ADVERTISEMENT

Hire Fleck

Fleck ALWAYS improves a program when he takes over. I think he would be a good fit here. While we're at it, bring the gold from Minnesota's helmets. Looks so much better than ours!

Fleck ALWAYS improves a program when he takes over. I think he would be a good fit here. While we're at it, bring the gold from Minnesota's helmets. Looks so much better than ours!
Helps when you have a QB who can make accurate downfield throws!

True, but there's something about their scheme that gets receivers more open. Minnesota just looks like a well coached team, which too often we dont. Would love to see what Fleck could do with our recruiting.

He is not, and if you really believe this it proves you have no football IQ.
You have no idea and neither do I. He’s young and reminds me of an youthful Urban. The fact that you’re so sure of yourself proves you have no IQ at all.

Last edited:
College athletics is littered with guys who were successful at small schools.
Skip Holtz comes to mind, did fantastic at UConn and even La Tech, at South Florida not so much.
Sonny Dykes, started at La Tech than flames out at Cal, is now back at SMU and winning at a smaller school.
And for every Urban who comes out of the MAC, there’s a Tim Beckman or Darrell Hazel or Charlie Strong

I am not on board with firing Kelly at this juncture. However, the idea of Fleck being at ND someday certainly gives me excitement. Love his energy/enthusiasm on the sideline. And his boys are going all-out for him.

College athletics is littered with guys who were successful at small schools.
Skip Holtz comes to mind, did fantastic at UConn and even La Tech, at South Florida not so much.
Sonny Dykes, started at La Tech than flames out at Cal, is now back at SMU and winning at a smaller school.
And for every Urban who comes out of the MAC, there’s a Tim Beckman or Darrell Hazel or Charlie Strong
Fleck is NOT Skip

The won their first 3 against Fresno state, San Diego state and Ga Souter by 3 each.

Happy they are up but not sure that’s an elite resume or coach yet.

The won their first 3 against Fresno state, San Diego state and Ga Souter by 3 each.

Happy they are up but not sure that’s an elite resume or coach yet.
Let’s see: PSU throat punched Michigan. Michigan clown stomps Kelly. Fleck has Minnesota Competitive and maybe winning against no 4 PSU if they don’t choke.

Last edited:
Congrats PJ FLECK! Imagine if you had strong recruiting.

Impressive win!!!!!!!!

these young coaches that Pennick derides are not best judged by 1,2 or 3 years or 1 or 2 stops along the way. Patience, they are works in process.

The copertoppers?

Just a hunch, but BK is and will be the HC until he's not. What makes you all think Fleck wants to coach at ND? Maybe he wants the SC gig? Maybe he wants to stay at Minny.

Yea it amazes me that in BK’s entire tenure at ND the QB play has gotten worse. Don’t blame Book, blame BK and the staff. That’s player development.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
You do not know this, they both belong in the conversation as well as Meyer if he’ll listen.
Sure. I don’t really think Rhule is the guy. He’s just never really beaten anyone great. Fleck has done it all and his energy will bring so many recruits to ND. He’s elite and it’s absurd to argue otherwise after what he did today.

Sure. I don’t really think Rhule is the guy. He’s just never really beaten anyone great. Fleck has done it all and his energy will bring so many recruits to ND. He’s elite and it’s absurd to argue otherwise after what he did today.
Baylor's schedule is harder and they are under some type of sanction from the Briles fiasco.

Harder than PSU, Wisconsin, and Ohio State?? Let’s see how this plays out. Goophers would roll Baylor.

I meant thus far. Both will probably lose to the big dogs of the conference. the BUG has more but they have 14 teams.

This Fleck guy is one season wonder.. K-State or Iowa state coaches would be much better hires..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT