ADVERTISEMENT

LAX Update

Do you think that women, reading that headline, view the word “bullying” in the same context that you and others view it, as a harmless representation of the game?

If ESPN wrote the article, I guarantee you’d take a different position.

Definitions of bullying

The repetitive, intentional hurting of one person or group by another person or group,
The intent to harm a vulnerable person or group.
Stop being a little baby. We bullied the shit out of them

No it wasn't. You are taking it completely out of context. Don't make it out to be something it is not. It was meant to be used as "dominating" (maybe a better choice of word)
I’m sure that the author knows the difference between the words “bullying” and “dominating”, in fact he uses the word “dominating” in the heart of the article.

What you and others missed are the words that preceded “bullying”

The headline states “ Notre Dame BRINGS BACK BULLYING …………”

That implies dirty play !

Only a moron would deny the generally excepted definition of the word.

Those of you who claim to be sports fans might recall that was the term used to describe the Detroit Pistons, and it was term that was used with a highly negative connotation..

“ Bullying” Look it up

That headline was a cheap shot

Stop being a little baby. We bullied the shit out of them
It’s obvious that you didn’t attend Notre Dame, otherwise you would have known the definition of the word “bullying”

It implies intentional harm !

Have someone who understand the English language explain that to you?

It’s obvious that you didn’t attend Notre Dame, otherwise you would have known the definition of the word “bullying”

It implies intentional harm !

Have someone who understand the English language explain that to you?
We bullied the piss out of them. We emasculated them. We dismantled them. And we buried them

Great job ND Lax.

Great article by that guy. He hit the nail on the head in that article

Reactions: Chitown11
We bullied the piss out of them. We emasculated them. We dismantled them. And we buried them

Great job ND Lax.

Great article by that guy. He hit the nail on the head in that article
The article was a good one.

The headline was terrible and a backhanded complement at best !

you are blind deaf and dumb as usual
You can't read no surprise. The author basically gushed over the Irish. He couldn't say enough good things about the Lax team. It was an awesome article and a true one. We did bully them. We physically beat them up and down the field. He was exactly right. He was more than complimentary.

You PC police are embarrassing

Reactions: mmca and Chitown11
Do you think that women, reading that headline, view the word “bullying” in the same context that you and others view it, as a harmless representation of the game?

If ESPN wrote the article, I guarantee you’d take a different position.

Definitions of bullying

The repetitive, intentional hurting of one person or group by another person or group,
The intent to harm a vulnerable person or group.
The article was complimentary to Notre Dame. Very complimentary.

I’m sure that the author knows the difference between the words “bullying” and “dominating”, in fact he uses the word “dominating” in the heart of the article.

Those of you who claim to be sports fans might recall that was the term used to describe the Detroit Pistons, and it was term that was used with a highly negative connotation..

“ Bullying” Look it up

Based upon the comments in this thread I think you may be the only person here who read the headline as some kind of cheap shot. To bully someone can also mean to use intimidation to get your way. It doesn't automatically connote dirty play.

I may be wrong, but I believe you are a hockey fan. If so, I expect you recall the Philadelphia Flyers were called the "Broad Street Bullies" back in the day, because of their aggressive and physical style of hockey play. I am pretty sure nobody in Philadelphia was insulted by the name. To the contrary, I think they considered it a badge of honor.

And as you probably know, headlines are frequently written by editors, not the author of the piece. So it is highly likely the headline you are complaining about was not the work of the author.

“ Bullying” Look it up

Hardly, now get over it

Based upon the comments in this thread I think you may be the only person here who read the headline as some kind of cheap shot. To bully someone can also mean to use intimidation to get your way. It doesn't automatically connote dirty play.

I may be wrong, but I believe you are a hockey fan. If so, I expect you recall the Philadelphia Flyers were called the "Broad Street Bullies" back in the day, because of their aggressive and physical style of hockey play. I am pretty sure nobody in Philadelphia was insulted by the name. To the contrary, I think they considered it a badge of honor.

And as you probably know, headlines are frequently written by editors, not the author of the piece. So it is highly likely the headline you are complaining about was not the work of the author.
Yes, I remember the Broad Steet bullies and they got that moniker for fighting and beating up opponents in hockey brawls and for setting the record for accumulating the most penalty minutes due to their tactics and enforcers.

Remember the phrase, “ I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out”

Everyone keeps avoiding the words that preceded the word, “bullying”,
The words“ brings back” !

When were we known to previously bully opponents ?

Last year., five years ago, 10 years ago ?

The headline was a cheap shot and whomever wrote that headline is irrelevant, it’s a cheap shot regardless of its author.

How could the article be anything but flattering?
The Lacrosse team only lost one game and that was in overtime
The lacrosse team won a good number of games by double digits, including the championship game.
I think the lacrosse team ranked number one in offense and number one in defense
The lacrosse team repeated winning the national championship

So how could the article be anything but favorable?

You're a child if you think so. Grow up and man up
If I’m a child, I’m a child prodigy !

The headline was definitely a cheap shot,
As I stated previously, if the headline came out of ESPN, there would be almost unanimous agreement that it was a cheap shot.

The body of the article has nothing to do with the headline.

As to growing up and manning up, as the saying goes, you couldn’t hold my jockstrap and you’d have to add about 20+ points in order to come close to my IQ.

Where did we bring back bullying from ?

If I’m a child, I’m a child prodigy !

The headline was definitely a cheap shot,
As I stated previously, if the headline came out of ESPN, there would be almost unanimous agreement that it was a cheap shot.

The body of the article has nothing to do with the headline.

As to growing up and manning up, as the saying goes, you couldn’t hold my jockstrap and you’d have to add about 20+ points in order to come close to my IQ.

Where did we bring back bullying from ?
No it wasn't. It was a huge compliment. Stop being a PC p****

We did bring back bullying. We bullied them up and down the field

Extremely impressive. Stop crying and enjoy the win

It wouldn't be patty if he can't argue or bitch about something. He'd bitch if he got laid by Jennifer Aniston

When did Notre Dame’s lacrosse team previously bully opponents?

It wouldn't be patty if he can't argue or bitch about something. He'd bitch if he got laid by Jennifer Aniston
There’s nothing wrong with arguing and debating different points of view,
Did you happen to look up the definition of bullying, it implies intentional harm.
I don’t think you’ll find me bitching about any subjects

Jennifer Aniston ?
She’s not my type, I tend to prefer a different look, like Heather Graham, Tia Leone and Kim Bassinger, but if you can arrange things with Jennifer, I won’t complain, ……… promise !

• Haha
Reactions: HarlemIrish
There’s nothing wrong with arguing and debating different points of view,
Did you happen to look up the definition of bullying, it implies intentional harm.
I don’t think you’ll find me bitching about any subjects

Jennifer Aniston ?
She’s not my type, I tend to prefer a different look, like Heather Graham, Tia Leone and Kim Bassinger, but if you can arrange things with Jennifer, I won’t complain, ……… promise !
Crybaby

So I guess I’m gonna have to explain it for the morons.

Most on this site are avid Notre Dame fans who have an inherent fondness for Notre Dame

But what about the people who read that headline who aren’t Notre Dame fans?

Those sports fans who are neutral or non-Notre Dame fans and anti-Notre Dame fans

That headline has a negative connotation, it shines to negative light on Notre Dame’s image

Keep in mind that a lot of people JUST read headlines and don’t bother to delve deeper into the article.

That headline just feeds into the negative bias for the anti-Notre Dame fan
That headline presents a negative image for the non-Notre Dame fan along with the neutral Notre Dame fan.

For those three fan categories, the headline puts a blemish on Notre Dame’s image.

It was a cheap shot intended for the broad spectrum of readers, and not just for Notre Dame fans.

Most on this site are avid Notre Dame fans who have an inherent fondness for Notre Dame

Those sports fans who are neutral or non-Notre Dame fans and anti-Notre Dame fans

That headline has a negative connotation, it shines to negative light on Notre Dame’s image

Keep in mind that a lot of people JUST read headlines and don’t bother to delve deeper into the article.

That headline presents a negative image for the non-Notre Dame fan along with the neutral Notre Dame fan.

For those three fan categories, the headline puts a blemish on Notre Dame’s image.

It was a cheap shot intended for the broad spectrum of readers, and not just for Notre Dame fans.
Shut up already. You are the only one who thinks that. Stop your bitching

Moving on, gentlemen....

Hopefully there will be some good news in the next few hours!!

2/5 shot at winning the most coveted individual honor in the land!

Would seem criminal for it not to go to an Irish player!

Give it a break patty. Seems the only moron on this subject is YOU

Give it a break patty. Seems the only moron on this subject is YOU
It would appear that I have a greater interest in protecting the Notre Dame brand, image and reputation.

Maybe that’s a common thread amongst those that are more invested in Notre Dame, such as Notre Dame graduates,

Perhaps that sentiment isn’t felt as stridently amongst non-graduates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT