ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Hamilton

Remember way back when Kyle Hamilton was a 3 Star, actually borderline 2 Star, & I said that was criminal?

Remember when I said he was the best Safety at the Opening Finals & a couple posters called me an idiot & blah, blah, blah?

Remember when I said he should be a 5 Star?

Remember when I said the coaches recruiting him see something the recruiting services haven’t seen yet, & people argued that was foolish?

Well, guess who is now the 22nd ranked player in the country & 2nd ranked Safety in the country on today’s new top 100 on the other site?
That site gives 5 Stars to the top 32 players on NSD, he is 22nd & rising.
He is having an amazing Senior year already.

Congrats Kyle!
But wait a second! ND commits are supposed to drop in the rankings. Surprised to see his rise, but happy for the kid!

Farly,

As long as I can remember (save a couple people who follow Notre Dame recruiting on various forums) that vast majority of people have been saying that Hamilton is vastly underrated and it was foregone conclusion that he'd eventually make a jump.

I've long been saying that it is likely that ND signs 1-2 top 100 commits, which although unfortunate, has always included Hamilton as one of them.

I understand your excitement, but I'm not sure who the people are that so vehemently disagreed with you regarding Hamilton.

I actually think every single other ND commit did drop. But not considerably.

They dropped because they are committed and recruiting services move up obvious omissions and uncommitted players at this time of year in order to save face and push subscriptions. It has nothing directly to do with Notre Dame.

Remember way back when Kyle Hamilton was a 3 Star, actually borderline 2 Star, & I said that was criminal?

Remember when I said he was the best Safety at the Opening Finals & a couple posters called me an idiot & blah, blah, blah?

Remember when I said he should be a 5 Star?

Remember when I said the coaches recruiting him see something the recruiting services haven’t seen yet, & people argued that was foolish?

Well, guess who is now the 22nd ranked player in the country & 2nd ranked Safety in the country on today’s new top 100 on the other site?
That site gives 5 Stars to the top 32 players on NSD, he is 22nd & rising.
He is having an amazing Senior year already.

Congrats Kyle!

No one called anyone an idiot. You were putting the cart before the horse.
When he was a 3 star. That was a correct ranking description, until it was not.
Currectly, a 4star. .9211 rating and a Top 247 prospect. The kid is very good.

BTW: Self praise is shallow. And factually, you did not know anything more than any other
fan that followed recruiting.
But, keep on patting yourself on the back if it is what you need to boost your self esteem.

Last edited:
That's not a myth, there's years of empirical evidence to support it.

Commits drop in general, in order to create drama regarding uncommitted players down the stretch. It drives subscriptions in the last few months heading towards national signing day. likewise, they tend to move up kids that are "committed" but show obvious signs of wavering. Those kids too create obvious drama down the stretch that generates buzz and makes them money.

That is not a conspiracy. I've worked in that line of work. It's a money making venture first, with an emphasis on accuracy second.

Reactions: d1042
Farly,

As long as I can remember (save a couple people who follow Notre Dame recruiting on various forums) that vast majority of people have been saying that Hamilton is vastly underrated and it was foregone conclusion that he'd eventually make a jump.

I've long been saying that it is likely that ND signs 1-2 top 100 commits, which although unfortunate, has always included Hamilton as one of them.

I understand your excitement, but I'm not sure who the people are that so vehemently disagreed with you regarding Hamilton.

There are two, that is why I said “a couple” in my OP. I know who they are (have them both on ignore now) & what they said.
I’m not going to link their posts on here, but I just looked at them & they were pretty negative.

No one called anyone an idiot. You were putting the cart before the horse.
When he was a 3 star. That was a correct ranking description, until it was not.
Self praise is shallow. And factually, you did not know anything more than any other
fan that followed recruiting.
But, keep on patting yourself on the back if it is what you need to boost your self esteem.

First, yes they did. I have the posts.

Two, it wasn’t the correct ranking at the time. Two analyst I know gave him a 5 Star rating way back when he was a low 3 Star.

Third, yes I did know more than the average fan. I spoke to two different professional analysts about it at the time.

Fourth, I’m not patting myself on the back. I’m reminding the two posters who went off on me.

Fifth, my self-esteem is great. Thanks for asking. How is yours?

Sixth, I’m pumped for the kid since I’ve been following his career for the last couple years. Great kid.

Later.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
There are two, that is why I said “a couple” in my OP. I know who they are (have them both on ignore now) & what they said.
I’m not going to link their posts on here, but I just looked at them & they were pretty negative.

Where they negative about you or Hamilton? There is a difference. I do not think I have read a single post on this board that was not favorable about Hamilton.
Hamilton’s offer list has indicated for some time that he was a worst kept secret.
As to The updated 247 ranking, please post the ranking you are referring to in your OP. As of today are you saying he is ranked #22 and their site is not correct?

Last edited:
Found it. Depending on how you go to player rankings you are taken to different listings.
The site is not completely updated reflecting recent updates.

Where they negative about you or Hamilton? There is a difference. I do not think I have read a single post on this board that was not favorable about Hamilton.
Hamilton’s offer list has indicated for some time that he was a worst kept secret.
As to The updated 247 ranking, please post the ranking you are referring to in your OP. As of today are you saying he is ranked #22 and their site is not correct?

To give you the quick summary:

I have always made it clear I’m not an evaluator or scout. But I know some & have ones I trust very much. So whenever I discuss evaluations I will state who’s evaluation it is, and I trust them.

Back when I first pushed Hamilton there were two people who argued that Hamilton wasn’t as good as I am was stating. If he was, he wouldn’t be that low. Then after he was blowing up at camps I reiterated what I was originally told than added that according to multiple Secondary coaches at the camps Hamilton was the best Safety there, better than the couple 5 Stars. Then the two really argued that with me, saying he was just one of the guys, not better. (Even though that’s what the coaches actually said).
So the debate went on for a while, then continuing their stance that Hamilton was not a top Safety. It came obvious to me they didn’t know, they were just being anti-everything. So I ignored them.

Good to know ND will sign one of the 'difference makers' that alludes them every year. Because the same kid wasn't one a week ago

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...ar-kyle-hamilton-seems-to-be-a-very-wise-move
To give you the quick summary:

I have always made it clear I’m not an evaluator or scout. But I know some & have ones I trust very much. So whenever I discuss evaluations I will state who’s evaluation it is, and I trust them.

Back when I first pushed Hamilton there were two people who argued that Hamilton wasn’t as good as I am was stating. If he was, he wouldn’t be that low. Then after he was blowing up at camps I reiterated what I was originally told than added that according to multiple Secondary coaches at the camps Hamilton was the best Safety there, better than the couple 5 Stars. Then the two really argued that with me, saying he was just one of the guys, not better. (Even though that’s what the coaches actually said).
So the debate went on for a while, then continuing their stance that Hamilton was not a top Safety. It came obvious to me they didn’t know, they were just being anti-everything. So I ignored them.

But you missed that point. Your say so is not infallible testimony. He ranking is or was was his ranking.
Even now, a few years from now that will not change the present.
Again, everyone I saw post had favorable comments about Hamilton. If you encountered a debate, it may have been more about a confrontation with you, not about the player.

7 months ago: (you sound like Columbus discovering America)
https://www.dawgnation.com/football...ar-kyle-hamilton-seems-to-be-a-very-wise-move

Last edited:
Good to know ND will sign one of the 'difference makers' that alludes them every year. Because the same kid wasn't one a week ago

Yes he was (I totally get your sarcasm here). The issue is that some people aren't able to separate the obvious truth... That on a macro level, the teams that land the highest rated recruits consistently, win national championships... However that has no bearing on an individual kid who the services may be sleeping on, haven't evaluated in a while, or were simply wrong about.

That's why over a 4 class cycle you can make a pretty educated guess (based on recruiting stars) at what teams are going to make the playoffs. You'll probably be right about 50%-60% (just an educated guess) of the time based on recruiting alone, which is amazing accuracy given that there are 130 teams and only 4 make it... At the same time, if you truly want to know how good an individual is within a class (we're talking micro rather than macro now) you have to watch the kid's film and make an educated observation.

Hamilton fell into the category of highly underrated, because people watched the film and knew that evaluators were wrong. They've since corrected their error, which is why recruiting is a process and despite the politics that I always highlight, the final rankings they release before signing day are more accurate than the first set they put out 2 years in advance.

Two things can be true at once.

But you missed that point. Your say so is not infallible testimony. He ranking is or was was his ranking.
Even now, a few years from now that will not change the present.
Again, everyone I saw post had favorable comments about Hamilton. If you encountered a debate, it may have been more about a confrontation with you, not about the player.

No.
It wasnt my opinion.
I linked the comments & article from the evaluators (Safety Coaches) who were at the events. His ranking was wrong. The posters I’m referencing argued that he wasn’t as good as what I was linking them. Even with national evaluators at the Opening Finals saying he was the best Safety, they argued he wasn’t at that level.
I’m not going to keep going over it on here. I can message you the actual posts if you like?

Side note: just because you didn’t see it (or remember it) doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I don’t expect you to read all my conversations or remember one that doesn’t involve you. But you would probably agree I would remember one that went on for weeks that involves myself.

But just for you I will edit the OP, so not to take away from Kyle.

Last edited:
No.
It wasnt my opinion.
I linked the comments & article from the evaluators (Safety Coaches) who were at the events. His ranking was wrong. The posters I’m referencing argued that he wasn’t as good as what I was linking them. Even with national evaluators at the Opening Finals saying he was the best Safety, they argued he wasn’t at that level.
I’m not going to keep going over it on here. I can message you the actual posts if you like?

Side note: just because you didn’t see it (or remember it) doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I don’t expect you to read all my conversations or remember one that doesn’t involve you. But you would probably agree I would remember one that went on for weeks that involves myself.

But just for you I will edit the OP, so not to take away from Kyle.

Let’s celebrate Kyle Hamilton. agree.

Reactions: NDAFArly
Kyle Hamilton.

The recruit chaseballs wants...but doesn’t even come in & acknowledge him.

Kyle Hamilton.

The recruit chaseballs wants...but doesn’t even come in & acknowledge him.

Awesome player. I hope ND can keep him down the stretch. A Hamilton, Griffith, Allen, safety + rover combination could be elite.

Awesome player. I hope ND can keep him down the stretch. A Hamilton, Griffith, Allen, safety + rover combination could be elite.

In a lot of ways real recruiting starts about the time the actual season starts. Things will really crank up in late Oct through January.

As to Hamilton, we have no idea as to how he envisions football in his life plan. He nowseems a big time prospect and that opinion seems reenforced as is ranking has improved. Is he thinking football as a career where maybe 7 months ago that was more a dream than viewed as a goal. Home state, UGA will be putting on a full court press. Bama will want time in his ear. And of course there is Meyer and Dabo. Buckle up.

In a lot of ways real recruiting starts about the time the actual season starts. Things will really crank up in late Oct through January.

As to Hamilton, we have no idea as to how he envisions football in his life plan. He nowseems a big time prospect and that opinion seems reenforced as is ranking has improved. Is he thinking football as a career where maybe 7 months ago that was more a dream than viewed as a goal. Home state, UGA will be putting on a full court press. Bama will want time in his ear. And of course there is Meyer and Dabo. Buckle up.

His family is Ivy Leaguers. His brother plays basketball at Penn.
He visited Ohio State, then Georgia the weekend before he committed to ND.
The word was he wasn’t impressed with UGA, he was very serious about academics & they didn’t even discuss them.
And let’s be honest. If you are good enough to be in the NFL you will have ALL the exposure you need at ND.

His family is Ivy Leaguers. His brother plays basketball at Penn.
He visited Ohio State, then Georgia the weekend before he committed to ND.
The word was he wasn’t impressed with UGA, he was very serious about academics & they didn’t even discuss them.
And let’s be honest. If you are good enough to be in the NFL you will have ALL the exposure you need at ND.

Has Stanford courted him as yet?

The kid will be a star if he's healthy. I'll stake my reputation (as if I have one lol) on it. People are entitled to their opinions but I trust my ability to evaluate film and I see a star in Kyle Hamilton. he's much different than a Max Redfield, who from day one I was saying "that kid is a better wide receiver than safety. He's an athlete, but he doesn't show the instincts on film to play defense".

If everyone can stay healthy, the combination of...

Houston Griffith (SS)
Kyle Hamilton (FS)
Derrik Allen (ROVER)
Shayne Simon (BUCK)
Osita Ekwonu (MIKE)

will be the most athletic middle portion (corners excluded) of the back 7 that ND has fielded in years. That is 5 legitimate studs, with legit guys like Jack Lamb, Bo Bauer and Litchfield Ajavon backing them up, so the drop off isn't so steep. I have question at corner and defensive line (defensive end in particular)… I'm always projecting. As it stands right now, I see a good defense that will likely be a couple players short of elite... Something like...

SDE: Justin Ademilola
NG: Jacob Lacey
DT: Jayson Ademilola
WDE: Nana Osafo-Mensah
BUCK: Shayne Simon
MIKE: Osita Ekwonu
ROVER: Derrik Allen
SS: Kyle Hamilton
FS: Houston Griffith
CB: Noah Boykin
CB: Isaiah Rutherford (I hope)
NB: Tariq Bracy

It's only a projection, but I like the look of the size and athleticism of that group. Just need the defensive line to develop.

Exactly.

He was just interviewed by our mods, & to say the kid is thoughtful & impressive would be an understatement.

seriously! why risk CTE or other possible injury. Kids who need to take the risk, one can understand them, but Hamilton? Walk away with your brains in working order.

Aside from Derek Allen transferring, I feel pretty damn good about my above post lol. I'm glad that my over the top comments about Hamilton are trending towards being true.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Aside from Derek Allen transferring, I feel pretty damn good about my above post lol. I'm glad that my over the top comments about Hamilton are trending towards being true.

We both were on the Kyle Hamilton train.

I actually stopped short of posting the thread where a couple of guys bashed us for being so positive on Kyle.

When we both said Kyle was 5 Star and as good as anybody at the Opening Finals, one poster berated is as homers...

We both were on the Kyle Hamilton train.

I actually stopped short of posting the thread where a couple of guys bashed us for being so positive on Kyle.

When we both said Kyle was 5 Star and as good as anybody at the Opening Finals, one poster berated is as homers...

Meh. We're all wrong at times. Just enjoy the times we're right lol... It's all in good fun!

You should replace Osafo-Mensah with Foskey above. He’s a Daelin Hayes clone. You weren’t wrong though as Foskey hadn’t committed yet. He’s going to be a beast.

You should replace Osafo-Mensah with Foskey above. He’s a Daelin Hayes clone. You weren’t wrong though as Foskey hadn’t committed yet. He’s going to be a beast.
Foskey is much much longer than Hayes.... hopefully foskey has a ade type year in 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT