ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Tafelski?

HDK

I've posted how many times?
Sep 13, 2009
I have nothing against this kid, and wish him well, but why is Notre Dame signing a walk-on running back, who barely saw the field for Central Michigan? I thought we had a few too many players anyway. This one I don't get.

I have nothing against this kid, and wish him well, but why is Notre Dame signing a walk-on running back, who barely saw the field for Central Michigan? I thought we had a few too many players anyway. This one I don't get.
Odd.

Practice depth.

Reactions: Kelso86
He’s not taking up a scholarship so what’s the problem? It seems to me the kid just wants a ND degree versus a Central Michigan one.
I had missed that he was a walk on. But I will say back in the good old days, nobody* transferred into ND.

*There were a few exceptions, of course.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
I had missed that he was a walk on. But I will say back in the good old days, nobody* transferred into ND.

No worries brother. College Football is definitely much different than it used to be. I’m glad we adjusted to the times. Starting out every year with 75-80 scholarship players due to transfers outgoing versus other teams at 85 was a self imposed sanction IMO.

Odd.

He’s going to get into a meaningless game for one play and they’ll make a cheesy movie about it 45 years later.

He's a walk on. He doesn't take up a scholarship. What does it matter. He's just depth.

A walk on…a practice piece…maybe a ST player.

Perhaps he wants to finish his career at ND, and get an ND degree, and is willing to be a practice depth player and/or could potentially see some special teams action.

Reactions: Kelso86

He's a grad transfer.

Last edited:
1st thought was this is a real ‘throw-back’ name!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT