ADVERTISEMENT

Is current ND roster for 2023 better than 20022

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
Is the 2023 team (currently) roster better than this past year (2022) ? At least on paper ?

Is the 2023 team (currently) roster better than this past year (2022) ? At least on paper ?
Yes… AA corner that was hardly on the radar at this time

Top LT in college that we knew would be good but not this good
Top 5 college qb

Young talent a year older

Foskey Patterson Mayer and jayson a(a little) are only losses

Reactions: BGI User 756
Yes… AA corner that was hardly on the radar at this time

Top LT in college that we knew would be good but not this good
Top 5 college qb

Young talent a year older

Foskey Patterson Mayer and jayson a(a little) are only losses
Mayer and Foskey are 1 in a decade type players

Who isthe AA CB?

Last edited:
Mayer and Foskey are 1 in a decade type players

Who isthe AA CB?
Mayer yes, Foskey only if you look at his Sack numbers, he wasn't a dominating DE, and to be honest early in the season I was disappointed in his effort and he had next to no production. I think it was pretty clear an effort issue because he kinda got called out and then his game suddenly picked up

I'd say yes. Every position group either improves or is about the same with exception of DL and TE. But it's not like there aren't some talented players raring to develop and play at those positions.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
The question comes down to play makers; difference makers when facing equal or better competition. Who are the guys who are proven playmakers in those situations?

September is a long way away. Workouts,spring practice, and coaching can develop some of these younger guys into great talent. They need to buy in all the way. Jr.Botelho,Mills,Rubio,Gobiara,Ehrensberger,Sneed,Kollie,Mickey,Burnham all need to step up their game. They can do it with hard work,attention to detail, and determination to be the best. They were all stars at one time in their HSs. But college football is a different beast. All teams are gonna come after ND. I think Watts,Morrison,Hart,Henderson all bring some experience in db area but even they need certain areas to work on. That's not even including newcomers and transfers coming in. On paper there is a lot of talent but paper doesn't mean much. Even O has somethings to adjust too. No Mayer,lots of new wrs,Thomas ,Colzie,Merriweather and Styles stepping up. QBs jostling for starting position. Although that is one area I feel better about now. RB-will Price return to spring form of last year? Love can help but Diggs and Estime will do all they can to be premier players. Tyree not sure as I didn't see much improvement in rb area as opposed to catching ball out of backfield.A lot of ? but there always are. I like the potential of this team. I have been hoping Botelho would get the opportunity but I'm not sold on Liaufau yet.

2022 vs. 2023 (offense)

QB+++: go from no starts to a four year starter (a Heisman mention this year!)
RB++: go from two Soph studs to two Junior studs (bigger, stronger AND Jadarian!)
TE-: go from maybe the ND goat to two or three promising guys
OT++: go from two Soph studs to two Junior studs
C+: another year of experience
OG-: go from two seasoned, probable draft picks to two promising players
WR++: go from unproven WRs across the board (and a big preseason injury) to a 5th year stud and four or five guys coming into their own.

Overall offensive score: ++ (out of three+++, like my confusing scoring???: best +++, worst ---)

Someone else do the D or dispute my O.

2022 vs. 2023 (offense)

QB+++: go from no starts to a four year starter (a Heisman mention this year!)
RB++: go from two Soph studs to two Junior studs (bigger, stronger AND Jadarian!)
TE-: go from maybe the ND goat to two or three promising guys
OT++: go from two Soph studs to two Junior studs
C+: another year of experience
OG-: go from two seasoned, probable draft picks to two promising players
WR++: go from unproven WRs across the board (and a big preseason injury) to a 5th year stud and four or five guys coming into their own.

Overall offensive score: ++ (out of three+++, like my confusing scoring???: best +++, worst ---)

Someone else do the D or dispute my O.
How does losing Mayer only get one minus

I dont know this scoring system because it seems off there. Bauman and Raridon both coming off injuries as well. Berrong transfer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT