ADVERTISEMENT

Hire Fleck

This Fleck guy is one season wonder.. K-State or Iowa state coaches would be much better hires..

Fleck took over a very average WMU team (his first head coaching gig) - took him a few years to get the program going but brought them to 13-1 (1 loss to #6 Wisconsin).

In his (now) 3rd year at UM his team is 9-0 - just knocked off the #4 team in the country w/ a roster not exactly loaded w/ top-ten talent.

Although I do agree that Fleck would need to prove himself at this level over the long term for the college football world to put a lot of faith in him

Let’s see: PSU throat punched Michigan. Michigan clown stomps Kelly. Fleck has Minnesota Competitive and maybe winning against no 4 PSU if they don’t choke.

PSU didn’t “throat punch” Michigan and was fortunate to win in the first place as the Wolverines outplayed the Lions for large chunks of the game. Iowa played PSU to at least a standstill.

PSU vs. Iowa
Total yards, 356 to 294, Iowa
1st downs, 21 to 20, Iowa

PSU vs. Michigan
Total yards, 417 to 283, Michigan
1st downs, 26 to 14, Michigan
Time of possession: 38 minutes to 22 minutes, Michigan

Frankly, PSU should never have been a top 5 team.

Fleck took over a very average WMU team (his first head coaching gig) - took him a few years to get the program going but brought them to 13-1 (1 loss to #6 Wisconsin).

In his (now) 3rd year at UM his team is 9-0 - just knocked off the #4 team in the country w/ a roster not exactly loaded w/ top-ten talent.

Although I do agree that Fleck would need to prove himself at this level over the long term for the college football world to put a lot of faith in him
What BK did at Cincinnati was more impressive than Fleck at WMU.

All Fleck has done at Minnesota is win one big home game against a top tenish team. Great win for them but that's all hes done there

All Fleck has done at Minnesota is win one big home game against a top tenish team. Great win for them but that's all hes done there

1) As I implied - the jury is still out on Fleck - needs a larger body of work at his current (Big-Ten) level to get a more accurate evaluation.

2) The Big East (Cincinnati during Kelly's Tenure) IMHO, ain't exactly a top-level conference.

Last edited:
1) As I implied - the jury is still out on Fleck - needs a larger body of work at his current (Big-Ten) level to get a more accurate evaluation.

2) The Big East (Cincinnati during Kelly's Tenure) IMHO, ain't exactly a top-level conference.
On no. 2...I know. And it was still more impressive than Fleck at WMU

Disagree. He already has a better win than Brian Kelly has had in 30 years of coaching.

Gerry Faust beat # 1 Pitt on the road. One game does not make a Notre Dame head coach.
I won’t disagree, but the man has done more than that Penn State game. He’s better than BK is now and at this point in his career as well. He’s accomplishing more with less too just to make matters worse. BK was still coaching a D2 school at that point.

I won’t disagree, but the man has done more than that Penn State game. He’s better than BK is now and at this point in his career as well. He’s accomplishing more with less too just to make matters worse. BK was still coaching a D2 school at that point.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Kelly will be on the sidelines at ND next year. You might as well wrap your mind around that.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Kelly will be on the sidelines at ND next year. You might as well wrap your mind around that.
I believe you. That’s why I’m bitching. I like BK, I just want an upgrade. I’ll take him over the alternatives being brought up by most on here with the exception of one man.

Last edited:
He's good enough to have his team undefeated. He's shaky enough to have his team trailing South Dakota State, Fresno State and Georgia Southern in the fourth quarter of games this season.

Just seemed appropriate to bump this after BK destroys #23 and Lord PJ loses to #20

Fleck is a top coach. He beat Penn State and barely lost to Iowa. The guy is winning with a team full of kids that wouldn’t play at ND and he’d probably beat ND.

If we are looking for a future coach, he’d be at the top of any list. BK is good, but his days are numbered. The man is getting old. You’re a fool if you think Fleck wouldn’t be dominating with ND’s players. If he had ND’s kids at MN they’d win the Big 10.

Don't forget his cheesy slogan 'row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.'

You know when the adults in the room want to hear your useless opinions we will ask.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Fleck will lose to Wisconsin and if they play a good team in their bowl game, he'll lose that game too.

He took over a 9 win team and went 12 and 13 in his first 2 years. Minnesota had the 72nd ranked schedule this year. Hes won one big home game against a good but not great Ped state. Relax on the Fleck nonsense

Reactions: ftnfan62
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT