ADVERTISEMENT

It’s the off-season

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
men’s basketball is down, the women are waiting for March, 6 out of the 7 top threads are non sports related.

Has Lax started yet? I like catching their games on television

Reactions: ThomasSowell
Hockey my friend. Penguins got trounced tonight so that sucks.
Brian Rust is a domer.

Hockey keeps my sanity until it's over. Then Bass season is in full swing and I'm on the boat. That keeps me very busy until fall. I'm on the lake about 5 nights in 7

Baseball
....no thanks

Basketball..
Game is so soft now and it's a half court shooting fest. So no thanks.

men’s basketball is down, the women are waiting for March, 6 out of the 7 top threads are non sports related.

LAX is 1-0 after beating Detroit Mercy last weekend.

Hockey my friend. Penguins got trounced tonight so that sucks.
Brian Rust is a domer.

Hockey keeps my sanity until it's over. Then Bass season is in full swing and I'm on the boat. That keeps me very busy until fall. I'm on the lake about 5 nights in 7

Baseball
....no thanks

Basketball..
Game is so soft now and it's a half court shooting fest. So no thanks.

The flyers are so up and down. Montreal beat them the other day and made it look easy.
The predictors are looking good and I think they will over take Winnipeg while Tampa bay is though on top look beatable or maybe they weren't up playing buffalo.
Boston, or Toronto could take it all if the stars line up right
Outside of my love for the Flyers and the disappoints of that it's been an exciting season.

Last edited:
our 1-0 lax team play today at noon on espn+. hockey team plays tonight on one of the fox spoprts channels as they are on the bubble when it comes to making the ncaa tournament

Fill the time binge watching The Great British Baking shows!

mens lax team played like crap today as they lost at Richmond. could be a long year for them

The flyers are so up and down. Montreal beat them the other day and made it look easy.
The predictors are looking good and I think they will over take Winnipeg while Tampa bay is though on top look beatable or maybe they weren't up playing buffalo.
Boston, or Toronto could take it all if the stars line up right
Outside of my love for the Flyers and the disappoints of that it's been an exciting season.
That outdoor game is tonight. I'm curious what will happen with the rain.

You're right...this srason has been weird. The Pens cant seem to get in a groove...the flyers have zero speed.

But playoff hockey...there is nothing as exciting.

Sincerely,
Charles Barkley

That outdoor game is tonight. I'm curious what will happen with the rain.

You're right...this srason has been weird. The Pens cant seem to get in a groove...the flyers have zero speed.

But playoff hockey...there is nothing as exciting.

Sincerely,
Charles Barkley
Looking forward to it

Reactions: 88ND
Just a suggestion, but take in some quality HS basketball games. Men and Ladies. Inexpensive. Free parking. Great fun.

I was doing that with HS Wrestling
That is great. Nice going. If you are lucky, there might be a D1 commit playing somewhere in your vicinity and it will cost you next to nothing to enjoy. I, myself, add Valpo University basketball and baseball games. Free parking. Low ticket prices. Mid major basketball is a blast. Went to a recent Valpo vs Loyola Chicago game in the hopes of getting a picture with Sister Jean, but she wasn't there.

Just a note, today (and last night for some) was Junior Day at ND. A lot of big 2020 & 2021 targets on campus.
So for football it is a big weekend.
One of the top 2020 RB targets & the top 2021 QB target our on campus.

Just a suggestion, but take in some quality HS basketball games. Men and Ladies. Inexpensive. Free parking. Great fun.
just watched future irish wbb player peoples and her high school team from Danville IL win the 1A state title this afternoon on tv. she doesn't shoot the three very well yet but is really fast, athletic and can shoot from just about anywhere else

Do any recruits attend the Spring Game or is that off limits?

Yes. Now with the new rules (you can do spring OVs) kids are actually taking their officials to spring games if they want to verbal before their senior season starts.
But a lot of kids still do unofficial to the Spring Game.

The QB (#2 ranked QB in 2021 class) looks like could be Irish soon...

That is great. Nice going. If you are lucky, there might be a D1 commit playing somewhere in your vicinity and it will cost you next to nothing to enjoy. I, myself, add Valpo University basketball and baseball games. Free parking. Low ticket prices. Mid major basketball is a blast. Went to a recent Valpo vs Loyola Chicago game in the hopes of getting a picture with Sister Jean, but she wasn't there.
I am fortunate to travel the country for my job and this past month I was working between Des Moines and Cedar Rapids on wind turbines. There was lots of good HS wrestling happening.
Iowa is represented well
I wish ND didnt drop it.
Alot of quality wrestlers are quality football players

Last edited:
Reactions: ThomasSowell
Yes. Now with the new rules (you can do spring OVs) kids are actually taking their officials to spring games if they want to verbal before their senior season starts.
But a lot of kids still do unofficial to the Spring Game.

The QB (#2 ranked QB in 2021 class) looks like could be Irish soon...
that could maybe explain why our irish haven't offered the Mccarthy kid yet from just outside of Chicago even though he wants an offer bad. I've read that people out west think the QB from CA that you are talking about could have a monster seaon next year when finally healthy again

I am fortunate to travel the country for my job and this past month I was working between Des Moines and Cedar Rapids on wind turbines. There was lots of good HS wrestling happening.
Iowa is represented well
I wish ND didnt drop it.
Alot of quality wrestlers are quality football players
Still angry Mike Martin went to the skunk bears

I am watching the developments in Washington closely right now. I come here and read the threads mostly and wait for spring football. The new football league has some entertaining games to watch also. Wife is making great progress and her speech is improving with each passing day. Please lift her up in your thoughts and prayers. She suffered two strokes back on October 24th. You couldn't tell it today. Praise the Lord!

Reactions: echowaker
I am watching the developments in Washington closely right now. I come here and read the threads mostly and wait for spring football. The new football league has some entertaining games to watch also. Wife is making great progress and her speech is improving with each passing day. Please lift her up in your thoughts and prayers. She suffered two strokes back on October 24th. You couldn't tell it today. Praise the Lord!
I'm sorry brother
Prayers sent

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT