ADVERTISEMENT

I might have missed them, but I didn’t see any

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
Harsh criticisms of Tommy Rees on the Alabama football websites I looked at !

WHY do you think that there aren’t any harsh criticisms of Tommy Rees on the Alabama football websites like there were on the Notre Dame football websites ?

Because they’re 9-1. There were plenty of critics early in the season. The difference in the play of their QB from the first couple games to today is pretty remarkable. I don’t think there would be a lot of negative Parker posts here if we had the kind of play Alabama is getting from their QB.

Reactions: irishalice
There were a lot of harsh criticism about him as the Alabama offense was the worst that it has been in 10 years or more, but they have turn things around. Jalen Milroe looks like an absolutely different quarterback he gets rid of the ball quickly, he’s making better reeds, he’s not getting sacked like he used to, he’s more decisive when he wants to run, they’ve also thrown in some nice little wrinkles into the office, which they used to great affect today against Kentucky. Obviously, Kentucky doesn’t have the best defense but it’s not that bad either, around top 35 or so after today’s game, Alabama’s going to be top 20 in the nation in offensive deficiency, which seemed impossible after the Texas game in the south Florida ugliness.

Because they’re 9-1. There were plenty of critics early in the season. The difference in the play of their QB from the first couple games to today is pretty remarkable. I don’t think there would be a lot of negative Parker posts here if we had the kind of play Alabama is getting from their QB.
So the issue at ND wasn’t his play calling, it was the QB and ND’s personnel ?

“Because they’re 9-1” ?

Wasn‘t ND 10-0 in the regular season in 2020 ?
And wasn’t ND 11-1 in the regular season in 2021 ?

Both are better than 9-1 aren’t they ?
So it can’t be about being 9-1 because ND was 9-1 or better in the regular season, no ?

This thread isn’t about Parker, it’s about Rees !

There were a lot of harsh criticism about him as the Alabama offense was the worst that it has been in 10 years or more, but they have turn things around. Jalen Milroe looks like an absolutely different quarterback he gets rid of the ball quickly, he’s making better reeds, he’s not getting sacked like he used to, he’s more decisive when he wants to run, they’ve also thrown in some nice little wrinkles into the office, which they used to great affect today against Kentucky. Obviously, Kentucky doesn’t have the best defense but it’s not that bad either, around top 35 or so after today’s game, Alabama’s going to be top 20 in the nation in offensive deficiency, which seemed impossible after the Texas game in the south Florida ugliness.
So, it’s the play of the QB and not the play calling by the OC ?

So the issue at ND wasn’t his play calling, it was the QB and ND’s personnel ?

“Because they’re 9-1” ?

Wasn‘t ND 10-0 in the regular season in 2020 ?
And wasn’t ND 11-1 in the regular season in 2021 ?

Both are better than 9-1 aren’t they ?
So it can’t be about being 9-1 because ND was 9-1 or better in the regular season, no ?

This thread isn’t about Parker, it’s about Rees !
if Alabama was 9-1 and won all their games by a score of 3-0, the critics would be clamoring and Rees would likely be shown the door at seasons end. Record, and offensive output, form our opinions. Monroe has morphed from an athletic indecisive inaccurate passer to a highly confident QB that creates a ton of positive plays with both his feet and arm. I said at the time that Rees move was a good decision on his part, and I’m sure he is benefitting from working under Saban. Personally, I thought Rees’ deserved criticism for the QBs he recruited and their lack of development. I believe ND would have seriously competed for a NC with Rees as OC if they had a QB like Monroe or Daniels.

Harsh criticisms of Tommy Rees on the Alabama football websites I looked at !

WHY do you think that there aren’t any harsh criticisms of Tommy Rees on the Alabama football websites like there were on the Notre Dame football websites ?
Why don’t you stop asking questions and try and figure out what the pylons are doing out of bounds in the end zones.

Still waiting for the TB fanboobs to claim he could be doing better or just as well

Clearly as I said a couple of weeks ago it the switch got flipped at Alabama; they appear to have a real QB now
BUT it is telling that with more talent than any other in college football, poor QB play made them look very ordinary.
Georgia was able to overcome poor QB play somewhat better in the past than Alabama did.

My opinion is it has to do with who is the head coach. Sure Tommy Rees was the OC at ND and now at Alabama ... but it was under 3 different head coaches, and which one has shown the most success ? I'm sure the HC has a say into what the OC plans to do, what kind of offense he plans to implement, and how the different assistants handle their positions. I'm sure Rees is LEARNING something from Saban that he didn't pick up during his days at ND.

if Alabama was 9-1 and won all their games by a score of 3-0, the critics would be clamoring and Rees would likely be shown the door at seasons end. Record, and offensive output, form our opinions. Monroe has morphed from an athletic indecisive inaccurate passer to a highly confident QB that creates a ton of positive plays with both his feet and arm. I said at the time that Rees move was a good decision on his part, and I’m sure he is benefitting from working under Saban. Personally, I thought Rees’ deserved criticism for the QBs he recruited and their lack of development. I believe ND would have seriously competed for a NC with Rees as OC if they had a QB like Monroe or Daniels.
That’s a foolish hypothetical with a predisposed conclusion, but I appreciate your remaining on topic and engaging in intelligent dialogue versus the morons who responded without staying on topic, most likely because they’re incapable of intelligent thought and can’t address the issue I raised, OR, admit that they were wrong about TR !

The fact remains that the harsh criticism that many on this board directed toward TR did not follow him to Alabama.

I think that everyone has to concede that Nick Saban is a spectacular HC with a highly successful record that is unmatched in college football …… and he chose TR to be his OC !

Now what does he know compared to the morons who were highly critical of TR when he was winning at ND ?

My opinion is it has to do with who is the head coach. Sure Tommy Rees was the OC at ND and now at Alabama ... but it was under 3 different head coaches, and which one has shown the most success ? I'm sure the HC has a say into what the OC plans to do, what kind of offense he plans to implement, and how the different assistants handle their positions. I'm sure Rees is LEARNING something from Saban that he didn't pick up during his days at ND.
TR was successful at ND and he’s successful at Alabama.

WHY did Nick Saban hire him to be his OC if TR’s success at ND was attributed to Kelly, as you imply ?

Reactions: Pennick4
That’s a foolish hypothetical with a predisposed conclusion, but I appreciate your remaining on topic and engaging in intelligent dialogue versus the morons who responded without staying on topic, most likely because they’re incapable of intelligent thought and can’t address the issue I raised, OR, admit that they were wrong about TR !

The fact remains that the harsh criticism that many on this board directed toward TR did not follow him to Alabama.

I think that everyone has to concede that Nick Saban is a spectacular HC with a highly successful record that is unmatched in college football …… and he chose TR to be his OC !

Now what does he know compared to the morons who were highly critical of TR when he was winning at ND ?
People being people. It happens time and time again!

Hes the OC of their worst offense since 2009

And you're trying to give him praise.... LOL

Why don’t you stop asking questions and try and figure out what the pylons are doing out of bounds in the end zones.
I see that you still can’t explain the juxtaposition, the physical conflict represented by the pylon sitting entirely out of bounds, being deemed in bounds.

But, in your defense there’s a reason for that ….. you’re just to stupid to comprehend the issue.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for stupid.
Let me summarize that for you, YOU are stupid AND there is NO cure for stupid !

One only has to examine the entire body of your posts to see how you lack any meaningful degree of intelligence.

Your stupidity must limit what you can do for a living.

I can’t imagine that you sit on the board of any charity, unless of course, in the interest of diversity, they want stupidity to be clearly and prominently represented !
in that case your the ideal board member !

Every village and every website has its “idiot” and you were voted as this site’s village idiot.
And ….. had the vote been anonymous the vote would have been unanimous !
Well, maybe not, because you probably would have abstained !
You ‘re that stupid !

I'm really tired of having to break up you two catfighting. If you want to debate the topic at hand, do so. If not, I'm going to start taking posting privileges away from both of you for future unprovoked attacks. The entire free board gets overrun by it.

And if you want to avoid him, stick to The Insider Lounge, because he doesn't seem to post over there.

Reactions: iwish
Hes the OC of their worst offense since 2009

And you're trying to give him praise.... LOL
Since 2020, What’s his win-loss record ?

As Bill Parcells, who knows infinitely more about football than you, along with almost everybody else, stated, you are what your record says you are !

So, what is Tommy Rees’s win-loss record in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.

How many other OC’s can match that record ?

By the way, weren’t you the one that stated that this year’s team “was LOADED with NFL talent at EVERY position” ?

The only credibility given to your knowledge about football is in your own mind !

OUCH. !

Last edited:
I'm really tired of having to break up you two catfighting. If you want to debate the topic at hand, do so. If not, I'm going to start taking posting privileges away from both of you for future unprovoked attacks. The entire free board gets overrun by it.

And if you want to avoid him, stick to The Insider Lounge, because he doesn't seem to post over there.
I may start posting over there! 😜

Since 2020, What’s his win-loss record ?

As Bill Parcells, who knows infinitely more about football than you, along with almost everybody else, stated, you are what your record says you are !

So, what is Tommy Rees’s win-loss record in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.

How many other OC’s can match that record ?

By the way, weren’t you the one that stated that this year’s team “was LOADED with NFL talent at EVERY position” ?

The only credibility given to your knowledge about football is in your own mind !
The win loss record goes to the the HC.

THE OC is evaluated by how their offense performs

The DC is evaluated by how the defense performs.

I thought even you would understand that but somehow you don't LOL

Hes couching the worst offense at Alabama since 2009

Reactions: BGI User 756
The win loss record goes to the the HC.

THE OC is evaluated by how their offense performs

The DC is evaluated by how the defense performs.

I thought even you would understand that but somehow you don't LOL

Hes couching the worst offense at Alabama since 2009
I see, when things don’t go right it’s TR’s fault and when things are good, it’s all due to the HC ?

”The worst offense“. ?

Maybe the opponents playing defense are trying to stop Alabama’s offense.

And maybe, unlike this year’s Notre Dame team, Alabama isn’t loaded with NFL talent at every position, as you claimed ND was ?

Just a thought.

What is Tommy Rees’s Win-Loss record from 2020 to current date ?
Answer the question !

I see, when things don’t go right it’s TR’s fault and when things are good, it’s all due to the HC ?

”The worst offense“. ?

Maybe the opponents playing defense are trying to stop Alabama’s offense.

And maybe, unlike this year’s Notre Dame team, Alabama isn’t loaded with NFL talent at every position, as you claimed ND was ?

Just a thought.

What is Tommy Rees’s Win-Loss record from 2020 to current date ?
Answer the question !
Did you really just say "Maybe the opponents defense are trying to stop Alabamas offense" ???????

Come on you cant be serious anymore lol

Did you really just say "Maybe the opponents defense are trying to stop Alabamas offense" ???????

Come on you cant be serious anymore lol
When it comes down to it, what does Nick Saban know about football when compared to you ?

What was Nick Saban’s intent, what was his goal in his quest to hire an OC ?

Did he want to find a very good OC or a mediocre or poor OC ?

Please tell us what better qualifies you versus Nick Saban when it comes to evaluating coaches and players ?

Please list your curriculum vitae so that we can compare your football knowledge and coaching experience to that of Nick Saban’s !

Thanks

Last edited:

Not as foolish as you posting that you don’t find criticism of Rees on the Alabama board. I don’t visit their board, but folks here posted some Alabama threads regarding Rees during the first three games, and there Was plenty of criticism. None of this really matters to me as I only care about ND football in the present, and we are struggling terribly against good defenses. I think Parker’s inexperience is part of the problem, but I think our receivers are soft; I think Hartman has lost confidence in his receivers; I think Evans absence is huge both as a receiver and blocker; I think our interior OL shows their lack of experience; and we lack discipline at nearly every position in executing to plan on every play. So, excuse me for going off topic, but Rees‘ prior ND performance is of no interest to me, and my only interest in his Alabama performance is one of support for a former ND player. This probably earns me a moron tag from you. That will put me in good company.

Not as foolish as you posting that you don’t find criticism of Rees on the Alabama board. I don’t visit their board, but folks here posted some Alabama threads regarding Rees during the first three games, and there Was plenty of criticism. None of this really matters to me as I only care about ND football in the present, and we are struggling terribly against good defenses. I think Parker’s inexperience is part of the problem, but I think our receivers are soft; I think Hartman has lost confidence in his receivers; I think Evans absence is huge both as a receiver and blocker; I think our interior OL shows their lack of experience; and we lack discipline at nearly every position in executing to plan on every play. So, excuse me for going off topic, but Rees‘ prior ND performance is of no interest to me, and my only interest in his Alabama performance is one of support for a former ND player. This probably earns me a moron tag from you. That will put me in good company.
Don’t take my word for it, or anyone else’s word, go to the Alabama football websites and see for yourself.

No, you haven’t reached “moron” status …… yet !

But stating that you’d be in good company is certainly a step in that direction ! 😜

Reactions: Telx1
Were those two capable of getting into ND?

Don’t take my word for it, or anyone else’s word, go to the Alabama football websites and see for yourself.

No, you haven’t reached “moron” status …… yet !

But stating that you’d be in good company is certainly a step in that direction ! 😜
You probably missed that Harbaugh accepted the suspension. FOR SURE AN INNOCENT MAN DOES THAT, RIGHT PATTI?

Mich and Harbie followed the same plan as Tom Brady and spygate and deflategate. Deflect when asked simple questions; stay quiet when asked direct questions; yell and complain right up until you have to produce evidence in court that exonerates you….then bail. Tom destroyed his phone, Harbie accepted the 3 games after claiming innocence.

Tom Brady Sr must be so embarrassed

So, it’s the play of the QB and not the play calling by the OC ?
Sort of a trollish post, but I'll bite.

Tommy's issues were multiple at Notre Dame.

1. He didn't develop a QB. Ever. And he made bad QB choices.
2. He did not make good second half adjustments. Ever.
3. He was too predictable in his play calling.

At Alabama, none of the above has changed...so far it's only cost hom 1 game because there is a lot of talent on that team, much like there was at Notre dame.

he has however not shown any growth in the above critiques. Right now he is essentially running a similar offense as to what he planned for buchner at ND. And his QB is balling.

he hasn't been challenged with regards to play calling adjustments, and with the dynamic running QB it does hide many of the play calling faults.

At Alabama, none of the above has changed...so far it's only cost hom 1 game because there is a lot of talent on that team, much like there was at Notre dame.

he has however not shown any growth in the above critiques. Right now he is essentially running a similar offense as to what he planned for buchner at ND. And his QB is balling.

he hasn't been challenged with regards to play calling adjustments, and with the dynamic running QB it does hide many of the play calling faults.
Have you emailed Nick Saban to tell him how stupid he is to pay Tommy Rees 6-million guaranteed over 3 seasons?

Did you see Jalen Milroe at the beginning of the year? He was slow in his reads, rarely could find his second or third receiver, ate a bunch of sacks, was a split second too slow to decide to take off and run. Does Tommy Rees get any credit for developing any of these things because that quarterback sure wasn’t playing like this at the beginning of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756
You probably missed that Harbaugh accepted the suspension. FOR SURE AN INNOCENT MAN DOES THAT, RIGHT PATTI?

Mich and Harbie followed the same plan as Tom Brady and spygate and deflategate. Deflect when asked simple questions; stay quiet when asked direct questions; yell and complain right up until you have to produce evidence in court that exonerates you….then bail. Tom destroyed his phone, Harbie accepted the 3 games after claiming innocence.

Tom Brady Sr must be so embarrassed
You seem to be consumed by jealousy and pettiness !
The mark of a small and insignificant man, or rather an excuse for a man

Are you sure that it wasn’t Michigan’s acquiescence that was the driving force behind the acceptance ?
Seems that the BIG 10 agreed to drop the investigation, so tell us exactly what specifically was Harbaugh was guilty of. Please provide proof !

Tom Sr isn’t embarrassed at all and he’s well and in good spirits.
When Aaron Rogers went down we discussed if Jr. would sign with the Jets.
I indicated that if so, he might be the only QB to win a Super Bowl with three different teams.
Tom Brady Sr. is a rock solid guy and a good friend.
And he’s very proud of and extremely close to his son who has won 7 Super Bowls
They have a terrific, close and loving relationship, one to be admired !

Have you or any of the morons on this site who have been critical of that point with Rees ever considered that those QB‘s might have reached their maximum potential and couldn’t be “developed” any further ?

What an interesting concept !

You should let Saban know about the shortcomings you list, maybe he can get a rebate.

But what does Saban know about football compared to you and the other experts on this site.

One last question, with all those flaws that you listed, how on earth did Rees manage to win all those games during his tenure as OC ?

You seem to be consumed by jealousy and pettiness !
The mark of a small and insignificant man, or rather an excuse for a man

Are you sure that it wasn’t Michigan’s acquiescence that was the driving force behind the acceptance ?
Seems that the BIG 10 agreed to drop the investigation, so tell us exactly what specifically was Harbaugh was guilty of. Please provide proof !

Tom Sr isn’t embarrassed at all and he’s well and in good spirits.
When Aaron Rogers went down we discussed if Jr. would sign with the Jets.
I indicated that if so, he might be the only QB to win a Super Bowl with three different teams.
Tom Brady Sr. is a rock solid guy and a good friend.
And he’s very proud of and extremely close to his son who has won 7 Super Bowls
They have a terrific, close and loving relationship, one to be admired !
Lol, what evidence do you have on such?! You put up or shut up.

I stated facts. I’ll list them again for you since you can’t stay on topic.

Fact: Harbie and Mich accepted the suspension. Sorry, my mistake for assuming that you could comprehend that those two parties have been aligned since day one to fight the suspension.

Fact: innocent men and institutions, (to which you proclaimed ad nauseam) ….don’t accept suspensions totaling 30% of their season for nothing. Especially during the period of playing the only 2 ranked teams on their schedule.

Fact: at the 11th hour, just like Tom Brady, when having to show evidence or refute evidence, those 2 Mich men backed down.

Show your evidence that disputes those facts. Period. You were wrong about this, not surprised.

As for the Big10, they presented video evidence on Stallions; they presented witness testimony from CM coaching staff; they presented emails and texts that showed how long this caper has been going on; and they enacted a 3 game suspension which was above the norm under the sportsmanship clause. I’m sure such will be in the ncaa investigation

Thanks for letting us know you are friends with Tom Sr, I missed reading that the past 12 times you shared it

Lol, what evidence do you have on such?! You put up or shut up.

I stated facts. I’ll list them again for you since you can’t stay on topic.

Fact: Harbie and Mich accepted the suspension. Sorry, my mistake for assuming that you could comprehend that those two parties have been aligned since day one to fight the suspension.

Fact: innocent men and institutions, (to which you proclaimed ad nauseam) ….don’t accept suspensions totaling 30% of their season for nothing. Especially during the period of playing the only 2 ranked teams on their schedule.

Fact: at the 11th hour, just like Tom Brady, when having to show evidence or refute evidence, those 2 Mich men backed down.

Show your evidence that disputes those facts. Period. You were wrong about this, not surprised.

As for the Big10, they presented video evidence on Stallions; they presented witness testimony from CM coaching staff; they presented emails and texts that showed how long this caper has been going on; and they enacted a 3 game suspension which was above the norm under the sportsmanship clause. I’m sure such will be in the ncaa investigation

Thanks for letting us know you are friends with Tom Sr, I missed reading that the past 12 times you shared it
Accepting the suspension is Not an admission of guilt !

Obviously you’re not familiar with “NOLO CONTENDERE”

You may recall that Father Jenkins did a similar act with the NCAA

Presenting video evidence of Stalions fails to prove that Harbaugh was complicit.
‘Have someone with a brain explain that to you.

Tom Sr and I talk frequently, mostly about what a jealous, petty moron you are.

OUCH !

Accepting the suspension is Not an admission of guilt !

Obviously you’re not familiar with “NOLO CONTENDERE”

You may recall that Father Jenkins did a similar act with the NCAA

Presenting video evidence of Stalions fails to prove that Harbaugh was complicit.
‘Have someone with a brain explain that to you.

Tom Sr and I talk frequently, mostly about what a jealous, petty moron you are.

OUCH !
lol on your intellectual dishonesty around Harbie.

And nice try that Fr Jenkins and ND was similar, I thought you were able to think?!

You are exposed again Mucci. Take a laxative and have a nice day

Reactions: Golson5

He is a very good OC. That is why the best college coach in the history of the game hired him.

Reactions: notredamerises23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT