ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong about Book

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Book has given this ND team a new swagger on offense.

While BW gives ND a better ability to have big runs from the QB posistion, Book has the confidence of a four year starter!

That kid believes he can make any pass and any play ND needs.

He sees the field and makes fast reads.

At VT is another test for the young man. But money is now on Book.

Book has given this ND team a new swagger on offense.

While BW gives ND a better ability to have big runs from the QB posistion, Book has the confidence of a four year starter!

That kid believes he can make any pass and any play ND needs.

He sees the field and makes fast reads.

At VT is another test for the young man. But money is now on Book.
You’re a gentleman and connoisseur of fine football. Go Irish!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kraftwerk and rgc7
OL- knows the kid will get the ball out on time, slide in the pocket to avoid the rush. Not hold on to the ball or float around running into sacks like BW

WR-TE know if they get good releases and run good routes they will get the ball! And the ball will be delivered on time and accurately. With BW half the balls required a miraculous catch. Low, High, Behind, Late, up for grabs or just hold it until you are sacked

RBs- know because he can deliver a football from the pocket and still take off and run.
So, defenses must play honestly and cannot over commit 8-9 helmets to the LOS. More running lanes and less traffic.

They also know if they are unsure about protections he is a guy who can help them.

Reactions: PHJIndy
OL- knows the kid will get the ball out on time, slide in the pocket to avoid the rush. Not hold on to the ball or float around running into sacks like BW

WR-TE know if they get good releases and run good routes they will get the ball! And the ball will be delivered on time and accurately. With BW half the balls required a miraculous catch. Low, High, Behind, Late, up for grabs or just hold it until you are sacked

RBs- know because he can deliver a football from the pocket and still take off and run.
So, defenses must play honestly and cannot over commit 8-9 helmets to the LOS. More running lanes and less traffic.

They also know if they are unsure about protections he is a guy who can help them.

Exactly right. Been saying this since last season actually watching him in limited action. The engine just runs better, period.

Without getting to far ahead of ourselves, it's plain to see he plays with much more confidence. Still a lot of Football to go, but really liking what I'm seeing. Also great atmosphere last night, energy in the stadium was awesome

Exactly right. Been saying this since last season actually watching him in limited action. The engine just runs better, period.
Yes you were and Devine was wrong about Montana and Kelly was slow on the uptake also

Book = so far so good. Now for a real test. On the road in what will be a very hostile environment, playing a team that desperately wants a statement win after losing to Old Dominion. Also, I suspect since it is an 8 pm start, the crowed will be rather “ juiced”up. The Irish will have to be ready to rumble as they say.

During the bowl game last year I became a believer. The play in the end zone he went through all of his progressions before throwing the TD pass. He just has a calm demeanor about him..

Book’s quick reads, quick decision making, and confidence when he decides to throw is allowing all the skill position talent Kelly and staff have recruited to shine. Mack, Claypool, Avery, Dexter, Fink (underrated quickness and burst—showed it last night by taking a 4 yard catch and bursting up field to for a first down).

Additionally, we’re getting to the line faster, getting the defense on its heels—nobody knows where the ball is going off the initial read. There’s misdirection everywhere and it’s talent out there thsts doing it.

Lastly, Book reminds me of Russ Wilson in the way he almost always seems to make the right read on the zone reads and how he seems to sense the pressure and turns the right direction to avoid and thereby extend plays. Book also seems to have bigger than normal hands for a guy who’s not that big (for a QB) and that helps in play action and zone reads. He had the camera man fooled three times last night.

Book = so far so good. Now for a real test. On the road in what will be a very hostile environment, playing a team that desperately wants a statement win after losing to Old Dominion. Also, I suspect since it is an 8 pm start, the crowed will be rather “ juiced”up. The Irish will have to be ready to rumble as they say.
No, the real test was vs a legit top 10 team.

He passed that text with flying colors.

No, the real test was vs a legit top 10 team.

He passed that text with flying colors.

No question Book played extremely well. However, next Saturday in Blacksburg will be very difficult environment for the Irish. Playing Wake Forest on the road is one thing. Playing Virginia Tech, at night, on their field is another. Virginia Tech is more than capable of winning. Book needs to be ready for anything thrown at him. It should be a great game.

No question Book played extremely well. However, next Saturday in Blacksburg will be very difficult environment for the Irish. Playing Wake Forest on the road is one thing. Playing Virginia Tech, at night, on their field is another. Virginia Tech is more than capable of winning. Book needs to be ready for anything thrown at him. It should be a great game.
Agree that this is the game I circled at the beginning of the year when asked where we could stumble. Coming off a big game in the previous week and knowing, most likely, that this would be the ABC night game made me nervous. Now VA Tech comes in with a ton of question marks on both sides of the ball and we are rolling but they apparently played well at Duke so it should be fun. I like us in a close game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT