early 3rd Rd.
Don't feel he really ever wanted to play football. Used it for the gain it provided (not necessarily a bad thing). This unfortunately is one of the negative things about the "40 year decision". Strictly from a physical/football standpoint pure football schools have an advantage.

Reactions: justified1
ADVERTISEMENT