ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan’s Class...

NDAFArly

I've posted how many times?
May 25, 2016
For those of you who converse with the few Michigan posters, they aren’t in a very good mood today...

They got ZERO of their targets today.

Their only big verbal (Otis) flipped to UGA today.

They have ZERO top 100 kid signed.

The analyst who covers Michigan (not sure if Regional or National) said they are in pissed/panic mode today.

Carry on...

Reactions: IRISHJD98
Was gonna post this... and was wondering about Stanford and their class too. Anyone know the story on Stanford? 14 kids, 2 are qbs, 1 olineman, and only four 4* according to rivals (77th class overall... that can’t be right?).

The one Stanford QB is going on a mission and will be back in two years (that always works well). They did beat ND out for Booker, but overall it was a small class and not very good after cleaning up last year on the OL.

Love the Michigan stats - for all the press ESPN gives Harbaugh I sonde what they will say about this class?

Was gonna post this... and was wondering about Stanford and their class too. Anyone know the story on Stanford? 14 kids, 2 are qbs, 1 olineman, and only four 4* according to rivals (77th class overall... that can’t be right?).

five 4* of which 2 are QB's. They did get booker. Very good SDE. Other than that average to below class. as I said before Stanford and their coaches do not recruit

But but Harbough is a great coach. He's a great recruiter....

Most over rated college football coach in America.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
This tweet just went out, classic:

Michigan's official visitors for the OSU game this year.
They whiffed on all of them.

Nicholas Petit Frere
Eyabi Anoma
Jamarr Chase
Jayson Oweh
Tal Hufanga
Tommy Tremble
Tyler Friday

Reactions: IRISHJD98
For those of you who converse with the few Michigan posters, they aren’t in a very good mood today...

They got ZERO of their targets today.

Their only big verbal (Otis) flipped to UGA today.

They have ZERO top 100 kid signed.

The analyst who covers Michigan (not sure if Regional or National) said they are in pissed/panic mode today.

Carry on...
Never use the words Michigan and class in the same sentence . They do not belong together. :D:D

Stanford didn't have many scholarships to give out because they have so many 5th year seniors coming back. They had a class rated this low after the 2012 season also. That's one school that doesn't have many transfers or academic casualties, so they hardly ever have classes of more than 20. Their star average is pretty good though

Stanford didn't have many scholarships to give out because they have so many 5th year seniors coming back. They had a class rated this low after the 2012 season also. That's one school that doesn't have many transfers or academic casualties, so they hardly ever have classes of more than 20. Their star average is pretty good though
I took most of this at face value and still do... but I did go back and look, they only signed 14 last year too. I’m sure they have less attrition and I also know they had a lot of 5th yr SRs, but something seems off here. Avg star rating is high 3 with a national rating of 77. That’s out of character even for Stanford. I think? Seems strange.

I took most of this at face value and still do... but I did go back and look, they only signed 14 last year too. I’m sure they have less attrition and I also know they had a lot of 5th yr SRs, but something seems off here. Avg star rating is high 3 with a national rating of 77. That’s out of character even for Stanford. I think? Seems strange.

The back to back 14 recruit classes could hurt down the line. They took two QB's this year after signing the top QB in the country last year. Seem kinda light on underclass WR's (Only one this year).

And they've had at least one guy from last year's class, a RB, transfer out.

Last edited:
Harbaugh may be looking to bolt in a few years, behind Ohio State ,Penn state , don't see them recruiting any better .Seems like SEC ,Alabama, Georgia ,Auburn againmake big scores in recruiting . 2019 Penn State and Ohio State !Oklahoma, Texas ,Clemson .next year same story

Early recruiting is going to be another struggle since many of the top players in 2019 don't have ND near the the top of their lists

i was just on one of the Michigan boards and several of the wolverine fans on that site can't believe that a recruit would basically choose to be in a city like south bend over ann arbor

i was just on one of the Michigan boards and several of the wolverine fans on that site can't believe that a recruit would basically choose to be in a city like south bend over ann arbor
I guess those are Meatchicken fans that have never been out of state. Not that South Bend is a great city, but not any better/worse than Ann Arbor.

ND went 7-2 agsinst UM for recruits who had both in their top 3. That doesn’t count Allen, HG etc... who UM came hard at but they didn’t have in top 3.

ND went 7-2 agsinst UM for recruits who had both in their top 3. That doesn’t count Allen, HG etc... who UM came hard at but they didn’t have in top 3.
They did have a down year, and trust me I'm not meatchicken fan but next years team we will be facing a lot of talent. 5 stars last three years UM 6 ND ZIP

Reactions: SF Irish
They did have a down year, and trust me I'm not meatchicken fan but next years team we will be facing a lot of talent. 5 stars last three years UM 6 ND ZIP

Those same guys just went 8-5 with all those 5 Stars. And D Hayes was a Rivals 5 Star.

The USC Juniors this past season were ranked the #1 class in the country coming out, loaded with 5 Stars. ND beat them by 5 TD’s.

I guess those are Meatchicken fans that have never been out of state. Not that South Bend is a great city, but not any better/worse than Ann Arbor.
I've never been to Ann Arbor, but I've been to South Bend. It is Las Vegas compared to Tuscaloosa AL, Athens GA, Oxford Ms, Starkville MS, Fayetteville AR. It's at least on par with Baton Rouge LA. Whereas S. Bend is much colder during the winter, those places are hotter than he!! in the summer months with killer humidity.

I've never been to Ann Arbor, but I've been to South Bend. It is Las Vegas compared to Tuscaloosa AL, Athens GA, Oxford Ms, Starkville MS, Fayetteville AR. It's at least on par with Baton Rouge LA. Whereas S. Bend is much colder during the winter, those places are hotter than he!! in the summer months with killer humidity.
It's not really that much different from South Bend. But ND's campus is way nicer. UM is more spread out. But weather is a factor getting recruits, especially when you're talking southern/cali kids.

Ann Arbor is a way nicer college town than South Bend is. That's reality. But the college town is only one part of a kid's decision.
I don't know, I've been to Ann Arbor a couple of times. They are about the same size, sure more students but it's really not a huge difference that I saw anyway.

Those same guys just went 8-5 with all those 5 Stars. And D Hayes was a Rivals 5 Star.

The USC Juniors this past season were ranked the #1 class in the country coming out, loaded with 5 Stars. ND beat them by 5 TD’s.
You're right, I stand corrected on Hayes. Michigan will be tough even at home. I guess it will depend on our QB play.

I don't know, I've been to Ann Arbor a couple of times. They are about the same size, sure more students but it's really not a huge difference that I saw anyway.
Ann Arbor is a college town, South Bend is a city that has a college in it.

Spend one weekend in Athens, GA and you will see why they recruit so well. Prototype American college town, great bars and restaurants, great music scene, always something going on. Lots of smoking hot coeds, and a high growth metro area of 6.5 million people an hour away.

Reactions: SF Irish
I agree about Atlanta but the GA campus is all over the place in Athens which is a small town. Atlanta is big but so is Chicago.

Ann Arbor is a college town, South Bend is a city that has a college in it.

Spend one weekend in Athens, GA and you will see why they recruit so well. Prototype American college town, great bars and restaurants, great music scene, always something going on. Lots of smoking hot coeds, and a high growth metro area of 6.5 million people an hour away.
So then what's Michigan's excuse for not recruiting better? Also, Georgia didn't recruit that great before this year. Elite players want to go where they will be best prepared for the NFL for the most part. Sure there are a handful that a degree is important too, but the majority want the easiest academic route so they can focus on their football skills. Ohio State, Alabama steer their athlete's to very easy courses (i.e. Sports entertainment). It's not the town that lures these athletes, at least for the majority, it's the coaches and where they think they can have the best shot of winning, and getting to the show.

Reactions: South Bender
So then what's Michigan's excuse for not recruiting better? Also, Georgia didn't recruit that great before this year. Elite players want to go where they will be best prepared for the NFL for the most part. Sure there are a handful that a degree is important too, but the majority want the easiest academic route so they can focus on their football skills. Ohio State, Alabama steer their athlete's to very easy courses (i.e. Sports entertainment). It's not the town that lures these athletes, at least for the majority, it's the coaches and where they think they can have the best shot of winning, and getting to the show.
Georgia has had many highly rated classes over the past 20 years. It just didn’t translate to the field, as far as championships go.

Everything will be settled on September 1 .... the loser will be exposed.

So if one team wins & goes 1-11 & the loser goes 11-1 things are settled?

Harbaugh gets paid over $10 million a year & hasn’t even won his division. He is falling further & further behind OSU & PSU. He also has a losing record against MSU (1-5 vs rivals). He finished 4th in his division & 6th in the Big 10. That was in his 3rd year with his players.
The only thing that could save Harbaugh next year (from going 0-3 agsinst rivals) is Shea Patterson is eligible. Funny he needs a transfer because he can’t recuit the QB position?

whats-michigans-rank-in-the-b1g-six-teams-ahead-of-us-jimmy.jpg

This tweet just went out, classic:

Michigan's official visitors for the OSU game this year.
They whiffed on all of them.

Nicholas Petit Frere
Eyabi Anoma
Jamarr Chase
Jayson Oweh
Tal Hufanga
Tommy Tremble
Tyler Friday
He needs to do more sleepovers.

I do love the Harbaugh / Michigan obsession on this board. Never ever fails.

So, yes, in response to the OP, I think most UM fans are disappointed in the way this recruiting class finished. Harbaugh had his sights set very high on NPF, Tyler Friday and Otis Reese. All were prime targets and UM missed out on all 3. It's not hard to understand why any kid would choose OSU over just about everyone else as NPF did. It's also not hard to understand why a kid from Georgia would flip to his home state school after the kind of year UGA just had relative to the way UM performed. Imo Tyler Friday and Reese were the biggest losses because they were both considered UM's to lose. The rest of the guys on the OSU visitors list were not terribly important to this class.

But before you get too carried away, I'd remind you of a few things. Harbaugh was hired on Dec 30, 2014. He has really only had 3 full recruiting seasons. Using Rivals rankings he has reeled in the #4 class in 2016, the #4 class in 2017 and the #25 class in 2018. Don't forget though that UM's 2018 is relatively small - only 19 recruits. The 2018 class rankings also do not include Utah DB grad transfer Casey Hughes and Ole Miss transfer QB Shea Patterson, both of whom are expected to be eligible immediately. Where do you think UM's class would rank if Shea was included? UM is also in hot pursuit of Calvin Andersan another OL grad transfer.

So things aren't quite as dire as you Domers would like to believe. Harbaugh doesn't have any 4 Win seasons on his resume (or anything close) and he's out-recruited KeLLLLy 2 of his 3 recruiting seasons while in Ann Arbor.

Don't get too giddy just yet. We'll see you boys and girls in early September. And if you're still talking on Sunday Sept 2nd, I'll be the first to give you props - but my guess is I'll be reading about how Kelly needs to be replaced.

Have you been to Ann Arbor? I mean I hate Michigan that is a true college town.

So, yes, in response to the OP, I think most UM fans are disappointed in the way this recruiting class finished. Harbaugh had his sights set very high on NPF, Tyler Friday and Otis Reese. All were prime targets and UM missed out on all 3. It's not hard to understand why any kid would choose OSU over just about everyone else as NPF did. It's also not hard to understand why a kid from Georgia would flip to his home state school after the kind of year UGA just had relative to the way UM performed. Imo Tyler Friday and Reese were the biggest losses because they were both considered UM's to lose. The rest of the guys on the OSU visitors list were not terribly important to this class.

But before you get too carried away, I'd remind you of a few things. Harbaugh was hired on Dec 30, 2014. He has really only had 3 full recruiting seasons. Using Rivals rankings he has reeled in the #4 class in 2016, the #4 class in 2017 and the #25 class in 2018. Don't forget though that UM's 2018 is relatively small - only 19 recruits. The 2018 class rankings also do not include Utah DB grad transfer Casey Hughes and Ole Miss transfer QB Shea Patterson, both of whom are expected to be eligible immediately. Where do you think UM's class would rank if Shea was included? UM is also in hot pursuit of Calvin Andersan another OL grad transfer.

So things aren't quite as dire as you Domers would like to believe. Harbaugh doesn't have any 4 Win seasons on his resume (or anything close) and he's out-recruited KeLLLLy 2 of his 3 recruiting seasons while in Ann Arbor.

Don't get too giddy just yet. We'll see you boys and girls in early September. And if you're still talking on Sunday Sept 2nd, I'll be the first to give you props - but my guess is I'll be reading about how Kelly needs to be replaced.

My guess is Irish roll.

Three things:

You come to an Irish board, so who is obsessed? Many of us wouldn’t talk UM if not for you & Ivan.

Second, have you ever looked at a UM board? They live & die with what ND & OSU are doing.

Third, all the Harbaugh talk was brought on by himself & UM fans. He himself said he wants all the attention. He himself said if he doesn’t perform he should be criticized. He is the one making $10 million a year to fail, while doing sleepovers, trips to Europe & rap videos. UM fans called him the messiah & predicted multiple titles.

Harbaugh & UM brought this attention upon themselves. Stop deflecting.

Reactions: Pennick4

Do you remember the posters on here when Harbaugh, the savior, was hired, telling us about Michigan's future years of dominance in both recruiting, and on the field?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT