ADVERTISEMENT

Kmet

He needs another year to prove what he is worth. I think he could be a mid to late 5th rounder this season. If he were to have production numbers around 40 receptions 500 plus yards and 10 TDs in 2020 he could go within the first 2 rounds, think he benefits by staying.

He needs another year to prove what he is worth. I think he could be a mid to late 5th rounder this season. If he were to have production numbers around 40 receptions 500 plus yards and 10 TDs in 2020 he could go within the first 2 rounds, think he benefits by staying.
Boy idk I bet he’s get a 2nd round grade this year and I’m not the type to puff ND prospects. It’s a bit of a down year for elite TEs and he’s on the nfl radar for sure. I’m not an expert by any means and hope he comes back for the same reasons but I think 5th is too low.

Reactions: chaseball
Boy idk I bet he’s get a 2nd round grade this year and I’m not the type to puff ND prospects. It’s a bit of a down year for elite TEs and he’s on the nfl radar for sure. I’m not an expert by any means and hope he comes back for the same reasons but I think 5th is too low.

I am no expert by any means either, I am just going on a comparative basis with his career numbers. This is really the first year he has shown any signs of potential to be drafted, mind you I think he would be a steal in any round after 3.

Reactions: napy2121
He wants to play baseball in the spring with his brother which would preclude him from leaving school and preparing for the combine etc. Kmet also may end up choosing baseball instead of football long term.
Good info thx for sharing.

For what it is worth I think Kiper had him at the 8th best TE prospect..... so coming back seems to be a good choice.

EDIT: 6th TE.
1. Jared Pinkney, Vanderbilt
2. *Albert Okwuegbunam, Missouri
3. Adam Trautman, Dayton
4. Brycen Hopkins, Purdue
5. Harrison Bryant, Florida Atlantic
6. *Cole Kmet, Notre Dame
7. *Colby Parkinson, Stanford
8. *Hunter Bryant, Washington
9. C.J. O'Grady, Arkansas (Note: Coach Chad Morris announced Tuesday that O'Grady has left the team.)
10. Josiah Deguara, Cincinnati

Reactions: napy2121
Yea but there isn’t a lot of separation on those guys. I actually think the guy from Missouri is the best prospect but I dont think any of these guys are can’t miss first round guys. Either way coming back is great news and he seems to have multiple motivating factors to keep it that way.

Reactions: Catholicfan95

He might want to wait till he knows the QB for ‘20

i don't think his numbers have anything to do with it. at worst i think a 3rd rounder this year and likely higher. admire him wanting to stick around. don't think anyone has gotten their NFL feedback yet. things could change.

i don't think his numbers have anything to do with it. at worst i think a 3rd rounder this year and likely higher. admire him wanting to stick around. don't think anyone has gotten their NFL feedback yet. things could change.

Well I was using numbers from TE's drafted in past years and theirs are better than Kmets are right now. A point of reference to see where he would be taken.

Well I was using numbers from TE's drafted in past years and theirs are better than Kmets are right now. A point of reference to see where he would be taken.
i get it but the NFL knows the numbers are skewed because of the missed games early on. NFL teams only care about how they think he'll do for them in the future. He's a top flight NFL prospect for sure.

Reactions: d1042 and Kelso86
i get it but the NFL knows the numbers are skewed because of the missed games early on. NFL teams only care about how they think he'll do for them in the future. He's a top flight NFL prospect for sure.

I mean I really do not see him going before the 3rd round, but who knows.

Hes a 2nd to 3rd round pick right now. Its all about his potential and future. He was injured so numbers dont tell the story

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT