ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Says Differences With ND Admin Aided In Exit

Dec 7, 2007

I didn't see the interview with Kelly on the Finebaum show, so I don't know if Kelly gave any specifics. None are mentioned in the article. Outside of the team chef/training table issue, I don't know what else Kelly might have been butting heads over with Swarbrick.

I suspect there is some (if not a lot of) post hoc rationalization in this. Having LSU throw $100 million his way had a lot more to do with his exit, I believe. There is nothing wrong with Kelly leaving to chase the big contract, but at least he could be a little more honest about it.

Reactions: HarlemIrish

I didn't see the interview with Kelly on the Finebaum show, so I don't know if Kelly gave any specifics. None are mentioned in the article. Outside of the team chef/training table issue, I don't know what else Kelly might have been butting heads over with Swarbrick.

I suspect there is some (if not a lot of) post hoc rationalization in this. Having LSU throw $100 million his way had a lot more to do with his exit, I believe. There is nothing wrong with Kelly leaving to chase the big contract, but at least he could be a little more honest about it.

He will continue to talk about ND as long as we have the #1 class. It’ll get worse if ND has a better record next year or if LSU and ND are both lobbying for a playoff bid.

So Kelly admits to "shopping down a different aisle" and blames the administration for it. Meanwhile, MF is bringing in 4 and 5 star studs. 😂

Nah, BK addresses it. He has shut down the media many times. He likes to talk about ND.
If you’ve ever had media training you’d see what is going on now. Kelly is focused on LSU and Freeman on ND while the media feeds you recycled and out of context headlines with no actual substance.

If you’ve ever had media training you’d see what is going on now. Kelly is focused on LSU and Freeman on ND while the media feeds you recycled and out of context headlines with no actual substance.

It is not headlines it was actually interviews but OK

Why? Who cares if he's honest.

The TRUTH is he's gone and won't be missed. Way overdue. Good riddance!

He will continue to talk about ND as long as we have the #1 class. It’ll get worse if ND has a better record next year or if LSU and ND are both lobbying for a playoff bid.
Actually he'll continue to get asked about ND until he starts showing he can be equally as lousy come September in Cajun Country.

Reactions: Chitown11
Actually he'll continue to get asked about ND until he starts showing he can be equally as lousy come September in Cajun Country.
Kelly is talking about ND when it isn't necessary to talk about ND....that means its personal with him.....If I am an LSU type....I would be curious about why he is preoccupied with his former employer...while LSU is ranked 48th in recruiting.

Kelly is an excellent coach and I credit him for rebuilding the ND football program. That being said, he left ND for the big $$$. Good luck to him at LSU.
We agree. When you're offered generational money, you take it.

If beating unranked teams regularly and having the longest streak in CFB doing so is so easy, why doesn't everyone do it?
Most good coaches at major programs do, show me otherwise. The coaches that don't tend to get fired. Kelly is a good coach, but he's far from great, that's the reality. Now go back to the LSU forum and continue your love fest for Kelly.

He'll be gone from LSU in 4 years. LSU won't tolerate losing to Alabama, A&M, UGA, etc.

Here’s the thing people fail to mention. He could have easily been let go after the 4-8 2016 season. No way does he get the LSU gig if that had happened. So for all his whining about ND , he should be thankful JS and Father Jenkins gave him time to right the ship. To his credit he turned things around. Still it was the ND higher ups that allowed that to be possible

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT