ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question: Why does ND struggle to recruit RBs these days?

I am and that's fair enough. There's still a long way to go until players in this class sign. I HOPE & PRAY that Freeman can change our recruiting for the better but losing Keon Keeley, Dante Moore and Jason Moore hurts. We lose Peyton Bowen to OU or A&M, its really going to hurt. We shall see...
We didn’t have the Moores ….

we didn’t win them but neither did the current tier programs for Dante

Who in the f are you? If my posts offend your little ego, block me. The last thing I'm going to stand for is someone threatening me on this board. What exactly will I regret? You going to beat me up tough guy? Stop being a keyboard warrior and if you don't like what I'm saying, prove me wrong with facts. Also, you obviously don't understand recruiting. Where we stand right now with either the '23 or '24 class is irrelevant until these players sign. Now... go try to intimidate someone else cause I ain't the one.
But then how can you, in another post, say we lost the Moores and lost Keeley? You just said such above! But now you suggest we don’t have the 23 and 24 class locked up, and as such, dismiss it? But you also write off those 3 I mentioned (and you had posted)

I think savvy, as much as the asshat he is, might have you pegged correctly

But then how can you, in another post, say we lost the Moores and lost Keeley? You just said such above! But now you suggest we don’t have the 23 and 24 class locked up, and as such, dismiss it? But you also write off those 3 I mentioned (and you had posted)

I think savvy, as much as the asshat he is, might have you pegged correctly
No sir. What I said was, "Where we stand right now with either the '23 or '24 class is irrelevant until these players sign." Is that incorrect or are we counting verbals as 100% solid now? And as far as what ole Sassy said about me, lol, believe what you want brother. It literally means nothing to me. But I do appreciate your 2 cents!

We didn’t have the Moores ….

we didn’t win them but neither did the current tier programs for Dante
According to the ND recruiting moderators, both were trending towards ND and several had entered predictions that we would land Jason and Dante Moore. Jason Moore did go to one of the elites in Ohio State. You are correct on Dante as he landed at Oregon. Keeley was our 1st '23 recruit and once he started to move up the rankings, and the money started entering the conversation, he dropped us and it appears to be a battle between 'Bama and Ohio State.

So we can't be friends? And thank you for your psychological evaluation of me. Now here's mine of you... You're a bully on this board. Someone says something you don't like and your response is, "you'll regret it." Like I said, I'm not the one and you DO NOT intimidate me. All I asked was for you to support your argument with facts and you've been ducking and dodging that request. I'm not going to "slow my role" or anything else you've requested. Like I said earlier, feel free to block me and go back to your safe space.
Alright, dude. Sounds good.

What is it about these free message boards that attracts people like you? You just challenged me, seemingly with a straight face, to, as you put it, support my argument with facts.... And I'm not even sure if you're trolling when you say that! Like, that's what you might actually say to people. And you talk to strangers that way.

Good lord, is all I can say, how did the ND community devolve into this.....

Alright, dude. Sounds good.

What is it about these free message boards that attracts people like you? You just challenged me, seemingly with a straight face, to, as you put it, support my argument with facts.... And I'm not even sure if you're trolling when you say that! Like, that's what you might actually say to people. And you talk to strangers that way.

Good lord, is all I can say, how did the ND community devolve into this.....
Shit... How do I get access to this site for free? I'm paying $99.95 a year. I talk to strangers the same way they talk to me. I'm respectful until I'm threatened and then its on. Not sure what your expectation is of the "ND community". Are we all just supposed to be happy and content with our mediocrity and occasional successful seasons which end in us getting blown out by elite teams? We can't discuss what we believe is hindering ND from returning to the elite levels of CFB? You're all pissy because I took the time to break down our recruiting woes? My whole point is that while we are recruiting better in '23 and '24, we CANNOT hang our collective hats on it until each player signs and we have to land elite players like Keeley, Bowen, Moore and Moore. That's all.

Shit... How do I get access to this site for free? I'm paying $99.95 a year. I talk to strangers the same way they talk to me. I'm respectful until I'm threatened and then its on. Not sure what your expectation is of the "ND community". Are we all just supposed to be happy and content with our mediocrity and occasional successful seasons which end in us getting blown out by elite teams? We can't discuss what we believe is hindering ND from returning to the elite levels of CFB? You're all pissy because I took the time to break down our recruiting woes? My whole point is that while we are recruiting better in '23 and '24, we CANNOT hang our collective hats on it until each player signs and we have to land elite players like Keeley, Bowen, Moore and Moore. That's all.
Why do you keep saying that I'm threatening you? WTF are you talking about?

And I do not want to hear any of your lunatic recruiting ravings. You know the fact that you might actually be serious, and really are filled with some measure of angst on account of ND's current recruiting situation, is way more disconcerting than the prospect of you simply using it as trolling fodder.

Anyway, I guess I haven't put you on ignore yet. I should probably do that......

Why do you keep saying that I'm threatening you? WTF are you talking about?

And I do not want to hear any of your lunatic recruiting ravings. You know the fact that you might actually be serious, and really are filled with some measure of angst on account of ND's current recruiting situation, is way more disconcerting than the prospect of you simply using it as trolling fodder.

Anyway, I guess I haven't put you on ignore yet. I should probably do that......
OK Sassy.... Please go to bed or stop drinking. Re-read your initial post to me. This was your closing statement, "And if you really are an honest to goodness new poster, and not just some troll with a new account, you don't want to go down the same road as whoever this chaseball person is. You'll regret it." What am I going to regret, Sassy? And your accusations and unfounded assessment of me simply because we disagree about ND recruiting is pretty juvenile. I laid out the numbers. I supported my argument with facts. You just name call and act like the "ND Community" is going to hell in a hand-basket. We can't be passionate about a team we love? GTFOH dude.

OK Sassy.... Please go to bed or stop drinking. Re-read your initial post to me. This was your closing statement, "And if you really are an honest to goodness new poster, and not just some troll with a new account, you don't want to go down the same road as whoever this chaseball person is. You'll regret it." What am I going to regret, Sassy? And your accusations and unfounded assessment of me simply because we disagree about ND recruiting is pretty juvenile. I laid out the numbers. I supported my argument with facts. You just name call and act like the "ND Community" is going to hell in a hand-basket. We can't be passionate about a team we love? GTFOH dude.
Oh shit. I just meant you don't want to turn out like that guy. He's this pitiful dude who makes these strange posts aggressively complaining about nonexistent recruiting deficiencies, almost as if its a cry for help or something. And you don't want to be that kind of person, because why would anyone want to be like that? But I guess you took that as some sort of threat to you. That definitely figures.....

Like I said, HOW THE F DOES THIS MESSAGE BOARD GET ALL THESE TROLLS???? It's like it's a bright, fluorescent lamp, and all the little bugs collect around it. It really is a damn shame.....

Oh shit. I just meant you don't want to turn out like that guy. He's this pitiful dude who makes these strange posts aggressively complaining about nonexistent recruiting deficiencies, almost as if its a cry for help or something. And you don't want to be that kind of person, because why would anyone want to be like that? But I guess you took that as some sort of threat to you. That definitely figures.....

Like I said, HOW THE F DOES THIS MESSAGE BOARD GET ALL THESE TROLLS???? It's like it's a bright, fluorescent lamp, and all the little bugs collect around it. It really is a damn shame.....
Please keep your word and block me....

“Sure but don’t remember many TEs taking over games like Floyd fuller claypool did at times or Williams at rb even fester Williams Adam’s a few times…. Eifert never even had 100 yards in a game”

I don’t think a TE has to have gaudy numbers to dictate games. Sometimes the defense will put extra attention on them (doubling them happened very often), which opens up the offense for others to put up the gaudy numbers, but if you don’t remember Rudolph, eifert, Niklas, or Mayer, to name a few, forcing the opponent to pay extra attention to them, then maybe you don’t understand how the position works & how it opens things up. But I get it, we’ve had some great TEs and that doesn’t fit your narrative of constantly bitching about position groups at ND, so you’re gonna downplay their importance.

“Sure but don’t remember many TEs taking over games like Floyd fuller claypool did at times or Williams at rb even fester Williams Adam’s a few times…. Eifert never even had 100 yards in a game”

I don’t think a TE has to have gaudy numbers to dictate games. Sometimes the defense will put extra attention on them (doubling them happened very often), which opens up the offense for others to put up the gaudy numbers, but if you don’t remember Rudolph, eifert, Niklas, or Mayer, to name a few, forcing the opponent to pay extra attention to them, then maybe you don’t understand how the position works & how it opens things up. But I get it, we’ve had some great TEs and that doesn’t fit your narrative of constantly bitching about position groups at ND, so you’re gonna downplay their importance.
This is so dumb…. I’ve never complained about TE position group I said yes in college typically aren’t game changers even the best ones…. Mayer will probably go top 20 in draft and his impact was minimal vs osu …. A wr that would be drafted top 20 would have had much more of an impact

Lots of good comments and I like the OP. It goes along with other threads on the talent in depth issue, especially in skill positions.

Brooks, Bettis, Brown, the Rocket? ND was once loaded with such playmakers. In depth.

Reactions: adrian1477
The only player on the field for us today that was a game breaker was our TE. If we had any players at the skilled positions that were even nearly as good as him, we’’d be 2-0.

“They do when complementing good wide receivers. It's a matchup nightmare.

When your #1 receuver is the TE and quite possibly the #2 best receiver on the team is the backup TE...
Sort of backs you right into a corner.”

I was responding to a poster that said we have no game breakers at any positions. That’s not true. Our TE was a game breaker yesterday. Kyren was a game breaker the last two seasons too. But, the problem is we don’t have any others. To argue that the TE can’t be a game breaker is stupid, but that won’t stop people like you and others to try and convince everybody that you’re right. The only game breaker yesterday was our TE. He was the only reason we scored two TDs when the rest of the offense looked like shit. If we get players relatively close to how good our TEs have been in the past, our troubles would wane. But by all means, go ahead and make the TE position not important and meaningless in the game breaking sense. But don’t expect me to agree. That’s a dumb take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT