ADVERTISEMENT

Just Another Great Day For ND Football...

futuredomer

Posts Like A Champion
Gold Member
Apr 4, 2007
Jagusah and now Deuce...I know it happens everywhere but, it's a hard pill to swallow for ND compared to the factory schools who will just replace lost starter/recruit w/ another 5 star. I mean it seems like the highest ranked recruits under MF have actually been the ones that were committed for a long time and then just left ND at the altar...Keeley, Moore, Bowen, Edwards and now Deuce. Not to mention guys that just should've been ND like Scott, Taylor & Meadows. That's a lot of talent added to the existing talent and ND's competing legitimately for a NC'. As much as we all want it to be somethings still not right for this program to win a NC'.

Last edited:
Reactions: chaseball
I never believed that Deuce Knight would wear a Notre Dame uniform on the field. I always thought that Notre Dame's value to him was the platform of prestige from which he could sell himself to his bidder of choice. Over the years...Notre Dame has been used alot in this manner....being "engaged" to a star player...who eventually "flips". This isn't a flip, imo....its part of the strategy that we have seen too many times.

It’s all good. Either you want to play at ND or you don’t. He wants the big NIL paycheck. ND will be fine. Especially with transfer portal.

Reactions: echowaker
Jagusah and now Deuce...I know it happens everywhere but, it's a hard pill to swallow for ND compared to the factory schools who will just replace lost starter/recruit w/ another 5 star. I mean it seems like the highest ranked recruits under MF have actually been the ones that were committed for a long time and then just left ND at the altar...Keeley, Moore, Bowen, Edwards and now Deuce. Not to mention guys that just should've been ND like Scott, Taylor & Meadows. That's a lot of talent added to the existing talent and ND's competing legitimately for a NC'. As much as we all want it to be somethings still not right for this program to win a NC'.
Hang in there.

It’s all good. Either you want to play at ND or you don’t. He wants the big NIL paycheck. ND will be fine. Especially with transfer portal.
From what i've read from various outlets, it isn't about NIL. ND, or should I say the NIL collectives are willing to match any offer. The real reason Deuce is looking to flip, is the inability to sign a single elite WR in his class. ND went 0-3 which is telling, and for a QB it's concerning.

ND will be fine, but it will hurt losing him, it's definitely a setback. Also the transfer portal is not the answer. Transfer portal is to fill gaps. I'd prefer ND recruit and land the elite QB's with a chance of having them on the roster fir more than a year.

Reactions: BGI User 756
From what i've read from various outlets, it isn't about NIL. ND, or should I say the NIL collectives are willing to match any offer. The real reason Deuce is looking to flip, is the inability to sign a single elite WR in his class. ND went 0-3 which is telling, and for a QB it's concerning.

ND will be fine, but it will hurt losing him, it's definitely a setback. Also the transfer portal is not the answer. Transfer portal is to fill gaps. I'd prefer ND recruit and land the elite QB's with a chance of having them on the roster fir more than a year.
I do not believe the WR excuse, frankly I do not believe anything unless Deuce is quoted, which has not happened.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
I know it took Deuce about to flip to post this but, it's not at all about just Deuce! There's an alarming amount of high 4 & 5 star talent that MF isn't closing on. I bashed BK for only recruiting at a good level well, MF maybe a little bit better but, not at closing the difference makers I posted above and he completely whiffed at WR. If I close my eyes not much is different recruiting wise and we're 3 seasons in now. He better produce big time on the field or we will have regressed from BK and that's when my leash will get short. I've supported MF 1001 % so far but, it's time to start closing on big time talent and make the Playoffs or start looking for someone who can do both🤞

I know it took Deuce about to flip to post this but, it's not at all about just Deuce! There's an alarming amount of high 4 & 5 star talent that MF isn't closing on. I bashed BK for only recruiting at a good level well, MF maybe a little bit better but, not at closing the difference makers I posted above and he completely whiffed at WR. If I close my eyes not much is different recruiting wise and we're 3 seasons in now. He better produce big time on the field or we will have regressed from BK and that's when my leash will get short. I've supported MF 1001 % so far but, it's time to start closing on big time talent and make the Playoffs or start looking for someone who can do both🤞
We disagree.

Overall, 2023-2024-2025, Marcus Freeman has recruited really well.

WR? That needs to improve; however, again......overall, MF has performed well on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Kelso86
The difference is BK established a culture of recruiting "down a different aisle." Freeman is trying hard to change that. He's had some wins, and some losses in recruiting. I believe winning, going deep into the playoffs and not getting blown out will change the mindset of some of these recruits. Time will tell, but this is going to be a pivotal year for Freeman.

The difference is BK established a culture of recruiting "down a different aisle." Freeman is trying hard to change that. He's had some wins, and some losses in recruiting. I believe winning, going deep into the playoffs and not getting blown out will change the mindset of some of these recruits. Time will tell, but this is going to be a pivotal year for Freeman.
Recruiting elite athletes that do not have to make school a priority, and allowing your best players to major in the NFL would help also.

Like Ohio St. and Georgia.

Can't do that at Notre Dame, and it hinders Freeman in certain areas.

these are the types of conversations we should be having at notre dame. thanks for posting.

dont mean to twist the knife or anything, but even if ND were to successfully recruit/sign all of those players we lost out on in the last few cycles, we'd STILL be behind the tier 1 in terms of the amount of raw talent/star power on the 85 man roster.

you cant realistically compete with schools who have 50% of their 85 man roster made up of high 4 star and 5 star talent, to your organizations 5% (which is where it is at presently)

which is also why it drives me absolutely nuts when i see a narrative in the ND media/ND PR machine/etc. that in anyway suggests that the talent isnt the problem at ND .. or tries to diminish the issue of the talent disparity at Notre Dame

Last edited:
Nope, none of those huge misses I posted originally had one thing to do w/ going to school at ND! It's a lazy, outdated and invalid statement. Kids like Cardale Jones yes, not the kids MF simply didn’t close on above! Like I said I don't care how he does it but, he needs to figure out how to close these kinds of difference makers where ND is not the issue.

Last edited:
Nope, none of those huge misses I posted originally had one thing to do w/ going to school at ND! It's a lazy, outdated and unvalid statement. Kids like Cardale Jones yes, not the kids MF simply didn’t close on above! Like I said I don't care how he does it but, he needs to figure out how to close these kinds of different makers where ND is not the issue.
Your criticism of Marcus Freeman's 2023-2024-2025 overall recruiting is IMO unwarranted and misguided.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDinNJ
LOL

these are the types of conversations we should be having at notre dame. thanks for posting.

dont mean to twist the knife or anything, but even if ND were to successfully recruit/sign all of those players we lost out on in the last few cycles, we'd STILL be behind the tier 1 in terms of the amount of raw talent/star power on the 85 man roster.

you cant realistically compete with schools who have 50% of their 85 man roster made up of high 4 star and 5 star talent, to your organizations 5% (which is where it is at presently)

which is also why it drives me absolutely nuts when i see a narrative in the ND media/ND PR machine/etc. that in anyway suggests that the talent isnt the problem at ND .. or tries to diminish the problem
Michigan Auburn and Clemson have

Reactions: NDinNJ
Recruiting elite athletes that do not have to make school a priority, and allowing your best players to major in the NFL would help also.

Like Ohio St. and Georgia.

Can't do that at Notre Dame, and it hinders Freeman in certain areas.
Agree.

Your criticism of Marcus Freeman's 2023-2024-2025 overall recruiting is IMO unwarranted and misguided.
Of course it is, let me quote you "cause it doesn't fit your narrative". This is why he was hired to close the above dudes and he whiffed on all of them, 8 4.5-5 star recruits that were his! Spin it anyway you want, I've been plenty nice & patient but, he's getting used and played too much. Just figure out!

Of course it is, let me quote you "cause it doesn't fit your narrative". This is why he was hired to close the above dudes and he whiffed on all of them, 8 4.5-5 star recruits that were his! Spin it anyway you want, I've been pkenty nice & patient but, he's getting used and played too much. Just figure out!
You're correct. He missed on those three 2025 WR's. And he is likely to miss on Deuce Knight.

That said, Freeman did not miss on highly thought of 2024 QB CJ Carr, and the 2024 WR group is a good one.

IMO, overall, collectively, Marcus Freeman has recruited really well

Of course it is, let me quote you "cause it doesn't fit your narrative". This is why he was hired to close the above dudes and he whiffed on all of them, 8 4.5-5 star recruits that were his! Spin it anyway you want, I've been plenty nice & patient but, he's getting used and played too much. Just figure out!
You want more 5-Stars?

Change the academic piece at Notre Dame.

It works well at Ohio St.

Michigan Auburn and Clemson have
If you date back to the early 00s where the recruiting industry really started to take off, each national title winning team minus these 3 were in the tier 1 in terms of their talent

The other 20 national title winners were firmly in the tier 1.

Which bucket would you rather have ND in if the goal is to win a national title?
I used to think it was the head coach here that was the bottleneck. But now that that same head coach is at another program recruiting blue chips in big numbers in this 2025 class, my tune has changed. The problems with recruiting at Notre Dame in the present era go above MFs pay grade.

Reactions: notredame79
We disagree.

Overall, 2023-2024-2025, Marcus Freeman has recruited really well.

WR? That needs to improve; however, again......overall, MF has performed well on the recruiting trail.
2025 class is not that good other than OL and DB… we have about 7 head scratchers in the class. It may not even finish top 15

2025 class is not that good other than OL and DB… we have about 7 head scratchers in the class. It may not even finish top 15
I never look at recruiting in the isolation of one class. Never.

And your narrative of the 2025 class is garbage.

If & when Deuce flips that's exactly where this class is headed and then why was he hired if he's losing more top talent than he's signing? He's shopping down the right aisle he just can't checkout at this point. From 1st for a damn long time to 13-15 range is a train wreck closing!

If & when Deuce flips that's exactly where this class is headed and then why was he hired if he's losing more top talent than he's signing? He's shopping down the right aisle he just can't checkout at this point. From 1st for a damn long time to 13-15 range is a train wreck closing!
What do you want Freeman to do about it? I’m sure he’s doing his best, and I don’t see anyone else recruiting as well as he does given his lack of head coaching experience. If ND was more like the football factories, they would get more of those players. We just have to live with it until the results are better on the field. The program is capable of winning the title with the talent they’re getting in the last couple years.

Kelly didn’t believe he could win a title at ND and I barely do either. At least Freeman is going after the best that he can.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Dude needs a pacifier.

MF was hired because we needed a HC and he was easy to get. No one said that Jack went out in search of a great recruiter and realized that we had one.

A quality quarterback needs to be signed every year. This is really not optional for programs who are playoff material. The portal should be tapped for wants....not needs.

Weak argument

If you date back to the early 00s where the recruiting industry really started to take off, each national title winning team minus these 3 were in the tier 1 in terms of their talent

The other 20 national title winners were firmly in the tier 1.

Which bucket would you rather have ND in if the goal is to win a national title?

I used to think it was the head coach here that was the bottleneck. But now that that same head coach is at another program recruiting blue chips in big numbers in this 2025 class, my tune has changed. The problems with recruiting at Notre Dame in the present era go above MFs pay grade.
We've also had more recruiting talent at times than that FSU team that won the NC

Chase

TE is a stud so missed that one. LB and DL are better than your giving credit for and we need to get at least 1 of the other 2 studs on the board

Reactions: IrishMike409
ND needs to take the position where they continue to recruit their other QB targets after one commits. Focusing on one QB just because they gave a verbal isn't a smart approach. If the recruit doesn't like it, tough.
Nope, none of those huge misses I posted originally had one thing to do w/ going to school at ND! It's a lazy, outdated and invalid statement. Kids like Cardale Jones yes, not the kids MF simply didn’t close on above! Like I said I don't care how he does it but, he needs to figure out how to close these kinds of different makers where ND is not the issue.
You bring up Cardale Jones. He's actually a great example of why one should go to a university where academics and achieving a meaningful degree are a priority. The guy lasted all of 2 years in the NFL. There are countless others as well. This is the selling point ND needs to emphasize, you get the opportunity play at an elite level with the potential to play in the NFL, but if that doesn't work out or gets cut short you have the prestigious degree to fall back on. Best of both worlds.

TE is a stud so missed that one. LB and DL are better than your giving credit for and we need to get at least 1 of the other 2 studs on the board
I do like the TE, so fair there. LB and DL are all major projects at best other than burgess. Sacca, who is highly rated I think is still a major project.

All players are somewhat projects, but what I'm talking about is players that clearly aren't ready to even come close to contributing day 1. Maybe burgess and Dixon could get off the scout team.

I do like the TE, so fair there. LB and DL are all major projects at best other than burgess. Sacca, who is highly rated I think is still a major project.

All players are somewhat projects, but what I'm talking about is players that clearly aren't ready to even come close to contributing day 1. Maybe burgess and Dixon could get off the scout team.
Your narrative of Marcus Freeman’s recruiting is garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT