ADVERTISEMENT

Is Book the least of all QBs in the playoffs?

Completely irrelevant. In 2014 J Winston and M Mariota were Heisman Winners.

Cardale Jones was a 3rd stringer and honestly I dont even remember Alabamas QB.

For a 2 game tournament Jones was the best thanks to having a great coach, great defense and a great supporting cast led by Zeke Elliott.

ND has the coaching, supporting cast and defense to beat Clemson with Ian Book at QB. Thats what matters in a 2 game & 4 team tournament

All the ass kissing of Murray, Tua and Lawrence is just that...meaningless ass kissing.

ND takes Lawrences first read away and you will have a Freshman QB patting the ball looking indecisive. Just like Georgia made Tua look in the SEC Title Game. And just like Saban & Co will make little 5"7 Murray look in the Orange Bowl.

Great points but I think OU beats Bama.....with a very solid Oline and speed everywhere on offense....I know the D has been awful but Alabama beat UGA but rewatch that game UGA dominated that game they should have won 35-14..... I see a shoot out but with the punching in the face that bama will do catch up to OU in 2Nd half? Much like last year with UGA....Murray is on a different level athletically than every bama player on defense (Moses is the closest)

Only way OU loses if they turn the ball over 3 plus times

So I am just making this up?

IIO wanted BW. He gave various reasons why he wanted BW over Book.

How do I know and remember this? He and I were both saying the same thing.

I am a big BW fan. I did not believe Book was the man for the job. I have admitted I was wrong but others will not admit they were wrong and have said very little about how great Book has played.

If I'm one of the "others" that statement is completely false. Over the past month I've spent about half my posts taking about I was wrong about Ian Book and that I think he's been o e of the 10 best QB's in the country over a short sample size (8 games). He's been excellent.

Just because I put Kyker Murray, the Heisman winner, in another category, it doesn't mean I'm shitting on Ian Book.

“Just because I put Kyker Murray, the Heisman winner, in another category, it doesn't mean I'm shitting on Ian Book.”

W/ all due respect, Ontario, you’re the one who said “he’s playing like shit” after a few plays in a first half of a game. If that’s not shitting on him, I’m not sure what is. Did you say the same thing when Murray had a bad half against Texas? No, you’re on record saying that Murray hasn’t had any moments like that this year. That’s just not true. Your microscope is much stronger on book than it is on the ones he’s being compared to. What boggles the mind is when posters bash book but can call certain ND qbs of the recent past “solid” or “really good”, etc... if the dissection of qb play were half as critical as it was for them, they’d be called bums when comparing book’s & their play.

Reactions: Zorich 88
If I'm one of the "others" that statement is completely false. Over the past month I've spent about half my posts taking about I was wrong about Ian Book and that I think he's been o e of the 10 best QB's in the country over a short sample size (8 games). He's been excellent.

Just because I put Kyker Murray, the Heisman winner, in another category, it doesn't mean I'm shitting on Ian Book.
Book is playing better than any ND qb has for a long time. For whatever ready you are Enamored with Murray. He faces B12 defenseless teams week in and week out.

What makes you put Murray in a whole different category than Book?

ND is playing Clemson? Worry about Lawrence (a 1 in a decade talent).
Murray can be tomorrow’s concern!

Book is playing better than any ND qb has for a long time. For whatever ready you are Enamored with Murray. He faces B12 defenseless teams week in and week out.

What makes you put Murray in a whole different category than Book?

Deadly accurate downfield. Awesome TD / INT ratio for the number of passes he's thrown and he's an absolutely elite runner as a QB... Not just an above average runner (which Book is, too his credit), an elite runner, on another level from Brandon Wimbush.... 900+ rushing yards and 11 TD's on top of a 70% completion percentage and an awesome downfield arm.

Before you throw out the typical "Big 12 defenses are awful" argument (which can be a true a lot years), consider that Ian Book didn't face a top 50 defense in Total defense this season, Kyler Murray did. Book also faced 2 top 50 scoring defenses, while Murray faced 3...

Neither team played amazing defense this year, but to pretend that Book's competition was on another level than Murray's, is simply not true.

Bottom line,

Without Book ND is not in the playoffs

Book is as good as any QB in the playoffs.

He is in the same category as the other three

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT