ADVERTISEMENT

Some guys that need to get better soon....

Tru2Irish

ND Expert
Aug 2, 2013
Merriweather[whether it's lack of confidence or what, his hands need to improve]. Tuilihamaka seems slow to react on outside runs but I believe he will improve. Carter just haven't seen much from him. Lewis[other than lone interception] has shown little- believe he will go portal. Correll-simply not opening holes up the middle. Guards might be at fault too but Spindler for the most part has done good on running plays. Fisher- sometimes he's on and others ,he's beaten. Bertrand on pass defense- just don't see any improvement-great on pressures on qb and run stops. Botelho- I thought this was his breakout year. Bauman - I feel bad for him-constant injuries, same with Raridon. I don't like to criticize just for its sake. I really want these young men to succeed. They have to believe in themselves and go out and prove it on the field.

Reactions: theskibro
Merriweather[whether it's lack of confidence or what, his hands need to improve]. Tuilihamaka seems slow to react on outside runs but I believe he will improve. Carter just haven't seen much from him. Lewis[other than lone interception] has shown little- believe he will go portal. Correll-simply not opening holes up the middle. Guards might be at fault too but Spindler for the most part has done good on running plays. Fisher- sometimes he's on and others ,he's beaten. Bertrand on pass defense- just don't see any improvement-great on pressures on qb and run stops. Botelho- I thought this was his breakout year. Bauman - I feel bad for him-constant injuries, same with Raridon. I don't like to criticize just for its sake. I really want these young men to succeed. They have to believe in themselves and go out and prove it on the field.
Merriweather is just about at the point of being a bust. I think his problem is more than hands, he can’t get open n is manhandled. Why the coaches don’t see this or maybe they are starting to ?
Corell is only able to chug a bottle of maple syrup. Disgusting thing to do.
Rocco is surprising me with his effort n run blocking. Doing ok
Raridon concerns me. I feel for him. He’s like a time bomb. Hope he can get N stay healthy

I think sneed may be seeing the light bulb

Honestly our receivers are not great. Where is Braylon? Give him a chance

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Merriweather is just about at the point of being a bust. I think his problem is more than hands, he can’t get open n is manhandled. Why the coaches don’t see this or maybe they are starting to ?
Corell is only able to chug a bottle of maple syrup. Disgusting thing to do.
Rocco is surprising me with his effort n run blocking. Doing ok
Raridon concerns me. I feel for him. He’s like a time bomb. Hope he can get N stay healthy

I think sneed may be seeing the light bulb

Honestly our receivers are not great. Where is Braylon? Give him a chance
I think our caliber of receivers reflects a ceiling in recruiting them (other than TE U, which takes care of itself). ND hasn't attracted the better receivers because we haven't had quarterbacks who could help them excel. That is changing...so recruiting should coincide with it...we should be recruiting better receivers at this point forward.

I know this isn't probably popular opinion but I like Kenny Minchey better then CJ Carr as far as game tape. The kid throws a great ball and is sneaky athletic when he needs to be.

I know this isn't probably popular opinion but I like Kenny Minchey better then CJ Carr as far as game tape. The kid throws a great ball and is sneaky athletic when he needs to be.
Gonna be a battle next year for sure. The only way I can see a portal QB is if The kid from Duke transfers. They are a gamble. Carr,Minchey and Angelli should battle and one step up.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Would add:
Mickey (will likely start next year)
Sneed (will need to be an every down LB)
Jr T (consider move back MLB)?

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Would add:
Mickey (will likely start next year)
Sneed (will need to be an every down LB)
Jr T (consider move back MLB)?
Unless Mickey is moved to nickel, which he might, I dont see him starting.

I see Morrison and Gray starting with Mickey playing a lot or starting at nickel

Reactions: IrishMike409
Unless Mickey is moved to nickel, which he might, I dont see him starting.

I see Morrison and Gray starting with Mickey playing a lot or starting at nickel
Either way, dude needs to improve quick. Need 3 quality cover guys, especially given Gray won’t have a ton of experience. Mickey played more as a freshman than he does now (even saw the field first before BM as a freshman).

I think our caliber of receivers reflects a ceiling in recruiting them (other than TE U, which takes care of itself). ND hasn't attracted the better receivers because we haven't had quarterbacks who could help them excel. That is changing...so recruiting should coincide with it...we should be recruiting better receivers at this point forward.
Ehh, our starting receivers are all for the most part solid 4 stars. Guys ranked in that area have had success for us for years. Fuller, claypool, Boykin etc. In terms of guys that actually saw the field Tobias is one of the biggest WR busts we’ve had since I’ve been a fan. I guess the biggest is Jordan Johnson who was a 5* but never even saw the field for us. But Tobias has had plenty of playing time and almost no production.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT