ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 F+ Update: 8 of 10 Top 10 teams in the country are SEC & BIG10 | Notes about Notre Dame/College Football

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
These two conferences (SEC & BIG10) are monopolizing most of the talent in college football as well. These conferences are also working towards some kind of scheduling and playoff agreement: I really hope ND has a strategic response in order to not get left out/left behind, but I digress.

F+/FBS Notes
  • Remember these rankings are opponent and luck neutralized (e.g. nobody is getting a pass for playing easier opponents or experiencing more luck in their season)
  • There were several upsets last week, but as expected, none of these upsets had much impact on the overall F+ ratings of these teams, outside of Michigan dropping from #13 to #19. And Texas A&M saw a big jump from ~20th to 14th.
  • There's been a lot of discussion about more parity in college football right now due to NIL and transfer portal, but if you look at the F+ ratings, OSU is out in front of everybody by a mile right now, and then there's a clear top ~5 or so teams in the country before a big drop off (which is in alignment with the team talent rankings at 247).
  • As the sample size grows/season wears on, these F+ rankings get more accurate. We're almost at the midway point of the season. Last year, at the 6 week point, F+ nailed Michigan as the #1 team in the country and had 3 of the 4 eventual playoff teams (as selected by the playoff committee) ranked inside the top 5, and all 4 playoff teams ranked in the top 10.
Notre Dame Notes
Top 15 in F+ through week 6:
RANKTeamF+OffenseDefense
1​
Ohio State
2.36​
2​
Texas
2.18​
3​
Georgia
2.12​
4​
Oregon
2.00​
5​
Alabama
1.96​
6​
Ole Miss
1.87​
7​
Penn State
1.73​
8​
Tennessee
1.60​
9​
Miami
1.44​
10​
Notre Dame
1.42​
11​
LSU
1.38​
12​
Clemson
1.35​
13​
Kansas State
1.27​
14​
Texas A&M
1.16​
15​
Oklahoma
1.14​

Last edited:
I checked the first page of the site and there are 8 threads you've started all basically of you complaining about ND administration and whining that you know better how to run one of the premier sports franchises globally and has been for ~100 years.

Perhaps just combine them all into one thread that we can all then ignore?

I checked the first page of the site and there are 8 threads you've started all basically of you complaining about ND administration and whining that you know better how to run one of the premier sports franchises globally and has been for ~100 years.

Perhaps just combine them all into one thread that we can all then ignore?
My posts on the front page besides this one (all with a lot of engagement from the community).
  1. OT: Alabama(#4) vs Georgia(#1)

2. OT: TAMU(#23) vs MIZZOU(#14) - Game Discussion

3. NEW AD Pete Bevacqua admits ND will need to invest heavily in NIL & facilities in order to compete for *football* national titles

4. OTish: Anybody else think its kind of funny how much is demanded of the coaching staff and nobody advocates for them?

5. Mike Denbrock's 4yr/$9M contract not looking good right now

6. Marcus Freeman & Al Golden killing it on the defensive side of the ball

There's no common theme. If you dont like what I have to say about Notre Dame football, then don't read.

The only posts that don’t fit your ND bashing narrative are those discussing other teams.

Nobody doubts you’re a fan of other teams.

Reactions: hvillebill
The only posts that don’t fit your ND bashing narrative are those discussing other teams.

Nobody doubts you’re a fan of other teams.
I have 6 topics on the front page (less this topic we're posting in).

None of them are bashing Notre Dame:

1 topic is praising the defense, 1 topic is criticizing the offense, 2 topics are off topic game discussion threads, 1 topic is talking about college football politics/football coach hardship, and 1 topic is from months ago referencing an interview with the new AD at Notre Dame about NIL.

I'd MUCH rather be discussing what this data is showing than talking about me or unrelated posts though.

Last edited:
Because the data/evidence runs counter to all the bias and erroneous narratives that are floating around the football program. And the truth needs to be stated emphatically in order to increase the quality of the product.

Because the data/evidence runs counter to all the bias and erroneous narratives that are floating around the football program. And the truth needs to be stated emphatically in order to increase the quality of the product.
According to your "data" Notre Dame is the 10th best team in the country. Even higher than the Ap and coaches have them.

So according to you we are a little underrated by the media coaches and the narratives.

Got it

According to your "data" Notre Dame is the 10th best team in the country. Even higher than the Ap and coaches have them.

So according to you we are a little underrated by the media coaches and the narratives.

Got it
The truth im speaking of goes beyond this season.

ND has been stuck right here at 10th-15th on aggregate for nearly 20 years now, while college football at the highest level of the sport is a 5 team competition for a national title.

Notre Dame is selling its product as a national title contender, despite being multiple tiers (tier 2 or tier 3 depending on the team/season) away from that level and fans are buying the wolf tickets, and the ND media is complicit in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT