ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman Presser Today

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
Obviously media will be very PC but topics that I hope get covered in some way

1. You've had good game plans to start your first two games. The opponents have adjusted and your team has struggled mightily both second halves. How do you improve your adjustments?

2. When will J Pat be back and what options do you have for your interior OL? Is there another option at center, or do you move J Pat back there when healthy?

3. Your WRs had 3 catches total vs OSU. Who do you expect to step up and be a difference maker? Is tobias ready to contribute?

4. What was Goldens expectation on 3rd and 11 blitzing both safeties, and Stroud had enough time to get the ball out before the safeties even got to the LOS?

5. You've talked about your identity needs to be able to run the ball and stop the run. In your first two games, both teams have had more and more success running the ball against you and stopping your run. What changes can be made to ensure your identity you want translates to playing good teams?

6. On kick off return, players didn't have drive/passion to block, how do you fix that?

7. On some fair caught punt returns joseph had a lot of room infront of him, how can he be more aggressive and know when he should NOT fair catch it?

8. Tyler started out sharp throwing the ball and ohio state adjusted taking away easy short passes. How can you get him in some more favorable situations where he has the ability to run or make an easier pass. It looked like the plan was to have him be a pocket passer vs ohio state despite the middle of the oline struggling, is that your goal for him?

1. You've had good game plans to start your first two games. The opponents have adjusted and your team has struggled mightily both second halves. How do you improve your adjustments?

2. When will J Pat be back and what options do you have for your interior OL? Is there another option at center, or do you move J Pat back there when healthy?

3. Your WRs had 3 catches total vs OSU. Who do you expect to step up and be a difference maker? Is tobias ready to contribute?

4. What was Goldens expectation on 3rd and 11 blitzing both safeties, and Stroud had enough time to get the ball out before the safeties even got to the LOS?

5. You've talked about your identity needs to be able to run the ball and stop the run. In your first two games, both teams have had more and more success running the ball against you and stopping your run. What changes can be made to ensure your identity you want translates to playing good teams?

6. On kick off return, players didn't have drive/passion to block, how do you fix that?

7. On some fair caught punt returns joseph had a lot of room infront of him, how can he be more aggressive and know when he should NOT fair catch it?

8. Tyler started out sharp throwing the ball and ohio state adjusted taking away easy short passes. How can you get him in some more favorable situations where he has the ability to run or make an easier pass. It looked like the plan was to have him be a pocket passer vs ohio state despite the middle of the oline struggling, is that your goal for him?
Maybe they can ask-- Were you happy with the way Al Golden's defense held the high scoring Buckeyes to only 21 points at the shoe?

That call was a blown coverage. Not sure by who. Corner was playing orc so either the corner was wrong or one of the safeties blitzed instead of playing robber or deep 1/3.

Additionally. ND missed Avery Davis and it might be a huge loss going forward. If he plays ND gets at least one more explosive play maybe two and probably 10 more points. The combo of Mayer and Davis on opposite sides in the slot is a match up problem. Nobody else stepped up. Lenzy is a real disappointment.

Keep wondering what would have happened if ND had:
K. Hamilton
K. Williams
A healthy J. Wilkins
A healthy A. Davis
A healthy J. Patterson
And K. Austin

Davis, Patterson and Williams were sorely missed. The rest would have been nice to have.

1,3,4 are definitely questions I would enjoy hearing an answer to.

1 being a trending concern through 2 games

3 being a long term chronic issue since Rees took over the offensive play calling

That call was a blown coverage. Not sure by who. Corner was playing orc so either the corner was wrong or one of the safeties blitzed instead of playing robber or deep 1/3.
Say what?

Kudos to Freeman and the OP as all questions except 7 were addressed to Freeman and answered admirably

They have said it was the corner giving away the inside leverage. He was supposed to force the wr towards the sidelines but opened his hips the wrong way allowing the pitch and catch over the middle.

They have said it was the corner giving away the inside leverage. He was supposed to force the wr towards the sidelines but opened his hips the wrong way allowing the pitch and catch over the middle.
Also D wasn’t ready after timeout, blitz was late, due to blitz being late one of the safeties should have pulled back and not gone in.
Freeman was gutted in presser today due to that play, he knew how it swung the game and we couldn’t recover.

Freeman today said he pleased with offense balance and how run pass was even. I think he is reading Ohio states stats, they had 34 passes and 35 runs.

notre dame had 18 passes and 30 runs. Not balanced and not enough plays even trying to shorten game. Hopefully he’s not happy.

his comments on Tobias are alarming that he’s not executing in practice good enough. If the most talented wr we’ve landed in 5 years can’t get on the field with this wr group, that’s bad.

Reactions: d1042 and tbonesays
Freeman today said he pleased with offense balance and how run pass was even. I think he is reading Ohio states stats, they had 34 passes and 35 runs.

notre dame had 18 passes and 30 runs. Not balanced and not enough plays even trying to shorten game. Hopefully he’s not happy.

his comments on Tobias are alarming that he’s not executing in practice good enough. If the most talented wr we’ve landed in 5 years can’t get on the field with this wr group, that’s bad.
Who says he's most talented? He's a very talented guy whose been on campus for literally a month and a half. It's very reasonable why he didn't play much. It doesn't mean he won't play this year it just means they were holding him out from a highly contested matchup with experienced corners for his first game

Who says he's most talented? He's a very talented guy whose been on campus for literally a month and a half. It's very reasonable why he didn't play much. It doesn't mean he won't play this year it just means they were holding him out from a highly contested matchup with experienced corners for his first game
Yeah I agree just weird how he commented about him and he’s not even on depth chart…

They played several freshman. I’m sure when Tobias is ready he will be out there. I don’t think Lo saw the field until game 3 or 4 last year. What’s shocking is Colzie saw no time.

They played several freshman. I’m sure when Tobias is ready he will be out there. I don’t think Lo saw the field until game 3 or 4 last year. What’s shocking is Colzie saw no time.
I think he's working his way back from an injury. It also may have been that he could have played but mentally wasn't as ready as the coaches would have liked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT