ADVERTISEMENT

Jo-Moe

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
The more I read the more I want this guy to come to ND for a year or so, mentor Tommy Boy and then move on to coach the Yrojans... (or better yet, someone we don't play.) He really seems like the real deal and a good fit for Kelly's program. Will egos get in the way? Will Oregon get him first? Will night never come?

Stay tuned.

He is being heavily vetted by the University since he has a history of conflict & other reputations that were a factor in Miss St firing him. Evidently he is interested in ND, but it is a process right now.

Do you have a source? I have not read a word of 'history of conflict and other reputations (not sure what that means) except for problems at MissSt which just wasn't a good fit at all... He recruited Phil at Penn State... Maybe he'll go to Oregon and Phil will follow...

Or he'll come to ND and Phil...

Farley, I did find this: "instances of disciplinary issues in the football program, some of which were beyond Moorhead’s initial control. There was also a major disconnect between the coach and the Bulldog fanbase which perhaps escalated the decision-making process."

Fanbase: A very Northern guy at a Southern School?

Do you have a source? I have not read a word of 'history of conflict and other reputations (not sure what that means) except for problems at MissSt which just wasn't a good fit at all... He recruited Phil at Penn State... Maybe he'll go to Oregon and Phil will follow...

Or he'll come to ND and Phil...

From Lou on Tuesday,

“And to answer your question, a couple of hours after you posed it I did receive confirmation that Moorhead is being considered but there are background checks on what were purported to be personality issues with players and some superiors.

After what happened with Chip Long, one can understand why these matters will have to be vetted quite thoroughly.”

Then today,
“Joe Moorhead is the big name on offense that I've been told is receiving consideration, but this is not going to be quick action. There is a vetting process to go through.”

I can’t find (quickly) the other quotes. But it sounds as if he does have a problem dealing with others. Lou even mentioned he is a coach who wants full autonomy of his offense.

Lou even mentioned he is a coach who wants full autonomy of his offense.

This all but ensures his disqualification for the position.

And one could only imagine if he voiced his discontentment regarding Groomsman #3 being allowed to coach the offensive line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT