ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Book vs Everett Golson

kellys heroes 35

Rockne's Water Boy
Oct 23, 2015
There is a lot in Book's game that reminds me of Everett Golson .

After watching his film several times I think there are differences that make Book a better prospect at the next level

• More efficient - 30 TDs vs 5 Ints
  • Better feet in the pocket ( Books feet never stop moving )
  • Much more disciplined with the football in his hands
  • Arm strength is on par w Everett
  • Better vision downfield - Book never locks in or rarely on one receiver
  • Much more elusive in the open field while running the ball and tougher
Book will give you everything Golson did w-o the bull shit turnovers . Great pick up by the Irish

Ok...are you telling me when you saw EG's high school film you thought he'd be turn over prone? His film was just as impressive as anyone out there.

Seen this kid play twice now, and he is very impressive. Plays smart and is quick to read and pull the trigger. Plays against very good competition. Does not have great size or speed, etc... But is exceptionally efficient.

I have watched Book all year and he is a much better passer than Golson and only runs when he has to but when he does he is every bit as fast. He will start for ND in two years.

I have watched Book all year and he is a much better passer than Golson and only runs when he has to but when he does he is every bit as fast. He will start for ND in two years.

I love your optimism, but that's means Book would be starting as a soph, passing Wimbush and Kizer not a good thing as far as QB development. I think the addition of Book was excellent considering the logjam at QB could mean a possible defection next year, I just can't see Kizer or Zaire sitting the bench. Maybe im wrong.

Book is incredibly important for the program - he is a def keeper re being a legit starter in 2-3 yrs --in three yrs he will still have three years eligibility given that he takes a red shirt next yr

quest twelve Im not telling you anything -- I KNOW this kid is not capable of putting on the horror show that EG did last yr

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT