ADVERTISEMENT

I posted last week that Jack would have to speak during the bye week

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Next will be no better than 6-7 wins under BK. The next two years of ND football will be an absolute disaster for ND football fans. I just do not understand why Jack would to delay the inevitable. BK will not turn this program into a champion. He has been here for seven years. It will not get any better.

Jack has people he reports to; it is an institutional mindset. The footbal team is a biz and making money. Winning is not the 'prime objective'.

Weis was honorable in his assessment 9-3 will get you fired; 2-5 gets you a vote of assurance.

Dags: looks like it's all happening.

ND as a national contender is a 'was' thing, but dang! I just want the team to play well, even in loses! That is not happening.

WTF Jack? 84+ games is not enough data for you?

Next will be no better than 6-7 wins under BK. The next two years of ND football will be an absolute disaster for ND football fans. I just do not understand why Jack would to delay the inevitable. BK will not turn this program into a champion. He has been here for seven years. It will not get any better.

Suggest that you find something else to do on Saturdays in the fall until 2019.

The next 2 years should not be a disaster. The team is young and I fully expect them to bounce back and put together a much better season. Doesn't change my opinion of kelly and that he should go, bit he'll get his 9 wins next year and everyone will say 18 is the year. It's just not gonna happen under this guy. I don't think he could take Bama to a title.

6-7 wins next year? I'll wait until ND hires their new DC, but as long as it's someone I think is competent, I'll take the over for $1000 paypal bet if you're interested? ND is playing 11 first year players, and 8 freshman on defense. They may return all 11 starters on offense (counting Alize Jones) and 8 starters on defense (countring Cage as a co-starter with Jones). They'll could also have Watkins and maybe even Butler back, depending on how things go.

I'll take this group at 8+ wins for $1000.

QB: DeShone Kizer
RB: Josh Adams
WR: EQ St. Brown
WR: Torii Hunter Jr.
Slot: CJ Sanders
TE: Alize Jones
LT: Mike McGlinchey
LG: Quenton Nelson
C: Same Mustipher
RG: Alex Bars
RT: Tommy Kraemer

DE: Jay Hayes
NG: Daniel Cage
DE: Jerry Tillery
OLB: Drue Tranquil
ILB: Nyles Morgan
ILB: TeVon Coney
OLB: Daelin Hayes
CB: Nick Watkins
FS: Devin Studstill
SS: Jalen Elliot
CB: Shaun Crawford or Donte Vaughn

Yep. $1000 if you're interested, pending returnees and the DC hire.

Whether Kelly is the coach to start next season or not, you have to say he will be in order to keep recruiting from falling through the floor. I don't think this "vote of confidence" will necessarily insure Kelly's job in '17.

My guess the meeting went something like this:
Jack: another year? you need another year?
BK: yea, we're not done destroying ND football
Jack: looks pretty done to me, but 'you da man' , lets go get a 'steam'.

as for recruiting falling through the floor?
they have lower the cieling so low the are on another floor altogether and that floor is on 'verge'

6-7 wins next year? I'll wait until ND hires their new DC, but as long as it's someone I think is competent, I'll take the over for $1000 paypal bet if you're interested? ND is playing 11 first year players, and 8 freshman on defense. They may return all 11 starters on offense (counting Alize Jones) and 8 starters on defense (countring Cage as a co-starter with Jones). They'll could also have Watkins and maybe even Butler back, depending on how things go.

I cannot cheer against my Irish next year. I would have cheer against ND in order to take the bet. I really hope Kelly proves me wrong. Everyone you named is on the current roster. Some are currently JRs.
Next years schedule is harder than this seasons.
At MSU
Georgia
At Miami
USC
At Stanford
At NC
Open against a good Temple team.

ND will be lucky to win five games this year with the same roster you laid out for next year.

Whether Kelly is the coach to start next season or not, you have to say he will be in order to keep recruiting from falling through the floor. I don't think this "vote of confidence" will necessarily insure Kelly's job in '17.
Thanks for the laughs.

IIO luvs those lineup projection lists; the only problem is the opponents have lineups too!
best guess is he will be making the same posts and projections this time in'17; much like Bodi's annual 12-0 posts! they get attention and 'atta boy's" but as for informative? 'meh'.

I cannot cheer against my Irish next year. I would have cheer against ND in order to take the bet. I really hope Kelly proves me wrong. Everyone you named is on the current roster. Some are currently JRs.
Next years schedule is harder than this seasons.
At MSU
Georgia
At Miami
USC
At Stanford
At NC
Open against a good Temple team.
Did not think you would put your money on the line. Just more bluster.

IIO luvs those lineup projection lists; the only problem is the opponents have lineups too!
best guess is he will be making the same posts and projections this time in'17; much like Bodi's annual 12-0 posts! they get attention and 'atta boy's" but as for informative? 'meh'.

You care to take the bet then Perse?

I'm not looking for any attention, but I have a $1000 I'm willing to graciously lose in a bet if I'm wrong. Care to make a friendly wager?

i suggest, you go back and review your posts on predictions; it is not very good.
For sure.
And you will continue hypothetical lineups 12 months before any roster is finalized.
It will try to convey some 'return to glory'; but every year the defense which certain posters warned sbout but you hyped, has disappointed.

I am not going to get in a pissing contest with you on this. Want an answer look back, It is history.

Last edited:
You care to take the bet then Perse?

I'm not looking for any attention, but I have a $1000 I'm willing to graciously lose in a bet if I'm wrong. Care to make a friendly wager?

I will never bet against my Irish, which in turn means I have to cheer against my team. If you want to compare football IQ there are games played every week.

You got called out for the bs that you posted. I enjoyed it. Thanks

I never got called out. IIO wants me to cheer against the Irish next year. I will not do it. I said I hope and pray BK proves me wrong. I am however calling you and IIO out. We can pick any games you want.

Reactions: cgvr and end_23
I never got called out. IIO wants me to cheer against the Irish next year. I will not do it. I said I hope and pray BK proves me wrong. I am however calling you and IIO out. We can pick any games you want.

How much money we wagering Zorich?

I'm putting money where my mouth is. You posted a thread confidently saying ND would max out at 6-7 wins next year. I responded to THE TOPIC of the thread by posting a 2017 roster I would take a 7.5+ wins next year for $1000 (pending the DC hire)... As soon as someone challenges you, all-of-a-sudden you're no longer talking about next year, and now you want a "pick em" for games next week?... Grow the **** up child. Stop cowering from a challenge.

Perse chimes in with "your prediction about the defense this year was wrong, so you have no credibility."... For the record, Perse completely is completely exaggerating what I said pre season, when I stated that the DEFENSIVE LINE would be fine, despite the lack of an elite pass rusher. That was before our senior starting safety got kicked off the team right before the season. Before Brian Kelly decided to hold Nick Watkins out for the entire season, Before Devin Butler got suspended for the season and before Shaun Crawford tore his achilles in game two. My reasoning behind being ok with the defensive line this year was that I expected ND to have veteran players in their secondary. Not lose 4 experienced guys in essentially two weeks, leaving freshman back there (sometimes 4 at a time)...

But hey Perse... I'm a big enough person to say I WAS WRONG. Even know you and I both know that the D-Line "struggles" have had more to do with the 4 casualties in ND's secondary than anything else... Where is my of that you may ask? Look at how much better the line has looked the past 3 weeks, because the kids are starting to grow up a little bit on the backend and a scheme adjustment has helped them out considerably. 3 sacks and how many other hurries by the DL last week vs Stanford? When you're playing a 3-4 defense you rely on coverage sacks. That's not rocket science. ND's coverage is improving as they replace the crushing loses to the backend of the defense and their DL is "magically" playing a lot better because of it.

That's why I'm more confident in next year's defense. Because Hayes, Cage, Tillery and Bonner will all be back and Kareem, Hayes and Okwara will all have actually gone through a full season of strength-and-conditioning, making them physically ready to contribute much more... With Watkins and Crawford back (maybe Butler as well) and 5 contributing freshman DB's a year older and physically ready to play, I like ND's defense to be very "middle of pack" next year, which in my estimation, will be good enough to win 7.5 games, per the thread title.

Last edited:
This is Kelly's 7th season. Who's fault is it that ND has no senior leadership and no depth? This team will be 3-9 and not get to a bowl game. Next season ND will not be ranked in the top 25. 8 wins next year isnt good enough even if it were possible and it's not.

You got called out for bloviating. It was great. Keeping posting your bs. It is funny.

I'm putting money where my mouth is. You posted a thread confidently saying ND would max out at 6-7 wins next year. I responded to THE TOPIC of the thread by posting a 2017 roster I would take a 7.5+ wins next year for $1000 (pending the DC hire)... As soon as someone challenges you, all-of-a-sudden you're no longer talking about next year, and now you want a "pick em" for games next week?... Grow the **** up child. Stop cowering from a challenge.

Perse chimes in with "your prediction about the defense this year was wrong, so you have no credibility."... For the record, Perse completely is completely exaggerating what I said pre season, when I stated that the DEFENSIVE LINE would be fine, despite the lack of an elite pass rusher. That was before our senior starting safety got kicked off the team right before the season. Before Brian Kelly decided to hold Nick Watkins out for the entire season, Before Devin Butler got suspended for the season and before Shaun Crawford tore his achilles in game two. My reasoning behind being ok with the defensive line this year was that I expected ND to have veteran players in their secondary. Not lose 4 experienced guys in essentially two weeks, leaving freshman back there (sometimes 4 at a time)...

But hey Perse... I'm a big enough person to say I WAS WRONG. Even know you and I both know that the D-Line "struggles" have had more to do with the 4 casualties in ND's secondary than anything else... Where is my of that you may ask? Look at how much better the line has looked the past 3 weeks, because the kids are starting to grow up a little bit on the backend and a scheme adjustment has helped them out considerably. 3 sacks and how many other hurries by the DL last week vs Stanford? When you're playing a 3-4 defense you rely on coverage sacks. That's not rocket science. ND's coverage is improving as they replace the crushing loses to the backend of the defense and their DL is "magically" playing a lot better because of it.

That's why I'm more confident in next year's defense. Because Hayes, Cage, Tillery and Bonner will all be back and Kareem, Hayes and Okwara will all have actually gone through a full season of strength-and-conditioning, making them physically ready to contribute much more... With Watkins and Crawford back (maybe Butler as well) and 5 contributing freshman DB's a year older and physically ready to play, I like ND's defense to be very "middle of pack" next year, which in my estimation, will be good enough to win 7.5 games, per the thread title.

IIO you probably have the most realistic logical approach to the Irish's team projection . That said, I just see a team thats falling apart with coaching that is not there and players that seem lack luster. until that changes it would be hard to say they win a game

I will be cheering for ND every game next year. If I bet against them then that means I cheer against them. Your little pocket money you wanna bet means nothing to me. I will out pick you any day. You write paragraphs of meaningless garbage. Let's test our football IQ. Let's pick em. Come on and see what this child has!

Reactions: end_23
He and many others would be 7-0. Porky smells.
Coach Shaw should hire his brilliant wife to run his offense. 5 pts with Heisman Trophy candidate McCaffrey .... Pathetic. Pack 12 football is a snooze.

As surprising as what this season had become, the same could be said about next season with performing above what most expecting.
I don't know how this is going to happen, but this season has shown the unexpected

Coach Shaw should hire his brilliant wife to run his offense. 5 pts with Heisman Trophy candidate McCaffrey .... Pathetic. Pack 12 football is a snooze.

Washington, and Utah are far from snoozers, and Stanford is filling muli holes on offense.........., BTW 92 yrds on. 21 carries coming off a week of having to sit the Irish game
out, and being the only offensive weapon with a bulls eye on his back is not pathetic.
I do think coach Kelly would prefer to be 4-3, an not 2-5 don't you think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT