ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Ole Miss

I never said it's awesome or overrated.

I stand by: 11-1 ND gets in. I think it happens.
Well of course 11-1 gets in. The theme of the last couple weeks is top teams being upset, namely in the SEC. And then you do the math, and you can calculate that they won't all go 10-2. Depending on the breaks, they're could be a lot of 9-3 teams, contending teams. And then maybe ND could slip in at 10-2. Of course 11-1 is good enough. USC losing to PSU did not help our cause. Because SOS is going to be huge. And it's going to be for seven spots, so it's going to be crazy all the arguments being made.

Reactions: IrishMike409
That’s not what you said earlier.

You stated Mississippi was eliminated with. a second loss.

SEC teams aren’t eliminated with two losses. The SEC is too strong top to bottom to say that two losses eliminate any SEC team..
Yes I did state they were eliminated. …and I know you don’t have the critical thinking ability to see this, or the awareness to read a few more posts further….as you are a So Cal teacher ..but I explained further in my next response.

Lane needed that win to distance themselves in the second tier of SEC teams that want to be selected. Texas and Bama and UGA are heavy favorites to get in. Tenn/LSU/Ole Miss/AM probably fighting for 1-2 more spots.

And the SEC is not strong top to bottom. Read more than ESPN and MSNBC headlines, you will learn a lot

I never said it's awesome or overrated.

I stand by: 11-1 ND gets in. I think it happens.
That's great. I agree, but then what? Do you believe Riley Leonard and the offense are capable of taking this team deep into the playoffs? The Defense is, but the lack of a vertical passing game will result in an early first round exit.

We need Texas A&M to keep winning, and to beat LSU in a few weeks. That'll help us in the polls. Right now we're getting a little disrespected IMO. We dropped to 12th today in the AP, after winning 49-7.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I'm surprised Ole Miss dropped as far as they did, considering OSU only dropped 2 spots. both lost to closely ranked opponents on the road and in OT.

That's great. I agree, but then what? Do you believe Riley Leonard and the offense are capable of taking this team deep into the playoffs? The Defense is, but the lack of a vertical passing game will result in an early first round exit.
I think if Riley can hit the slants like yesterday and hit 2 deep throws per game, we can win first playoff game.

We need Texas A&M to keep winning, and to beat LSU in a few weeks. That'll help us in the polls. Right now we're getting a little disrespected IMO. We dropped to 12th today in the AP, after winning 49-7.
Saw we went up one in coaches, down one in AP. Didn’t study who jumped us in AP

They don't need to beat LSU. Why would it matter if they beat LSU? Like, if they went 10-2, and were like, SEC champs or runners up that would be good, but they really need to beat LSU in particular. That's the big one as far as ND's playoff hopes go.

Let me ask you this, would rather have A&M go 10-2 and lose to LSU, or 8-4 and they beat LSU. In other words, do you put your BK hate above your concern for ND's fortunes? In any case, that is a little odd, and even disconcerting we actually dropped after beating Stanford, who obviously is not Ole Miss, but they're not that bad, and it was an impressive win. But I guess that's ominous evidence, at what football people think of ND's schedule.

AM is not a top 12 team. 1st year head coach, that team was bound to improve as the season went on. Lets talk about NIU.
They're ranked higher than Ole Miss now who you praised LSU for beating at home. While we won on the road

They're ranked higher than Ole Miss now who you praised LSU for beating at home. While we won on the road
What? I didn't praise LSU for beating ole mis. I pointed out how LSU's QB threw the game tying TD from 20+ yards out and then proceeded to throw the game winning TD, something RL would not be able to do.

What? I didn't praise LSU for beating ole mis. I pointed out how LSU's QB threw the game tying TD from 20+ yards out and then proceeded to throw the game winning TD, something RL would not be able to do.
No you said they were a Varsity offense and Ours is a JV because they beat a top 10 team

Like I said, when they lose they would be ranked below TX am.

So we beat a higher ranked team now. On the road compared to at home. Our offenses put up the same amount of points but our offense has improved a lot since then

RL had the game winning drive and of course you would say he can't throw a 20 yard pass. You're obsessed and you can't stop yourself

I think the O is starting to find some things. We have 2 elite RBs, and an elite running QB. That trio will be damn hard to stop if the OL is healthy and right.

I could see them piling up points and yards in round 1 of the playoffs.

I'm betting that Denbrock is figuring out how to fit this all together.

But the OL, again, has to be healthy and right.

Reactions: Golson5
No you said they were a Varsity offense and Ours is a JV because they beat a top 10 team

Like I said, when they lose they would be ranked below TX am.

So we beat a higher ranked team now. On the road compared to at home. Our offenses put up the same amount of points but our offense has improved a lot since then

RL had the game winning drive and of course you would say he can't throw a 20 yard pass. You're obsessed and you can't stop yourself
Listen- I get the Angeli stuff. I do. The NIU game was a mess. There were moments when I was calling for RL to sit.

But since, the O has found itself. This is a potent group, and I think it's gonna get better and better. It's a bruising physical brand of football, and RL makes it work.

They don't need to beat LSU. Why would it matter if they beat LSU? Like, if they went 10-2, and were like, SEC champs or runners up that would be good, but they really need to beat LSU in particular. That's the big one as far as ND's playoff hopes go.

Let me ask you this, would rather have A&M go 10-2 and lose to LSU, or 8-4 and they beat LSU. In other words, do you put your BK hate above your concern for ND's fortunes? In any case, that is a little odd, and even disconcerting we actually dropped after beating Stanford, who obviously is not Ole Miss, but they're not that bad, and it was an impressive win. But I guess that's ominous evidence, at what football people think of ND's schedule.
I only singled out LSU because they jumped us in today's poll. But I'd like to see A&M win all their games, including that one.

I have my own system which I've developed for my own AMUSEMENT. It's not perfect by any means, but it tracks other power rating and ranking systems closely enough, while also OFTEN pointing out ANOMALIES that forecasters, in particular, completely WHIFF ON. For instance, how relatively well SEC teams, such as Arkansas and Kentucky, have actually performed so far this season, AT LEAST AS PER LAST WEEK.

In short, my power ranking is a NON-PREDICTIVE yet INDICATIVE measure of a team's NET POWER as measured by its net yardage differential + its net points differential and then either multiplied or divided by an outside but repuatable SOS coefficient. If a team is below the SOS mean, I divide the differential sum by the SOS factor, and if it's above the mean, I multiply by it.

This allows me to RANK teams on the basis of how they actually performed as DEMONSTRATED by IN-GAME MEASUREABLES. THERE ARE NO OTHER FACTORS INVOLVED as all that I'm looking at are RESULTS. Everytyhing else is at that point BAKED IN.

I'm also working on an accompanying MEASUREABLE ODDS SYSTEM for use as a PREDICTIVE TOOL, though that is not my own main interest. WHAT INTERESTS ME instead is the development of a SIMILARLY QUANTITATIVE system -- or the employment of an existing one -- to determine PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY. Something beyond an "EYE-TEST" or "GUT FEELING. I'm assuming, of course, that one is not ALREADY IN USE -- which may or may not be the case. Maybe you know.

But here's my point as per your post. Last week, MY system had SIX SEC TEAMS in the top 15 and TEN in the top 25, which is comparable to the EIGHT (though not specified by name) you cited as listed among the top 15 of the scheme you referenced

From a numbers standpoint, whether or not the SEC is "OVERRATED," it's still the most POWERFUL CONFERENCE. At least as of LAST WEEK. And I'd venture to say, that MY OWN NUMBERS WILL BEAR OUT that that is still the case, inclusive of today's games as well.

Last week, I posted my week 5 calculations on the pay board. If I get to it, I'll post my REVISED half-year calculations on this site some time this week.

I'm not talking GOSPEL here. Just another way of looking at WHAT'S HAPPENING.
You need to find a hobby.

You can’t have an effective vertical passing game if you don’t have a solid OL.
That’s where it all begins

Reactions: Telx1
Georgia at Texas next Saturday in the “overrated” SEC.

At Alabama and at Texas for Georgia in one season, and opened with Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT