ADVERTISEMENT

How does this mess get fixed?

Sorry man, but they didn't belong in any of those games. The NC game against Bama... that was obvious they were being led to slaughter. The two playoff appearances... they were not competitive in either of them. They are a product of some really good luck by others losing late in the year.

I think the playoff expansion is going to really expose just how phony this program is. They won't make it out of the first round.
Weren’t Ohio State and Alabama less competitive ?

Didn‘t they lose by more points then ND ?

As to 2012, a questionable early game penalty changed the momentum in that game.

My problem with the 2012 game is that while Saban was preparing his team for the Championship game, Kelly was interviewing with and entertaining quitting and becoming the Eagles head coach.

But, the real truth is that you’re just another anti-Notre Dame douche bag !

We have players with elite speed, we just need to make them a bigger part of our attack. I would get Love 15 plus touches per game, starting tonight. Love with 15 runs and three swing passes would be a great start to turning this around. Play Faison and Incorporate quick slants into our passing game with him and Tyree for a shot at huge yards after catch. Turn Faison and James loose on some shots down the field. I just feel that Love and Faison and James are primed to be stars and hope they are given the opportunity to be major contributors tonight.

Weren’t Ohio State and Alabama less competitive ?

Didn‘t they lose by more points then ND ?

As to 2012, a questionable early game penalty changed the momentum in that game.

My problem with the 2012 game is that while Saban was preparing his team for the Championship game, Kelly was interviewing with and entertaining quitting and becoming the Eagles head coach.

But, the real truth is that you’re just another anti-Notre Dame douche bag !
An early penalty in the 2012 game was a 40 point swing in momentum? Come on man… lol.

Osu or Alabama getting blown out is a rarity. For ND, in those games, it’s the norm.

I can assure you I am not anti Notre dame as you say. I’m more anti bullshit and just tired of the same old same old from a team I grew up watching compete at the highest levels in college football. This program is a shell of what it once was. In many ways it feels like it died when Holtz departed and never recovered.

Until enough people get fed up and quit catering to this program nothing will change I’m afraid.
I will not resort to calling you names on the internet. I never have and have always been respectful to you and just about everyone else. I assume you’re all grown up, I know I am. Let’s act accordingly.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
An early penalty in the 2012 game was a 40 point swing in momentum? Come on man… lol.

Osu or Alabama getting blown out is a rarity. For ND, in those games, it’s the norm.

I can assure you I am not anti Notre dame as you say. I’m more anti bullshit and just tired of the same old same old from a team I grew up watching compete at the highest levels in college football. This program is a shell of what it once was. In many ways it feels like it died when Holtz departed and never recovered.

Until enough people get fed up and quit catering to this program nothing will change I’m afraid.
I will not resort to calling you names on the internet. I never have and have always been respectful to you and just about everyone else. I assume you’re all grown up, I know I am. Let’s act accordingly.
Look at the tape, that penalty, which was questionable, changed the early momentum.

When you disparage the University of Notre Dame you take it to another level and you’ve had a habit of disparaging the University.

Your posts haven’t had a pro-ND tone in the past.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Join the Ivy League. Seriously, ND runs an Ivy League shop, but tries to play semi pro football. CFB has passed ND by and they refuse to or fail to adapt in order to field a NC caliber team. This is and will continue to be the new norm for them.
Hello Pedo

Reactions: BM16
Sorry man, but they didn't belong in any of those games. The NC game against Bama... that was obvious they were being led to slaughter. The two playoff appearances... they were not competitive in either of them. They are a product of some really good luck by others losing late in the year.

I think the playoff expansion is going to really expose just how phony this program is. They won't make it out of the first round.
Let’s see how your Pedo team fares

I was there......Rockne's House was shakin' down the thunder. Incredible course of events....the turnovers were coming like hotcakes. My new nickname for Morrison is "Super Glue". It was capped off by seeing Joe Cool in the house. It was my last trip to SB...and it was one for the photo album.

Look at the tape, that penalty, which was questionable, changed the early momentum.

When you disparage the University of Notre Dame you take it to another level and you’ve had a habit of disparaging the University.

Your posts haven’t had a pro-ND tone in the past.
Disparage the University? Na, the University is fine, its the football program that needs a revamp IMO.

Disparage the University? Na, the University is fine, its the football program that needs a revamp IMO.
Don't agree
Revamp no
Recruiting upswing
Should have beat the # 3 OSU
Gave game away in last 2 minutes
Played 4 ranked teams in 4 consecutive weeks
2 in a row on road
4 games in 4 weeks night games
8 games without a bye week
Pretty brutal
Went 2-2
Tweaking is needed and in game coaching needs to improve
Revamp/ re- build not needed imo

Reactions: BGI User 756
We have players with elite speed, we just need to make them a bigger part of our attack. I would get Love 15 plus touches per game, starting tonight. Love with 15 runs and three swing passes would be a great start to turning this around. Play Faison and Incorporate quick slants into our passing game with him and Tyree for a shot at huge yards after catch. Turn Faison and James loose on some shots down the field. I just feel that Love and Faison and James are primed to be stars and hope they are given the opportunity to be major contributors tonight.
I like love, but I'd actually give more carries to price and keep love where he is.

Price has the best vision of any of the backs in space. I'd love to incorporate some toss plays and counters with price. Maybe even some two back plays with Love.

Reactions: DublinND
Care to comment now?
Happy to. Not really sure what you’re getting at tho?

We put up 250 yards on one of the worst defenses in college football. Please tell me you didn’t watch this game and think, our offense is fixed?

The defense won the game, it was eerily similar to the Clemson game of 2022.

I like love, but I'd actually give more carries to price and keep love where he is.

Price has the best vision of any of the backs in space. I'd love to incorporate some toss plays and counters with price. Maybe even some two back plays with Love.
I hear you. Price is a talent for sure, and he and Love will be the two headed monster next season. They both share some exceptional attributes. I give a slight nod to Love because our OL play has been so marginal, and I think he’s our best back for getting through the slightest seam. But I really want to see Parker get the ball to either in space on sone swing passes, and I want one or both to get More touches in the running game. Estime is great when he hits a hole, but frustrating to watch when he dances behind the line and is much more easily brought down. As is always the case when discussing offense, the play of the OL hugely dictates what runs and which running backs are best suited, and Parker seems tone deaf to this.

Reactions: DublinND

I hear you. Price is a talent for sure, and he and Love will be the two headed monster next season. They both share some exceptional attributes. I give a slight nod to Love because our OL play has been so marginal, and I think he’s our best back for getting through the slightest seam. But I really want to see Parker get the ball to either in space on some swing passes, and add to their touches. Of course, Parker needs to get the passing game working Much better to keep defenses honest; a problem I never envisioned for this team.

And how would you revamp it ?
See thats where I fall down. I am no expert on that matter. But it sure seems like things within the program need to change. I think some of it has to change at the admission level to align with the schools we're playing against better. Its my understanding that this is a big reason why ND can't attract a top level coach. Top coaches know the uphill battle it is to field the type of team that the school and fanbase expects. I'm not saying turn us into Alabama or anything. This also isn't a rub against Freeman. I really like him and I think he will become a great coach. Better than Kelly! haha.

It also seemed to me that we have a big drop off in talent from 1st to 2nd string. There isn't the luxury here of plug and play as it often is with the SEC teams we've faced, or the OSU's of the world for that matter. The top ranked teams have more talent at depth than we do.

See thats where I fall down. I am no expert on that matter. But it sure seems like things within the program need to change. I think some of it has to change at the admission level to align with the schools we're playing against better. Its my understanding that this is a big reason why ND can't attract a top level coach. Top coaches know the uphill battle it is to field the type of team that the school and fanbase expects. I'm not saying turn us into Alabama or anything. This also isn't a rub against Freeman. I really like him and I think he will become a great coach. Better than Kelly! haha.

It also seemed to me that we have a big drop off in talent from 1st to 2nd string. There isn't the luxury here of plug and play as it often is with the SEC teams we've faced, or the OSU's of the world for that matter. The top ranked teams have more talent at depth than we do.
We arw only lacking at a few spots. WR, S and a pass rusher.

We have plenty of talent and depth at most positions. Rb, te, cb, ol

Reactions: Irish_inPSU

ND isn’t going to change their admission’s standards in order to accept dumber athletes

You didn’t answer how you would revamp the program other than to say that ND should lower their admission standards

Surely there’s more to revamping the program other than lowering the admission standards

Happy to. Not really sure what you’re getting at tho?

We put up 250 yards on one of the worst defenses in college football. Please tell me you didn’t watch this game and think, our offense is fixed?

The defense won the game, it was eerily similar to the Clemson game of 2022.
You put up 250 yards with an average starting position of your own 47 yard line.

And actually that makes it pretty Impressive.

Details matter

Reactions: francade
You put up 250 yards with an average starting position of your own 47 yard line.

And actually that makes it pretty Impressive.

Details matter
I was screaming and cheering just like the rest of the Irish faithful. Great win and you’re right about the short fields. We capitalized off the short fields and that was great.

But, 4 of our 5 punts were on drives of 4 offensive plays or less. It was great program win but in my eyes the jury is still out on the offense.

Grad transfers (OL/DL) from Ivy League and schools like Duke, Georgia Tech and Stanford

ND has good receivers. Some can get separation. The problem is that Parker is falling into the same schemes that Rees did. Tyree had a game where he caught a great pass and made yardage after the catch. QB never went to him the rest of the game. Faison gets open and scores TD. qb NEVER GOES TO HIM AGAIN. Pattern here? Parker's schemes need adjusted!!! They can't continually rely on Evans[and I'm a huge fan of his play]. D's will adjust. I've seen where Thomas and Greathouse and even Flores have gotten separation only to not get a target and the throw ends up to a sideline for 5-6 yd gain when ND could've had 25+ yds. Is that on QB or Parker's schemes. I'm going with the latter.
Your first sentence is not true. The receiving corps has 2 freshmen who are the most reliable of the group. The rest have done very little this year. I thought Stuckey was supposed to be a major improvement over Alexander.

And on what basis are you able to evaluate each year’s roster ?

What are your football and evaluative credentials.

If you win every game during the season, HOW do you “luck into the playoffs” ?

Could it possibly be that you know nothing about football ?
I understand F+ has a lot of pseudo-criticism and controversy around here but when a program ranks in the very same range of 10-15th for like 8 of the last 10 seasons (the 2 off years were bad down years) while not deviating in their recruiting in any way and while hiring a lesser status, lesser expensive, lesser seasoned slate of coaches, it isn't hard to figure out what the outlook is.

In regards to Alabama it's the same indicators but those indicators still put them squarely at the top among the t1. Saban used to match his #1/#2 classes interchangeably while being locked in the top 3 or so in F+ for many years on end. The last couple years Alabama hasn't been locked in the top 3 in F+ anymore, suggesting that that program isn't matching their previous performance.

This doesn't mean Alabama isn't going to win a national title, even a declining Saban with the nations best collection of 85 football players in the sport is always a threat for a national title, but Saban is starting to get old and show some chinks in the armor.

I understand F+ has a lot of pseudo-criticism and controversy around here but when a program ranks in the very same range of 10-15th for like 8 of the last 10 seasons (the 2 off years were bad down years) while not deviating in their recruiting in any way and while hiring a lesser status, lesser expensive, lesser seasoned slate of coaches, it isn't hard to figure out what the outlook is.

In regards to Alabama it's the same indicators but those indicators still put them squarely at the top among the t1. Saban used to match his #1/#2 classes interchangeably while being locked in the top 3 or so in F+ for many years on end. The last couple years Alabama hasn't been locked in the top 3 in F+ anymore, suggesting that that program isn't matching their previous performance.

This doesn't mean Alabama isn't going to win a national title, even a declining Saban with the nations best collection of 85 football players in the sport is always a threat for a national title, but Saban is starting to get old and show some chinks in the armor.
It’s true that Saban is getting older.

But what are the chinks in his armor ?

It’s true that Saban is getting older.

But what are the chinks in his armor ?
Did you read my post? I addressed that right here:

Saban used to match his #1/#2 [recruiting] classes interchangeably while being locked in the top 3 or so in F+ for many years on end. The last couple years Alabama hasn't been locked in the top 3 in F+ anymore, suggesting that that program isn't matching their previous performance.

Actually Alabama hasn't been ranked outside of the top 2 in F+ over the last 3 years, I apparently need to double check the information before posting. I apologize for my error. That single data point changes my opinion substantially, and today's big win vs Tennessee is only going to move up Alabama in the F+ rankings from their current 9th position, so who knows, Saban might finish in the top 2 in F+ yet again this season with no decline in sight.

Actually Alabama hasn't been ranked outside of the top 2 in F+ over the last 3 years, I apparently need to double check the information before posting. I apologize for my error. That single data point changes my opinion substantially, and today's big win vs Tennessee is only going to move up Alabama in the F+ rankings from their current 9th position, so who knows, Saban might finish in the top 2 in F+ yet again this season with no decline in sight.
How about you watch some games instead of reading data

Are you stating that I was correct in challenging you regarding your contention that Saban was declining ?

We do agree on one thing ….. he is getting older !

I think you’re both correct. We deserved to be there but our teams were not at a caliber to compete.

That was a time where 3 teams were head and shoulders above the rest.
This^^^^^

OSU, Bama, and Clemson had just been steam rolling everyone. OU was good but got molly whopped similar to ND a few times in the playoffs.

2020 was NDs best playoff showing/attempt. ND gave Bama a more difficult playoff game that year than OSU did. I love what Book did for ND but you give ND a truly top five QB that year, they have a legit shot to win it all IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT