ADVERTISEMENT

Fight or Flight (When adversity hits)

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Now is not the time to throw in the towel and fire all the coaches and badmouth the players. Or for the coaches or players to point fingers or drop dimes.
It is a time for reflection and focus. What will be your reason for watching or not watching the ND games on Saturday.
The ND players and coaches feel even more pain and humiliation than most of us fans do.
Most of us are older and have faced adversity much worse than losing a football game.

At this moment I am glad Marcus is our coach. His traits of being someone who connects and cares about his players
is very much needed. Marcus will dig down deep in his soul and use all of his mental and social skills to help guide and teach his young players how to be a "Stand up Man" when things are going badly.
I believe from what I see in Marcus this past year that he will not yell or scream at his players at the first meeting or practice.
That is not his style and he has to be himself because the players would see right through it.
He will be serious and question his players on why they play football and why they play football for Notre Dame. He will tell them
that they need to be accountable for what they do in practice and in games. Everything matters. He will tell them that to focus
completely in practice so that it will carry over to the games.
Then he will ask the team if anybody doesn't think they can focus 100% in practice and in games. He will then tell the team "I am only going to ask this once so now is your time to speak up" "Do any of you not have the heart in what we are trying to accomplish" Do you want to quit the Irish?
Marcus needs to weed out any quitters or malcontents if there are any. I don't care who it is. This team needs to come together.

It isn't about x's and o's right now. It is about Heart !
I am looking forward to see how this team develops through the season. I want to see FIGHT ! Go Irish ! Beat Cal !!

adversity? it is football: a game
adversity is coming and believe me, you will notice the difference

Reactions: 4-4-3
This team knows it’s coaches are putting them in bad spots with the play calling. Rees looked absolutely lost yesterday.
The defense never gets a chance to breathe. 3 and out after 3 and out.

Reactions: Airzee23
Now is not the time to throw in the towel and fire all the coaches and badmouth the players. Or for the coaches or players to point fingers or drop dimes.
It is a time for reflection and focus. What will be your reason for watching or not watching the ND games on Saturday.
The ND players and coaches feel even more pain and humiliation than most of us fans do.
Most of us are older and have faced adversity much worse than losing a football game.

At this moment I am glad Marcus is our coach. His traits of being someone who connects and cares about his players
is very much needed. Marcus will dig down deep in his soul and use all of his mental and social skills to help guide and teach his young players how to be a "Stand up Man" when things are going badly.
I believe from what I see in Marcus this past year that he will not yell or scream at his players at the first meeting or practice.
That is not his style and he has to be himself because the players would see right through it.
He will be serious and question his players on why they play football and why they play football for Notre Dame. He will tell them
that they need to be accountable for what they do in practice and in games. Everything matters. He will tell them that to focus
Then he will ask the team if anybody doesn't think they can focus 100% in practice and in games. He will then tell the team "I am only going to ask this once so now is your time to speak up" "Do any of you not have the heart in what we are trying to accomplish" Do you want to quit the Irish?
Marcus needs to weed out any quitters or malcontents if there are any. I don't care who it is. This team needs to come together.

I am looking forward to see how this team develops through the season. I want to see FIGHT ! Go Irish ! Beat Cal !!
You’re delusional !

Clown response as usual from Bodi. It’s not the coach‘s responsibility to teach the athletes how to be men at ND. It is his job to prepare them for the game. Something he is getting a lot of money to do and failing miserably.

we don’t say shut up! it is rude. “I beg to differ” is the more polite way to address your disagreement.

someday we will all look back at this and smile or even laugh hysterically. (don’t spill your prunes though!)

Ok Scott Frost. Good story.

Reactions: Airzee23
Clown response as usual from Bodi. It’s not the coach‘s responsibility to teach the athletes how to be men at ND. It is his job to prepare them for the game. Something he is getting a lot of money to do and failing miserably.

I would like to insult you back but I can't remember anything you have posted. But if you don't think it is gutcheck time for the ND players you don't have a clue. Tyler missed many open receivers. It is not all on Rees.

Last edited:
adversity? it is football: a game
adversity is coming and believe me, you will notice the difference
someday we will all look back at this and smile or even laugh hysterically. (don’t spill your prunes though!)
Purse. You are a coward. You changed your handle because you couldn't take the heat. I have many haters but I ain't gonna hide.

This is definitely a gut check. Holy shit will this game against the lowly Cal Berkley Bears be the proverbial gut check. They lose this game, against a Cal team that looks highly, highly mediocre by big boi football standards, then this season really could get very ugly in a worst-case scenario type of fashion. Not just that the team sucks, but their morale collapses and every single game becomes a potential/probable loss....

I'm anticipating the pundits and the fans will rally behind the notion that we're actually better off with Pyne, which is to be expected from the toxic ND fanbase whom appears to have already turned on TB. But there's not too many targets left for them to direct their life-hate upon. And there's a very good chance Pyne could and will suck as much as TB has struggled thus far....

So gut check indeed. We gotta win this game somehow.....

Reactions: Bodizephax
Freeman likely selling the same narrative to the guys. They practiced in helmets Sunday night. That’s full blown “F THIS WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING” mode. I like it.

This is definitely a gut check. Holy shit will this game against the lowly Cal Berkley Bears be the proverbial gut check. They lose this game, against a Cal team that looks highly, highly mediocre by big boi football standards, then this season really could get very ugly in a worst-case scenario type of fashion. Not just that the team sucks, but their morale collapses and every single game becomes a potential/probable loss....

I'm anticipating the pundits and the fans will rally behind the notion that we're actually better off with Pyne, which is to be expected from the toxic ND fanbase whom appears to l.p. already turned on TB. But there's not too many targets left for them to direct their life-hate upon. And there's a very good chance Pyne could and will suck as much as TB has struggled thus far....

The Irish had much more talent then Marshall and got their asses kicked. They did not play with heart. Just went through the motions. You don't need a genius game plan to beat a team like Marshall. You just need your superior athleticism and the will to dominate. We did the same thing against Toledo last year except the Irish woke up in the final minute and made some plays. Jack Coan was perfect in that final drive followinpig Tommy Reese's script. The Irish went on to have a great season. Brian Kelly got his troops going. Hopefully Marcus will wake the 2022 team going. The Cal bears probably have more athletes than Marshall. We need to get pissed and dominate. Onl losers quit

2022 season:

MessySevereGerbil-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

I'm anticipating the pundits and the fans will rally behind the notion that we're actually better off with Pyne, which is to be expected from the toxic ND fanbase whom appears to have already turned on TB. But there's not too many targets left for them to direct their life-hate upon. And there's a very good chance Pyne could and will suck as much as TB has struggled thus far....

I don't think Pyne is the answer. They should just go wildcat with Lorenzo Styles.

Reactions: theskibro
Freeman likely selling the same narrative to the guys. They practiced in helmets Sunday night. That’s full blown “F THIS WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING” mode. I like it.
Yea I think the love fest and everyone in the locker room singing Kumbaya is over. It's time to go beast mode

Reactions: IrishMike409
I would like to insult you back but I can't remember anything you have posted. But if you don't think it is gutcheck time for the ND players you don't have a clue. Tyler missed many open receivers. It is not all on Rees.
It's not on Rees, it's on execution, which is on the players. All these clowns blaming Rees don't know squat about our roster or football for that matter. It's the same idiots every year wanting to fire coaches, haven't you noticed? Our coaching staff is solid, our offense is young at the skill positions; our OLine and Defense is suppose to be our strengths; they haven't executed. And I'm willing to bet, they would say the same

It's not on Rees, it's on execution, which is on the players. All these clowns blaming Rees don't know squat about our roster or football for that matter. It's the same idiots every year wanting to fire coaches, haven't you noticed? Our coaching staff is solid, our offense is young at the skill positions; our OLine and Defense is suppose to be our strengths; they haven't executed. And I'm willing to bet, they would say the same
I’ll go along with it’s not all on Rees. Heck our O line flat out sux

but Rees leaves much to be desired. Very bland n vanilla plan. No answer for what the D throws at him.

Reactions: Chitown11
I’ll go along with it’s not all on Rees. Heck our O line flat out sux

but Rees leaves much to be desired. Very bland n vanilla plan. No answer for what the D throws at him.
The plan is the plan for a reason, we have limited experienced skill at the skill positions no doubt limiting what we can do. Throw in an under achieving OLine and you got a problem. That and the play calling against Marshall wasn't vanilla, a lot of variations were called, but execution up front was awful. Not much more Rees could do

The plan is the plan for a reason, we have limited experienced skill at the skill positions no doubt limiting what we can do. Throw in an under achieving OLine and you got a problem. That and the play calling against Marshall wasn't vanilla, a lot of variations were called, but execution up front was awful. Not much more Rees could do
Not sure what game you were watching....geesh

I don’t recall an instance where an inexperienced OC was hired before the hiring of a Head Coach.
Usually the HC’s get to form their own staff. Now I wonder, was HH was in fact a MF hire or a JS hire?
MF needs to take a hard look at things and then take a hard stance on who he has as his staff.
As of now, his OC and QB‘s were recruited/picked by someone else. And his OL coach may have been also. That’s half his team under guys he inherited, chosen by another.
I am still on the MF wagon. The wagon does need some repairs though.

"It's not on Rees, it's on execution, which is on the players"

Yes/No -- yes, the players have to execute, but it is also on Rees to have a solid game plan, and a plan B when the opponent adjusts to ND. Currently, he has not shown that ability (in the 2-3 games as an OC without Kelly).

I get the game plan vs Ohio State -- ND did not want to get into a shoot out there, but he was also ultra conservative as well. Against Marshall -- there simply was nothing -- no imagination on play calling overall, and no execution by the OL. For what was perceived to be an utter strength of ND -- the OL, has been a complete disappointment so far (3 sacks vs OSU, lost count vs Marshall). ND has not shown the capability to throw the ball with any degree of consistency, thus, teams are daring ND to throw it, which means more players in the box to stop ND's strength. Book was bashed time and time again, but, he was able to get the ball downfield (his bread and butter was the medium range) -- which made people respect him, which opened up opportunities to run the ball.

I don’t recall an instance where an inexperienced OC was hired before the hiring of a Head Coach.
Usually the HC’s get to form their own staff. Now I wonder, was HH was in fact a MF hire or a JS hire?
MF needs to take a hard look at things and then take a hard stance on who he has as his staff.
As of now, his OC and QB‘s were recruited/picked by someone else. And his OL coach may have been also. That’s half his team under guys he inherited, chosen by another.
I am still on the MF wagon. The wagon does need some repairs though.
This is a good post. Inexperienced OC, then inexperienced HC. Jack went against the grain. Hate to Monday morning QB it, but that’s what message boards are for I suppose.

Im still bullish on MF and 9 wins.

"It's not on Rees, it's on execution, which is on the players"

Yes/No -- yes, the players have to execute, but it is also on Rees to have a solid game plan, and a plan B when the opponent adjusts to ND. Currently, he has not shown that ability (in the 2-3 games as an OC without Kelly).

I get the game plan vs Ohio State -- ND did not want to get into a shoot out there, but he was also ultra conservative as well. Against Marshall -- there simply was nothing -- no imagination on play calling overall, and no execution by the OL. For what was perceived to be an utter strength of ND -- the OL, has been a complete disappointment so far (3 sacks vs OSU, lost count vs Marshall). ND has not shown the capability to throw the ball with any degree of consistency, thus, teams are daring ND to throw it, which means more players in the box to stop ND's strength. Book was bashed time and time again, but, he was able to get the ball downfield (his bread and butter was the medium range) -- which made people respect him, which opened up opportunities to run the ball.
I agree, but Rees did open up the playbook for the Marshall game, it didn't help because our execution, both mental and physical, was bad. Couple that with having all kinds of young players at the skill positions, and the OLine stinking it up, and that is what you get. This team was over rated, clearly, and our supposed strengths are both weak. If defense can't carry the team, we will lose. Giving up 90+ yard TD drives in the 4QTR is terrible. In the end that is the difference in both games, one could have been a great upset, the other an ugly win. Defense really needs to step up now, giving our youth on offense time to catch up. And the OLine must play significantly better

I agree, but Rees did open up the playbook for the Marshall game, it didn't help because our execution, both mental and physical, was bad. Couple that with having all kinds of young players at the skill positions, and the OLine stinking it up, and that is what you get. This team was over rated, clearly, and our supposed strengths are both weak. If defense can't carry the team, we will lose. Giving up 90+ yard TD drives in the 4QTR is terrible. In the end that is the difference in both games, one could have been a great upset, the other an ugly win. Defense really needs to step up now, giving our youth on offense time to catch up. And the OLine must play significantly better
"Giving up 90+ yard TD drives in the 4QTR is terrible. In the end that is the difference in both games, one could have been a great upset, the other an ugly win."

Absolutely! you pin someone down on their 10 or better and you EXPECT to get the ball back and give yourself a great opportunity!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT