ADVERTISEMENT

Good Game Irish fans

BucksLAN

Future coach
Nov 9, 2008
That was a hell of a game the Irish played. I know it hurts but you guys should be very proud of your football team.

No one can question the toughness of the Irish after that one. I'm still peeved (and jealous) of how much tougher ND was running the ball, literally running it down our throat, and how OSU for the most part just couldn't stop it. That's the kind of football I'd love to see OSU get back to but clearly they aren't there. I still think OSU holds the edge on the perimeter but ND clearly is the better team on both sides of the line and that sucks to admit.

Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully ND finds their way into the playoffs.

LOL… thanks, dude and good luck to y’all too. We’ll have to agree to disagree about the perimeter. IMO ND’s the better team across the board save a couple of WR’s.

That was a hell of a game the Irish played. I know it hurts but you guys should be very proud of your football team.

No one can question the toughness of the Irish after that one. I'm still peeved (and jealous) of how much tougher ND was running the ball, literally running it down our throat, and how OSU for the most part just couldn't stop it. That's the kind of football I'd love to see OSU get back to but clearly they aren't there. I still think OSU holds the edge on the perimeter but ND clearly is the better team on both sides of the line and that sucks to admit.

Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully ND finds their way into the playoffs.
Great game.

Maybe we’ll see you again in Jan……

Go Beat Harbaugh and Michigan for us.

That kinda makes no sense
The Irish coaching staff decided to stop running the ball down your throat and there lays the tale of the game.
Hope to see you in a future game this year but the Irish hands are full at this point

I apologize for the classless ass holes who insult you thanks for your post.

According to Ryan Day ND is soft and Ohio is tough. And Lou Holtz is an asshole.

Ryan Day looks like an extra in the Deliverance with that ****in hillbilly beard.

• Haha
Reactions: HarlemIrish
According to Ryan Day ND is soft and Ohio is tough. And Lou Holtz is an asshole.

Ryan Day looks like an extra in the Deliverance with that ****in hillbilly beard.
There’s no doubt that Holtz’s comments fired Day up and added additional fuel to the fire.

Reactions: Wiscobrutus

So classy.

11545106-1412891847-640x360.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's what they look like fired up they are soft.......they should thann ND offensive coaching staff for getting away from what was working
If you saw the post-game interview with Day, then you know that Holtz’s comment fired him up and that he used it to motivate his team. And, they sure didn’t play soft !

BucksLAN, thanks for being a respectful poster here. Sorry your post has called out some of the children on this board, but as you probably know from your own message boards, there are all kinds that post here.

Good luck with your season. It was a good game. Just sorry that ND decided to give it away in the end!

If you saw the post-game interview with Day, then you know that Holtz’s comment fired him up and that he used it to motivate his team. And, they sure didn’t play soft !
Did you see a motivated buckeye Team? I didn't I seen a team that capitalize on multiple mistakes NOT a team that dominated the game from a speech......maybe soft was a poor choice of words and for that I apologize to the OSU fans here but a motivated team they were not

I am hoping ND and Ohio State meet for a rematch in the Orange Bowl in December.

Did you see a motivated buckeye Team? I didn't I seen a team that capitalize on multiple mistakes NOT a team that dominated the game from a speech......maybe soft was a poor choice of words and for that I apologize to the OSU fans here but a motivated team they were not
What did I miss ?

I saw OSU stop a game ending ND drive and then I saw them go 65 yards to score the winning TD

THAT SEEMED MOTIVATED TO ME !

You missed stating the ND offense got away from what was working and gave the dall back to OSU and the ND defense tried defending the goal line twice with a man short.....that not motivation thats showing yourself in the foot

You missed stating the ND offense got away from what was working and gave the dall back to OSU and the ND defense tried defending the goal line twice with a man short.....that not motivation thats showing yourself in the foot
Exactly Holtz s comments meant absolutely nothing to this game.
To think that the comments from an 86 yr old man who last coached ND 27 years ago meant anything re OSU players motivation for last drive after 58 minutes of football is absurd bordering on hilarious.
Ryan Day is a weak bitch with a profound insecurity problem.
His players played a very hard and clean game.
Day and the OSU fan base are a low rent band of miscreants and asshats .Who do deserve every bit of bad Karma hopefully heading their way.

Exactly Holtz s comments meant absolutely nothing to this game.
To think that the comments from an 86 yr old man who last coached ND 27 years ago meant anything re OSU players motivation for last drive after 58 minutes of football is absurd bordering on hilarious.
Ryan Day is a weak bitch with a profound insecurity problem.
His players played a very hard and clean game.
Day and the OSU fan base are a low rent band of miscreants and asshats .Who do deserve every bit of bad Karma hopefully heading their way.
We disagree.
Why wouldn’t you use Holtz calling your team “soft” to motivate your team in the pre-game locker room ?

We disagree.
Why wouldn’t you use Holtz calling your team “soft” to motivate your team in the pre-game locker room ?
Holtz was a straw man. The 18 - 23 yr old OSU players don't give a sh.t about 86 yr old Lou Holtz. They were geeked to the max motivation wise by playing a top 10 ranked ND on Saturday night [ game of the week] at ND . Still the Mecca of college football. Holtz s comments about them being " soft " didn't even create a ripple in their pond. Bc everyone in college football media has been saying the same thing about OSU since Michigan smash mouthed and physically beat up OSU 2 yrs in a row with convincing wins.
That was Ryan Days best Deion Sanders impersonation " it's Personal " routine. Aka " where's Lou Holtz now " " everybody talks down Ohio. It's Ohio vs the world "
Ryan Day is an unoriginal weak azz bitch and clown show.
And what he pulled after a last sec win in a great game immediately after the game and then in the locker room was pure clown show

Holtz was a straw man. The 18 - 23 yr old OSU players don't give a sh.t about 86 yr old Lou Holtz. They were geeked to the max motivation wise by playing a top 10 ranked ND on Saturday night [ game of the week] at ND . Still the Mecca of college football. Holtz s comments about them being " soft " didn't even create a ripple in their pond. Bc everyone in college football media has been saying the same thing about OSU since Michigan smash mouthed and physically beat up OSU 2 yrs in a row with convincing wins.
That was Ryan Days best Deion Sanders impersonation " it's Personal " routine. Aka " where's Lou Holtz now " " everybody talks down Ohio. It's Ohio vs the world "
And what he pulled after a last sec win in a great game immediately after the game and then in the locker room was pure clown show
It doesn’t matter if he was a straw man, you use Holtz as being representatIve of Notre Dame‘s opinion of you, you interchange the two.

Believe me, I could give a motivational locker room talk just by using Holtz’s remarks.

Holtz’s remarks are exactly what you’re looking for as billboard material.

Last year is irrelevant

Agree. Anyone who needed to hear an 86 year old former ND coach talk smack to motivate them is clearly not a competitor.

It reminds me of people saying how Manti motivated the team to try harder. Its an insult to everyone on the team.

Agree. Anyone who needed to hear an 86 year old former ND coach talk smack to motivate them is clearly not a competitor.

It reminds me of people saying how Manti motivated the team to try harder. Its an insult to everyone on the team.
You guys are beyond obtuse.

If you’re the coach you don’t say “Lou Holtz” you say: “Do you know what they’re saying about us at Notre Dame ? They’re saying that we’re SOFT, that we can’t win important games.….. etc. etc. You fire the team up, just like Ara and Lou did.

So you’re saying that team leaders don’t motivate their players ?
That breaking out the green jerseys after warmups didn’t motivate the team ?
That Manti didn’t motivate ND in 2012 ?
That Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor didn’t motivate their teams/

If so you’re clueless.

It‘s not an insult, it’s inspirational !

Day was pandering to the boosters and fanbase. He knows he has skeptics in Bucknut land and he played the Holtz drama card.
Lou was asked a question and he answered it. If the Irish would have pushed back another inch or two and won the game...the Bucknut fans would of been calling for Day's head. Especially with the Irish only have ten players on the field.
Day is a putz for his post game antics regarding Lou. Instead of being a gracious winner he behaved in typical OSU asinine arrogance.

Day was pandering to the boosters and fanbase. He knows he has skeptics in Bucknut land and he played the Holtz drama card.
Lou was asked a question and he answered it. If the Irish would have pushed back another inch or two and won the game...the Bucknut fans would of been calling for Day's head. Especially with the Irish only have ten players on the field.
Day is a putz for his post game antics regarding Lou. Instead of being a gracious winner he behaved in typical OSU asinine arrogance.
Holtz should have kept his mouth shut, he called the entire program soft and brought up all the losses under Day. There's plenty of ways to motivate your team without bashing the opponent. Day's response was awesome and people love him for it. Let it be a lesson why you don't ever open your mouth before a game in any sport.

• Haha
Reactions: irishalice
You literally just answered it yourself why Ryan Day brought up the toughness comments, because people like you are keeping alive this narrative that OSU is soft and lacks toughness, right down to Lou Holtz. It was just answered on Saturday night.

You literally just answered it yourself why Ryan Day brought up the toughness comments, because people like you are keeping alive this narrative that OSU is soft and lacks toughness, right down to Lou Holtz. It was just answered on Saturday night.
People say the same thing about ND and worse . And have been saying it for 30 years. Ex Many of your fellow Bucknuts are running their mouths as though OSU kicked ND s but on Saturday. When reality is ND should have won the game by all rights

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Holtz should have kept his mouth shut, he called the entire program soft and brought up all the losses under Day. There's plenty of ways to motivate your team without bashing the opponent. Day's response was awesome and people love him for it. Let it be a lesson why you don't ever open your mouth before a game in any sport.
Holtz is 86 . He can say whatever he wants. If your OSU team needed click bait from Lou Holtz to man up and find their pair . If that's the case then I think that's actually pretty " soft"

People say the same thing about ND and worse . And have been saying it for 30 years. Ex Many of your fellow Bucknuts are running their mouths as though OSU kicked ND s but on Saturday. When reality is ND should have won the game by all rights
This is very true

That stats proved that lou's comment during the game meant nothing
A man missing on defense did

Who ever lost this game was going to be upset. ND happened to be on that end. Games like that are what makes college football great. Make no mistake about it , the Irish were equally as good as the buckeyes. It totally sucks , not only that they lost but how they lost. As far as Lou Holtz comments, who cares. Day came across as a poor winner. “ Us against the world” mentality. Give me a break. I’ll say this, the QB for OSU came through in the clutch. He’s the one who should be getting the accolades. No matter how you dissect it , that 1:26 drive to win the game was incredible. Bottom line is this. When plays were needed to be made, Ohio state made them when it mattered the most and Notre Dame didn’t. That’s why ND lost.

Last edited:

"No one can question the toughness of the Irish after that one. I'm still peeved (and jealous) of how much tougher ND was running the ball, literally running it down our throat, and how OSU for the most part just couldn't stop it."

Well -- ND could not run it when it needed to and OSU stopped it when they needed to -- This game was extremely winnable for ND --

Of course, Bucknut fans loved it. It was arrogant and rude which is very typical of most of your fanbase. My late Pops was born and raised in Delpho and I spent yearly vacations among hard-core Buckeye fans. I know what I speak of.

So being rude to a 86 year old Hall of Fame coach in shadow of his statue, in Notre Dame Stadium is okay?All over him stating an opinion Day didn't like? Think Lou was on point...Day is toilet paper soft. He could have made his displeasure known without being a sore winner. Barely got that winning TD in (4th down) with the Irish only having 10 players on the field....soooo tough!

Also for future ventures to other opponents boards...don't post your thoughts immediately after a painful loss. I don't agree with the nasty replies you got, but I understand the frustration.

Last edited:
You guys are beyond obtuse.

If you’re the coach you don’t say “Lou Holtz” you say: “Do you know what they’re saying about us at Notre Dame ? They’re saying that we’re SOFT, that we can’t win important games.….. etc. etc. You fire the team up, just like Ara and Lou did.

So you’re saying that team leaders don’t motivate their players ?
That breaking out the green jerseys after warmups didn’t motivate the team ?
That Manti didn’t motivate ND in 2012 ?
That Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor didn’t motivate their teams/

If so you’re clueless.

It‘s not an insult, it’s inspirational !
Except he then proceeded to call out Holtz. Not once but twice. So there's that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT