ADVERTISEMENT

I posted last week that Jack would have to speak during the bye week

Washington, and Utah are far from snoozers, and Stanford is filling muli holes on offense.........., BTW 92 yrds on. 21 carries coming off a week of having to sit the Irish game
out, and being the only offensive weapon with a bulls eye on his back is not pathetic.
I do think coach Kelly would prefer to be 4-3, an not 2-5 don't you think?
3 offensive pts at home is pathetic and the pac 12 is lousy. Stop with the Stanford /Shaw crowning.

Reactions: Bodizephax
How much money we wagering Zorich?

I'm putting money where my mouth is. You posted a thread confidently saying ND would max out at 6-7 wins next year. I responded to THE TOPIC of the thread by posting a 2017 roster I would take a 7.5+ wins next year for $1000 (pending the DC hire)... As soon as someone challenges you, all-of-a-sudden you're no longer talking about next year, and now you want a "pick em" for games next week?... Grow the **** up child. Stop cowering from a challenge.

Perse chimes in with "your prediction about the defense this year was wrong, so you have no credibility."... For the record, Perse completely is completely exaggerating what I said pre season, when I stated that the DEFENSIVE LINE would be fine, despite the lack of an elite pass rusher. That was before our senior starting safety got kicked off the team right before the season. Before Brian Kelly decided to hold Nick Watkins out for the entire season, Before Devin Butler got suspended for the season and before Shaun Crawford tore his achilles in game two. My reasoning behind being ok with the defensive line this year was that I expected ND to have veteran players in their secondary. Not lose 4 experienced guys in essentially two weeks, leaving freshman back there (sometimes 4 at a time)...

But hey Perse... I'm a big enough person to say I WAS WRONG. Even know you and I both know that the D-Line "struggles" have had more to do with the 4 casualties in ND's secondary than anything else... Where is my of that you may ask? Look at how much better the line has looked the past 3 weeks, because the kids are starting to grow up a little bit on the backend and a scheme adjustment has helped them out considerably. 3 sacks and how many other hurries by the DL last week vs Stanford? When you're playing a 3-4 defense you rely on coverage sacks. That's not rocket science. ND's coverage is improving as they replace the crushing loses to the backend of the defense and their DL is "magically" playing a lot better because of it.

That's why I'm more confident in next year's defense. Because Hayes, Cage, Tillery and Bonner will all be back and Kareem, Hayes and Okwara will all have actually gone through a full season of strength-and-conditioning, making them physically ready to contribute much more... With Watkins and Crawford back (maybe Butler as well) and 5 contributing freshman DB's a year older and physically ready to play, I like ND's defense to be very "middle of pack" next year, which in my estimation, will be good enough to win 7.5 games, per the thread title.
Do you see how big of a coward and b:tch you are? That's not how Vegas works Canadian boy. You want to bet him but you have to see who the DC hire is and who stays and goes first. Be a man and bet now. You're the one that needs to grow up.

Reactions: cgvr
3 offensive pts at home is pathetic and the pac 12 is lousy. Stop with the Stanford /Shaw crowning.
Thanks for the humor. Dope. You must've missed the game over a week ago when Shaw came in and embarrassed ND in the second half. Your butt buddy thought it'd be a wise idea to bench Kizer when ND still had the lead. You, classic, and 78 are like comedians. It's hilarious to read your drivel.

2-5

That's why ESPN's College Game Day is heading to Salt Lake City for Washington vs. Utah. Such a lousy game!

You have already proven you have zero knowledge. Keep digging that ditch while you laugh.
Pac 12 football sucks as do your posts. No more Internet till you clean the outhouse.

Pac 12 football sucks as do your posts. No more Internet till you clean the outhouse.
The Pac12 is consistently the second best conference in the country. Watch some college football some time, son.

Washington will be in the final 4.
USC will smoke ND this season just like '14.
Stanford has won 3 of their last 4 against ND.
ASU took a dump all over Kelly's team in 2014.

That's pretty damning for your boy Kelly if the Pac 12 stinks.

I'm glad you think my posts stink. I wouldn't want someone as clueless as you agreeing with my factual posts.

How much money we wagering Zorich?

I'm putting money where my mouth is. You posted a thread confidently saying ND would max out at 6-7 wins next year. I responded to THE TOPIC of the thread by posting a 2017 roster I would take a 7.5+ wins next year for $1000 (pending the DC hire)... As soon as someone challenges you, all-of-a-sudden you're no longer talking about next year, and now you want a "pick em" for games next week?... Grow the **** up child. Stop cowering from a challenge.

Perse chimes in with "your prediction about the defense this year was wrong, so you have no credibility."... For the record, Perse completely is completely exaggerating what I said pre season, when I stated that the DEFENSIVE LINE would be fine, despite the lack of an elite pass rusher. That was before our senior starting safety got kicked off the team right before the season. Before Brian Kelly decided to hold Nick Watkins out for the entire season, Before Devin Butler got suspended for the season and before Shaun Crawford tore his achilles in game two. My reasoning behind being ok with the defensive line this year was that I expected ND to have veteran players in their secondary. Not lose 4 experienced guys in essentially two weeks, leaving freshman back there (sometimes 4 at a time)...

But hey Perse... I'm a big enough person to say I WAS WRONG. Even know you and I both know that the D-Line "struggles" have had more to do with the 4 casualties in ND's secondary than anything else... Where is my of that you may ask? Look at how much better the line has looked the past 3 weeks, because the kids are starting to grow up a little bit on the backend and a scheme adjustment has helped them out considerably. 3 sacks and how many other hurries by the DL last week vs Stanford? When you're playing a 3-4 defense you rely on coverage sacks. That's not rocket science. ND's coverage is improving as they replace the crushing loses to the backend of the defense and their DL is "magically" playing a lot better because of it.

That's why I'm more confident in next year's defense. Because Hayes, Cage, Tillery and Bonner will all be back and Kareem, Hayes and Okwara will all have actually gone through a full season of strength-and-conditioning, making them physically ready to contribute much more... With Watkins and Crawford back (maybe Butler as well) and 5 contributing freshman DB's a year older and physically ready to play, I like ND's defense to be very "middle of pack" next year, which in my estimation, will be good enough to win 7.5 games, per the thread title.
are we going to hear how this experienced defense is struggling to adapt to a new defensive coordinator and new schemes? That seems to be how this team rolls with the tail wagging the dog.

Reactions: end_23
Do you see how big of a coward and b:tch you are? That's not how Vegas works Canadian boy. You want to bet him but you have to see who the DC hire is and who stays and goes first. Be a man and bet now. You're the one that needs to grow up.

Hahaha I'll take the bet either way. Obviously I'm confident enough to offer it, and you know what, it's not like I'm asking for a lot of money here, so sure, I'll do it at $1000, without knowing who the DC is, who the personnel will be, or even the head coach for that matter. Why not?

7.5 wins at $1000...You talk a big, big game End_23, you taking that action?

Hahaha I'll take the bet either way. Obviously I'm confident enough to offer it, and you know what, it's not like I'm asking for a lot of money here, so sure, I'll do it at $1000, without knowing who the DC is, who the personnel will be, or even the head coach for that matter. Why not?

You're creepy. Man up you pussy!

$1G is peanuts. Jack is betting the relevance of ND football for the next decade on Kelly getting to a bowl game next season. Just another reason they both should be fired.

Is that a "no" on the bet?

When did I ever say anything about how many wins ND will have next year?

Last edited:
there is something wrong with this picture.....challenging total strangers to a bet over trivial matters on a FREE internet board? Really?
And I'm not even the one talking about next year win totals lol. That was Zorich. I'm just calling this guy out for having so many stipulations on his bet he wanted to do with Z88. This Ontario guy is clueless.

And yes, if Vegas sets the line next June at 7.5 I'll likely put at least 500 on the over. I think you're a confused kid. Reading comprehension 101.

And yes, if Vegas sets the line next June at 7.5 I'll likely put at least 500 on the over. I think you're a confused kid. Reading comprehension 101.

so IIO has a dozen lists touting depth and talent currently on the roster, and others point out that the '17 schedule is not overwhelming, and then IIO thinks this great talent under his 'new' hero, BK can get 7-7.5 wins! IIO you should be offering something > 10!

Wow, such a lofty standard for such a glorious football program!

Washington, and Utah are far from snoozers, and Stanford is filling muli holes on offense.........., BTW 92 yrds on. 21 carries coming off a week of having to sit the Irish game
out, and being the only offensive weapon with a bulls eye on his back is not pathetic.
I do think coach Kelly would prefer to be 4-3, an not 2-5 don't you think?

Washington Husky fans are certainly not snoozing this season.

Love it when IIO calls out the bloviaters and they refuse to put their food stamps on the line. Priceless!

Lol...

People twisting things around. My response was to the thread title and the OP completely overreacting. It's one thing to say "time for a change, I don't think Brian Kelly is going to get ND over the top." I have a hard time arguing that point. It's a legitimate point, rooted in precedence... There is a huge difference between that and saying that ND is likely going to win 5 or 6 games next year, with what they have coming back and given the very same track record that would lead you to believe Kelly isn't going to win a title...

I just just it's ridiculous when fans completely exaggerate. Is it a shit season? Yep. Was VanGorder a shitty hire, that falls on Kelly? Yep. Is Kelly's tenure at ND coming to an end? Yep.

But is ND 4 years removed from playing for a national title? Yep. Was ND any competent DC last year away from being back in the playoffs? Yep.

I'm just trying to keep my perspective balanced is all. Is Brian Kelly the next Nick Saban. No, obviously not. But is he a better coach than a lot of coaches in America? Yes.

Keep in mind that everybody loves Mark Dantonio gives him a pass at MSU for their terrible season this year, but Kelly is still 3-2 vs Michigan State. Kelly is also a respectable 4-2 vs USC, after the Trojans dominated Notre Dame for over a decade. Certainly USC's issues have played a role in that, but winning is what matters and Kelly has helped ND head-to-head with the Trojans more than the previous 3 coaches combined.

ND needs a home run hire with the next guy if they're going to take the program to the next level, but Brian Kelly has done a lot at ND, which I've already discussed plenty. Just look at player development... 8 players drafted last year? A bunch more over the next two years.

Face it Kizer is not coming back and ND will not win more than 6 games next season if Kelly is HC. Same thing happened with Weis. After 7 seasons Kelly has no excuses for his lack of depth or direction of the program.

Face it Kizer is not coming back and ND will not win more than 6 games next season if Kelly is HC. Same thing happened with Weis. After 7 seasons Kelly has no excuses for his lack of depth or direction of the program.
Blah, blah , blah. Post less and read more.

I have no idea how many games Notre Dame will lose next year. Likewise, last year, I had no idea that ND would have lost these "particular" five games so far this year. If predicting these losses were made last year....IIO and others, what would your reaction have been? There is a reasonable basis for predictions for and against next seasons results. This season has already demonstrated that.

I have no idea how many games Notre Dame will lose next year. Likewise, last year, I had no idea that ND would have lost these "particular" five games so far this year. If predicting these losses were made last year....IIO and others, what would your reaction have been? There is a reasonable basis for predictions for and against next seasons results. This season has already demonstrated that.

Undoubtedly I thought this year's group would be better and that's why most people thought this was a 9-3 or 10-2 type of team. What I did not anticipate was Redfield and Butler being tossed less than two weeks before the season, Watkins being shutdown for the entire year when he was expected to return, and Crawford tearing his achilles in game 2... The secondary got absolutely torn apart and VanGorder's scheme was a mess. If ND goes 6-6 it will be a dreadful year. Without VanGorder I think we beat Texas and Duke for sure and that becomes an 8-4 season, still worse than the predictions, but closer to what we thought this team would be.

I don't think Weis' and Kelly' tenures mirror each other. I think 3-9 under Weis was the product of a bad team, severely lacking talent and development. I think this team has plenty of talent, I highly doubt they go 3-9 and I'd be shocked if they had a similar season next year, with all they have coming back and some quality direction on defense... It's hard to articulate just how bad of a job VanGorder was doing. Totally unacceptable for Kelly to allow it to go on that long, but as they've shown the past 4 weeks, the defense is much better than what VanGorder was putting on the field.

Kizer very well might be reading only his headlines but the facts are he has not played well in weeks. Is it because the coaching sucks? His receivers suck? Or maybe it is just part of the process and he should likely come back next year and work on his game? The reality is if some NFL GM is dumb enough to take him in the first round they will get a QB with promise who needs to spend a couple of years on the bench working on his game.

Kizer should get out of Dodge asap. The ND offense will not prepare him for Sunday foitball and I seriously think he can improve his i image with GM's playing under Kelly. I hope to high H.he is smart enough to realize this.
In fact any draft eligible ND player who projects in the first 3 rounds would be wise to declare. Depth is going to be a major major issue in the 2nd half of the '17 season.

what the NFL scouts are seeing with Kizer is his measurables....He has all of the tools. That alone puts him in the top third of prospects. The intangibles? Thats what is being looked at closely. It appears that he has those. He's been in a system that has produced unnecessary losses. But to what extent that is his fault is probably the question, vis-a-vis the intangibles.
Keep in mind he is an underclassman....but still NFL ready. His upside is pretty good.

Reactions: Nocalirish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT