ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan’s Class...

Three things:

You come to an Irish board, so who is obsessed? Many of us wouldn’t talk UM if not for you & Ivan.

Second, have you ever looked at a UM board? They live & die with what ND & OSU are doing.

Third, all the Harbaugh talk was brought on by himself & UM fans. He himself said he wants all the attention. He himself said if he doesn’t perform he should be criticized. He is the one making $10 million a year to fail, while doing sleepovers, trips to Europe & rap videos. UM fans called him the messiah & predicted multiple titles.

Harbaugh & UM brought this attention upon themselves. Stop deflecting.

Lol. I have a sister at St. Mary's so I very occasionally drop in here. Nothing more. When there's an asinine post related to UM, I often set the record straight - just as I did here. By Rivals' own rankings, Harbaugh out-recruited Kellllly in 2016 (4 vs. 13) and 2017 (4 vs. 13 again) and fell short in 2018 (25 vs. 11) with a considerably smaller class (19 vs. 27).

Where did Harbaugh say he "wants all the attention"? Please provide link.

I just checked UM Rivals board and the popular mgoblog. Not a single post about BK or ND. Not one.

Whatever Harbaugh makes in salary is of really no concern so long as the Ath Dept revenues are growing at a rate which is disproportionately higher - which they are.

Why is it wrong for a coach at an institution of higher learning to provide a means for his student-athletes to see the world? Last year Italy and the Pope, this year Paris and the beaches of Normandy. How in the world does anyone have a problem with that? Many of these kids would never have the opportunity to travel abroad.

Everything I posted above is based in fact. Much of what you posted in response is either flat untrue, intentionally misguided, or just ignorant.

No. Please link.

Everyone thought Harbaugh was the answer. Most ND fans were even convinced he would be Michigan’s next big thing. Everyone was talking about the UM/OSU rivalry being back on. But then Jim went all nutty. He started doing things he could never have done at Stanford or the NFL.
Then he becomes the highest paid coach in college until last year (now third) & can’t beat his rivals & finishes 4th in his division.

What do you expect us to do? We are being way nicer than UM fans were about Weis.

I do love the Harbaugh / Michigan obsession on this board. Never ever fails.

So, yes, in response to the OP, I think most UM fans are disappointed in the way this recruiting class finished. Harbaugh had his sights set very high on NPF, Tyler Friday and Otis Reese. All were prime targets and UM missed out on all 3. It's not hard to understand why any kid would choose OSU over just about everyone else as NPF did. It's also not hard to understand why a kid from Georgia would flip to his home state school after the kind of year UGA just had relative to the way UM performed. Imo Tyler Friday and Reese were the biggest losses because they were both considered UM's to lose. The rest of the guys on the OSU visitors list were not terribly important to this class.

But before you get too carried away, I'd remind you of a few things. Harbaugh was hired on Dec 30, 2014. He has really only had 3 full recruiting seasons. Using Rivals rankings he has reeled in the #4 class in 2016, the #4 class in 2017 and the #25 class in 2018. Don't forget though that UM's 2018 is relatively small - only 19 recruits. The 2018 class rankings also do not include Utah DB grad transfer Casey Hughes and Ole Miss transfer QB Shea Patterson, both of whom are expected to be eligible immediately. Where do you think UM's class would rank if Shea was included? UM is also in hot pursuit of Calvin Andersan another OL grad transfer.

So things aren't quite as dire as you Domers would like to believe. Harbaugh doesn't have any 4 Win seasons on his resume (or anything close) and he's out-recruited KeLLLLy 2 of his 3 recruiting seasons while in Ann Arbor.

Don't get too giddy just yet. We'll see you boys and girls in early September. And if you're still talking on Sunday Sept 2nd, I'll be the first to give you props - but my guess is I'll be reading about how Kelly needs to be replaced.

SC took only 18 in this year and was ranked 4th so I am not sure that matters. Not doubt our walk-on coach will misuse these kids but the point is a small call doesn't equal a poor ranking. Also the quality of the kids taken by Michigan was low. The average was only in the 88s compare to will over 90 for teams with good recruiting this year.

Lol. I have a sister at St. Mary's so I very occasionally drop in here. Nothing more. When there's an asinine post related to UM, I often set the record straight - just as I did here. By Rivals' own rankings, Harbaugh out-recruited Kellllly in 2016 (4 vs. 13) and 2017 (4 vs. 13 again) and fell short in 2018 (25 vs. 11) with a considerably smaller class (19 vs. 27).

Where did Harbaugh say he "wants all the attention"? Please provide link.

I just checked UM Rivals board and the popular mgoblog. Not a single post about BK or ND. Not one.

Whatever Harbaugh makes in salary is of really no concern so long as the Ath Dept revenues are growing at a rate which is disproportionately higher - which they are.

Why is it wrong for a coach at an institution of higher learning to provide a means for his student-athletes to see the world? Last year Italy and the Pope, this year Paris and the beaches of Normandy. How in the world does anyone have a problem with that? Many of these kids would never have the opportunity to travel abroad.

Everything I posted above is based in fact. Much of what you posted in response is either flat untrue, intentionally misguided, or just ignorant.

Fact? lol.

Go back & each his press conference when hired. He said he wants Michigan to be discussed by everyone & he is the man to do it. Said he wants the pressure & attention because that means they are elite. If not, he deserves to be criticized.

And you should subscribe to UM sites. They post on ours & share stuff & it’s pretty much the same, them bashing ND & vice versa.

I like how you always say what you post is fact, everyone else is untrue. The say post a link. Why don’t you post links?
I need to see your sister’s info from St. Mary’s or get out?

You NEVER bring substance or educated opinions. I flat out told you what was happening with Tremble (I was DM with someone talking to him) & you said I was wrong then too, & you were speaking facts...
LAUGH OUT EFFING LOUD!!!!
How did that go?

Every time you have inside info it’s wrong. I flat out tell you the real facts & you argue then disappear when you are wrong.

So stop calling others ignorant & wrong, when you have never been right.

Want me to give you the UM Rivals’ insider info so you can talk to him to get your crap correct now on?

SC took only 18 in this year and was ranked 4th so I am not sure that matters. Not doubt our walk-on coach will misuse these kids but the point is a small call doesn't equal a poor ranking. Also the quality of the kids taken by Michigan was low. The average was only in the 88s compare to will over 90 for teams with good recruiting this year.

Correct.
And even their recruiting reporter admitted Michigan “settled for a bunch of plan B guys.”

That’s not good.

Oh man. Get the popcorn Beach just put the hammer down.

I would have no earthly idea how to find posts from four years ago. I do well to find this site on a daily basis.
They all predicted 28-11 with a combined record of 1-5 against MSU and OSU and a 1-7 record against Top 10 teams.

Correct.
And even their recruiting reporter admitted Michigan “settled for a bunch of plan B guys.”

That’s not good.

Clearly something was amiss at UM this recruiting year. Therewere ireports that Harbaugh was more concerned about staff building than concerned about recruiting. True? A guess. But there was definately something missing in the usual Harbaugh enthusiasm for recruiting.

Harbaughs inability to beat tOSU (Meyer) puts him in company of more than a few coaches.

Fact? lol.

Go back & each his press conference when hired. He said he wants Michigan to be discussed by everyone & he is the man to do it. Said he wants the pressure & attention because that means they are elite. If not, he deserves to be criticized.

And you should subscribe to UM sites. They post on ours & share stuff & it’s pretty much the same, them bashing ND & vice versa.

I like how you always say what you post is fact, everyone else is untrue. The say post a link. Why don’t you post links?
I need to see your sister’s info from St. Mary’s or get out?

You NEVER bring substance or educated opinions. I flat out told you what was happening with Tremble (I was DM with someone talking to him) & you said I was wrong then too, & you were speaking facts...
LAUGH OUT EFFING LOUD!!!!
How did that go?

Every time you have inside info it’s wrong. I flat out tell you the real facts & you argue then disappear when you are wrong.

So stop calling others ignorant & wrong, when you have never been right.

Want me to give you the UM Rivals’ insider info so you can talk to him to get your crap correct now on?

Am I arguing with a 5th grader? Seriously. Can anyone on this board give some insight as to the identity of the erudite "NDAFARly"?

1. show me one single presser where Harbaugh ever said he "wants Michigan to be discussed by everyone" and that "he is the man to do it." I'm begging you just one. I know you won't because it's never occurred.

2. go back and read my two prior posts in this thread, if you can show me one instance where I haven't stated a fact, please feel free to point it out.

3. you "flat out told me what was happening with Tremble"? OK. lol. Tremble picked ND. Big deal.

4. I don't think I've ever claimed to have any personal inside info. If I have, it should be really easy for you to copy and paste and post it here.

5. I "disappear." What? I already said I'm an occasional poster on this board. I spend very little time here so it would stand to reason that I "disappear." Is that concept too difficult for you to grasp or should I type slower? Odd how you complain that a UM fan posts on an ND board (it's the internet btw, open to everyone) and in the next breath attack me for disappearing. I'm guessing you're not a member of the John J. Young Middle School debate team.

Ok. Enough nonsense. Done going back and forth with you. Plus, I'm sure it's time for Mom to bring you more meatloaf. The IGNORE button never felt better. Buh bye.

I think we can safely say "the bloom/booger is off the rose/finger" for coach Harbaugh!

Reactions: mirer03
Am I arguing with a 5th grader? Seriously. Can anyone on this board give some insight as to the identity of the erudite "NDAFARly"?

1. show me one single presser where Harbaugh ever said he "wants Michigan to be discussed by everyone" and that "he is the man to do it." I'm begging you just one. I know you won't because it's never occurred.

2. go back and read my two prior posts in this thread, if you can show me one instance where I haven't stated a fact, please feel free to point it out.

3. you "flat out told me what was happening with Tremble"? OK. lol. Tremble picked ND. Big deal.

4. I don't think I've ever claimed to have any personal inside info. If I have, it should be really easy for you to copy and paste and post it here.

5. I "disappear." What? I already said I'm an occasional poster on this board. I spend very little time here so it would stand to reason that I "disappear." Is that concept too difficult for you to grasp or should I type slower? Odd how you complain that a UM fan posts on an ND board (it's the internet btw, open to everyone) and in the next breath attack me for disappearing. I'm guessing you're not a member of the John J. Young Middle School debate team.

Ok. Enough nonsense. Done going back and forth with you. Plus, I'm sure it's time for Mom to bring you more meatloaf. The IGNORE button never felt better. Buh bye.

Then why are you writing some kind of bullet point memo on an football board?

Really Harbaugh pulled out all the stops to get publicity for Michigan (as well he should) but the wheels are going to fall off if he doesn't win the big game.

For those of you who converse with the few Michigan posters, they aren’t in a very good mood today...

They got ZERO of their targets today.

Their only big verbal (Otis) flipped to UGA today.

They have ZERO top 100 kid signed.

The analyst who covers Michigan (not sure if Regional or National) said they are in pissed/panic mode today.

Carry on...

Boo hoo poor michigan. Although I will say their team still is good and the opening day it should be a tough one. But recruiting like this will affect them with depth and 2-3 years down the line when they have a tough time competing Purdue.

Boo hoo poor michigan. Although I will say their team still is good and the opening day it should be a tough one. But recruiting like this will affect them with depth and 2-3 years down the line when they have a tough time competing Purdue.
Not to mention Harbaugh is the highest paid coach in CFB LOL!!

Reactions: zonairish

So, yes, in response to the OP, I think most UM fans are disappointed in the way this recruiting class finished. Harbaugh had his sights set very high on NPF, Tyler Friday and Otis Reese. All were prime targets and UM missed out on all 3. It's not hard to understand why any kid would choose OSU over just about everyone else as NPF did. It's also not hard to understand why a kid from Georgia would flip to his home state school after the kind of year UGA just had relative to the way UM performed. Imo Tyler Friday and Reese were the biggest losses because they were both considered UM's to lose. The rest of the guys on the OSU visitors list were not terribly important to this class.

But before you get too carried away, I'd remind you of a few things. Harbaugh was hired on Dec 30, 2014. He has really only had 3 full recruiting seasons. Using Rivals rankings he has reeled in the #4 class in 2016, the #4 class in 2017 and the #25 class in 2018. Don't forget though that UM's 2018 is relatively small - only 19 recruits. The 2018 class rankings also do not include Utah DB grad transfer Casey Hughes and Ole Miss transfer QB Shea Patterson, both of whom are expected to be eligible immediately. Where do you think UM's class would rank if Shea was included? UM is also in hot pursuit of Calvin Andersan another OL grad transfer.

So things aren't quite as dire as you Domers would like to believe. Harbaugh doesn't have any 4 Win seasons on his resume (or anything close) and he's out-recruited KeLLLLy 2 of his 3 recruiting seasons while in Ann Arbor.

Don't get too giddy just yet. We'll see you boys and girls in early September. And if you're still talking on Sunday Sept 2nd, I'll be the first to give you props - but my guess is I'll be reading about how Kelly needs to be replaced.
Harbough also has never beat osu. How's the record against MSU? Oh and never won a division in his career much less a conference crown. Keep piling on Kelly. What was the score last time ND Michigan played?. Just checking.

Harbough also has never beat osu. How's the record against MSU? Oh and never won a division in his career much less a conference crown. Keep piling on Kelly. What was the score last time ND Michigan played?. Just checking.
He has won as many National Championships as the legend Bo! Zero!

Harbaugh is a great coach and so is his D coordinator. I would never underestimate him. Our opening game is extremely important against UM next year. I wouldnt antagonize the situation. We have a lot of tough games on our schedule and opening with a loss at home would be devastating. Michigan has talent and some grad transfers. I wouldn't piss anyone off at this point.

I was on the bridge for the first time this past summer. If I lived in that area, I could make some good part time money driving squeamish visitors over the bridge.
I bet you could, although I've never been on it. Believe it or not I've lived in Michigan for six years not and never made it up to the UP or Mackinaw for that matter. The farthest north I made it was Travers City, and I was living in Texas at that time LOL.

Harbaugh is a great coach and so is his D coordinator. I would never underestimate him. Our opening game is extremely important against UM next year. I wouldnt antagonize the situation. We have a lot of tough games on our schedule and opening with a loss at home would be devastating. Michigan has talent and some grad transfers. I wouldn't piss anyone off at this point.
Piss off who? HahahHa
Are you implying a couple nerds talking smack from a laptop might have implications... in any form on the matchup on September 1st??? Jesus dude, saddest post I've ever seen

I take exception to that remark. We aren't "just" goobers, we are high falootin' goobers on a message board!

I mean this in the most professional way we are goobers. Because no way does any coach think what thing we say has any impact on their teteam or players. Now if there is a collective social media statements they may address. However, I hardly think that coach harbarh sp is going to motivate his team on any comment that zonairish makes about them. Or if I do I would have my 15 minutes of fame.

I mean this in the most professional way we are goobers. Because no way does any coach think what thing we say has any impact on their teteam or players. Now if there is a collective social media statements they may address. However, I hardly think that coach harbarh sp is going to motivate his team on any comment that zonairish makes about them. Or if I do I would have my 15 minutes of fame.
Well, I don't know. I've been waiting for Harbaugh to call me and get my thoughts on his ability to coach. He hasn't called yet, but you never know. Come to think of it, BK and Nick Saban haven't called me either. I wonder if they know my number?:confused:

Reactions: zonairish

IF social media affects recruits at all it is probably a volume game on massive sites like Twitter&Facebook.

LMAO, the Michigan troll that creates a login just to troll here calls us obsessed? Sure thing kettle!

Probably a good thing you're putting NDAFarly on ignore. He's pretty much schooling you and mentally beating you like a red headed step child. I think someone put your brain on ignore lol!

what has harbaugh achieved at the collegiate level to be referred to as a
great " coach ?

I like his offensive play calling. In his year 2 he was 1 play away from going to the playoffs. He succeeded at Stanford and he coached the 49ers. I think he is a smart coach but UM had some QB issues this year. Maybe they solve it next year. I would never count out Harbaugh. Its going to be a tough opener. ND has its own issues to solve at QB.

I like his offensive play calling. In his year 2 he was 1 play away from going to the playoffs. He succeeded at Stanford and he coached the 49ers. I think he is a smart coach but UM had some QB issues this year. Maybe they solve it next year. I would never count out Harbaugh. Its going to be a tough opener. ND has its own issues to solve at QB.
Now l get it, you constantly criticize ND but now you're here slobbering all over Harbaugh and UM. Me thinks your a Meatchicken fan!

Agree with the earlier post-----opener is very important.

If Patterson is eligible and I think he will be he makes them much better.

UM has had 2 previous Top 10 recruiting classes------they don't hurt for players.

I expect them to be vastly improved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT