ADVERTISEMENT

Good Luck Tony

Good decision for Tony. He was a warrior for us this past season, and nothing to be gained draft wise or career longevity wise, putting more wear and tear on his body. Wish him the best.

Reactions: d1042 and napy2121
Good luck Tony. I really felt your last game was one of your best. Other than the 84 yard run, the way Rees used you as a downfield blocker on WR crossing routes was masterful. You kept multiple drives alive with your downfield blocking ability.

My favorite Tony Jones Jr moment

Good luck Tony. I really felt your last game was one of your best. Other than the 84 yard run, the way Rees used you as a downfield blocker on WR crossing routes was masterful. You kept multiple drives alive with your downfield blocking ability.

My favorite Tony Jones Jr moment
This 100% this

Terrible decision.

He will be lucky to even get drafted.

He lacks elite NFL speed. He will need a All Pro oline or he will be lucky to make a roster.

Tony is no where near the talent Dexter or Adams is and they are struggling to find a place.

One more year would have helped him.

Reactions: TheSodFather
Terrible decision.

He lacks elite NFL speed. He will need a All Pro oline or he will be lucky to make a roster.

Tony is no where near the talent Dexter or Adams is and they are struggling to find a place.

Nah, he’s hit his ceiling and now has a full year extra of earning potential in the event that he can find a place.

Terrible decision.

Hes going to give the Nfl one shot and move on with his post football life. Nothing would change from this year to next.

Hes unlikely to play in the NFL now, next year, or 5 years from now. Hes moving on with his life and he probably knows that

Terrible decision.

Dexter and Josh don’t have the all around skill set Tony does. He might find a place as a good all around third down type of back. He’s not going to become a track star by coming back though.

Too many fans criticized him for who he wasn't instead of appreciating who he was. I, for one, always liked that he consistently put in the work and became the best version of himself that he could. Hopefully, all the other RBs in the room will learn from his example.

"Going into the game, I knew the question about me was about my speed," Jones said of his run in the Camping World Bowl. "Do I have breakaway speed?

"When I broke out, I was telling myself not to get caught. I scored and I looked at my dad and he shrugged his shoulders. That was the answer to the question.

"I'm fast, but I never ran track or anything. I don't have technique to my running. If I can add that to my game, then it would be over."

Dexter and Josh don’t have the all around skill set Tony does. He might find a place as a good all around third down type of back. He’s not going to become a track star by coming back though.
Id rather have their skillset than his all aroung game

He is not a playmaker against top teams. Next year could have given him that opportunity to make big plays in big games.

Are you seriously saying Tony is a better back than Josh and Dex?

He is not a playmaker against top teams. Next year could have given him that opportunity to make big plays in big games.

Not at all. But those 2 guys were home run hitters. The NFL isn’t necessarily looking for that anymore. They want RBs who can be involved in the passing game too as a receiver (not just screens either), pass pro, etc. Tony is a poor man’s Theo Riddick who can run with a little more power inside. He’s not going to be a star, but he may be able to find a niche. And if he can’t, one more year here wasn’t going to change that.

Terrible decision.

How so ? Nothing was going to change for him from a skills standpoint.

H
Those guys were certainly better at actually running the ball. It's a shame neither were very adept at the other aspects of playing the position. I'd take Adams over the other two by a wide margin.

Reactions: Zorich 88
How so ? Nothing was going to change for him from a skills standpoint.
I don’t think the young man gets drafted.

Come back, make a couple big plays in big games and his stock could rise.

Either way, seems like a great young man now that now has the golden ticket a degree from Notre Dame.

I don’t think the young man gets drafted.

Come back, make a couple big plays in big games and his stock could rise.

Either way, seems like a great young man now that now has the golden ticket a degree from Notre Dame.
I read where one respected analyst projects him as a 4th or 5th rounder. Who knows ? I do think he makes a team and would be a special teams beast.

Tony had 878 yds rushing and 114 receiving. 7 TDs. Only Claypool had more yds from scrimmage.

Tony was one of the reasons we were in the top ten in sacks allowed this year.

Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT