ADVERTISEMENT

How many transfers actually pan out?

Dec 29, 2005
I was listening to an interesting discussion on my local sports radio and they debated how many young men that transfer from their original university regardless of star power and become stars/impact players at their next university.

I’m in the Columbus, OH area so they were discussing Buckeye players that transferred to other programs, some were extremely touted (top 150) players, and almost all never broke through at their next destination.

It made me curious, who are the ND players that have transferred or decommitted and were very good players let alone stars at their next University?

Off the top of my head I can’t think of any. I’m sure there are some decommits that were very good players but I can’t think of any players that transferred out that are.

I know back in 2013, I thought Davonte Neal would be a machine at ASU but that never materialized.

Any come to mind?

I was listening to an interesting discussion on my local sports radio and they debated how many young men that transfer from their original university regardless of star power and become stars/impact players at their next university.

I’m in the Columbus, OH area so they were discussing Buckeye players that transferred to other programs, some were extremely touted (top 150) players, and almost all never broke through at their next destination.

It made me curious, who are the ND players that have transferred or decommitted and were very good players let alone stars at their next University?

Off the top of my head I can’t think of any. I’m sure there are some decommits that were very good players but I can’t think of any players that transferred out that are.

I know back in 2013, I thought Davonte Neal would be a machine at ASU but that never materialized.

Any come to mind?
Good question !

There were a few, Alex Anzalone is one who comes to mind.

Any come to mind?
Jalen Guyton

Anzalone was the one I was trying to remember, went to UF and won a title playing for Urban I think.

But with all the wailing and gnashing we can do on the board when a player transfers or flips their commitment, most don’t seem to do all that much in the end.

Paulson Adebo, Elijah Hicks, Donovan Jeter, Pete Werner, Robert Beal.... yikes. We lost them all in the 2017 class and all are in the league right now. That was a brutal decommit class

Elijah Hood was one that crushed me. Alex Anzalone

RONALD DARBY, forgot about him. That one was a killer.

Those are the biggest decommits in the last 12 years

This article is a bit dated/old (2018) but it does give a good breakdown of a lot of the transfers out.
ND Transfers 2014-2018

If we can't think of any or many recently, then I suppose that means maybe it wasn't that big of a loss.

Any come to mind?
No

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT