ADVERTISEMENT

OT: TAMU(#23) vs MIZZOU(#14) - Game Discussion

Weigman is dicing up Missouri. His stans (me) look great right now. We made him look bad.
At least you're owning it. One would think after losing to NIU that all pretensions to internet strutting and preening would have died a quick death, even though the defense has never been in doubt all season, nor was it in week one, even though Weigman obviously was not at his best and was puking on the sidelines. And very clearly played like shit above and beyond our legit elite defense.

But hell yeah I guess this means ND is awesome again!

At least you're owning it. One would think after losing to NIU that all pretensions to internet strutting and preening would have died a quick death, even though the defense has never been in doubt all season, nor was it in week one, even though Weigman obviously was not at his best and was puking on the sidelines. And very clearly played like shit above and beyond our legit elite defense.

Speaking of NIU..

Losing to UMass right now.

Pride comes before the fall. Perhaps that NIU coach shouldn't have been so boisterous in his 'helping Freeman figure it out' Of course upsetting ND put a target on their back for the rest of their schedule. Something ND endures game after game after game.

Notre Dame opponents F+ ranking through week 5:

TAMU: #23
NIU: #90
Purdue: #88
Miami-OH: #100
Louisville: #19
Stanford: #83
Georgia Tech: #61
Navy: #64
Florida State: #56
Virginia: #65
Army: #69
USC: #16

god that schedule makes me vomit in my mouth just looking at it its so bad

ND fans can take a vacation until November 30th.

Unless USC and A&M win out it has to be the worst since I started watching in the late 80's.

I agree that he played like shit for a variety of reasons, including possibly being sick. But I do think our defense played a part. What am I owning exactly?

Unless USC and A&M win out it has to be the worst since I started watching in the late 80's.
There are 63 teams total in the power 4 ... essentially outside of like 3 opponents .. the other 9 opponents on the schedule are on the border of that 63 or worse.

Those numbers are wrong

The schedule is solid

It's not as bad as 2021 ended up being. Only one team ended up ranked that year. (Cincinnati). So this year will likely have more ranked teams, and the bottom feeders are about the same. Definitely 2021 was the easiest ever.

Speaking of NIU..

Losing to UMass right now.

Pride comes before the fall. Perhaps that NIU coach shouldn't have been so boisterous in his 'helping Freeman figure it out' Of course upsetting ND put a target on their back for the rest of their schedule. Something ND endures game after game after game.
That would have been nice if they could have been MAC champions, speaking of renewed schedule strength. But I'm guessing they're a pretty run of the mIll MAC team.

This schedule isn't bad
It depends what it's compared to. Pre Brian Kelly, this schedule is bad.
Now, it looks like an average Brian Kelly type schedule. We really find out by the end of the year. Other than FSU, most teams are winning more than expected coming into the year.
It sucks rooting for FSU anyway, so I don't mind seeing them lose.

This schedule isn't bad
Did you not see the numbers I provided?

ZERO top 15 opponents
outside of 3 opponents, the other 9 opponents are all ranked ~60 or worse in F+ through week 5 (there are only 63 teams in the P4)

I can't imagine there is a single BIG10 or SEC team playing a worse slate of games this year 1-12 (holistically)

And that's the rub. A schedule as vanilla as the one ND has been playing for much of the last 5+ years, doesn't stimulate a lot of excitement with the game's best prospects.

NIU has 353 rushing yards at 7.5 yards per attempt. I wouldn’t write them off too quickly.

Their two losses are to a Power 4 team and a team that they statistically dominated. They should be 3-2 after this week.

ZERO top 15 opponents
outside of 3 opponents, the other 9 opponents are all ranked ~60 or worse in F+ (there are only 63 teams in the P4)

I can't imagine there is a single BIG10 or SEC team playing a worse slate of games this year 1-12 (holistically)

And that's the rub. A schedule as vanilla as the one ND has been playing for much of the last 5+ years, doesn't stimulate a lot of excitement with the game's best prospects.
I dont go by "your numbers"

They mean nothing

By the end of the day we may have 3 top 20 teams in the schedule. Two 5 and 0 teams. And a 4 and 1 p4 teams

Schedule is fine. Ranked higher than a good amount of other playoff contenders

ZERO top 15 opponents
outside of 3 opponents, the other 9 opponents are all ranked ~60 or worse in F+ through week 5 (there are only 63 teams in the P4)

Stfu. As usual your numbers are false. A+M beating one of the teams you and SJB claimed were part of the fabulous SEC. You know, one of the top 10 SEC teams. Yup, those top 10 Mizzou. Up 5 TDs with over 500 yards offense, and holding Mizz under 200 yards.

Reactions: hvillebill
I agree that he played like shit for a variety of reasons, including possibly being sick. But I do think our defense played a part. What am I owning exactly?
You called yourself a Connor Weigman 'Stan', presumably referring to elevating his perceived greatness as a QB, being a former five star and all, so as to lift ND's perceived awesomeness if we totally shut him down, which we did. Even though at this point he's mainly potential and HS recruiting rep, and much less in the way of proven quality. But still, something to brag about online if it means enough to you. I don't know if he was benched or what, but he hasn't played a lot this year.

And you seemed to be acknowledging that, AKA 'owning it'.

NIU has 353 rushing yards at 7.5 yards per attempt. I wouldn’t write them off too quickly.

Their two losses are to a Power 4 team and a team that they statistically dominated. They should be 3-2 after this week.
So they've already lost twice? I thought this was going to be their 2nd loss.

Missouri kicked a FG from the A&M 6 with 12 seconds left to make it 41-10. That’s such a freaking loser thing to do in my opinion. Go for the touchdown.

Now watch A&M climb 12 spots and Missouri drop 5 spots only or some garbage like that.

Virginia now 4 and 1. Better than people were thinking
Oh yea, those vaunted virginia cavaliers ranked down in the 60s, just beat the mighty flying eagles of boston college (another garden variety trash ACC team ranked in the 60s). That ND schedule is getting better by the minute :rolleyes:

Missouri kicked a FG from the A&M 6 with 12 seconds left to make it 41-10. That’s such a freaking loser thing to do in my opinion. Go for the touchdown.

Now watch A&M climb 12 spots and Missouri drop 5 spots only or some garbage like that.
I would agree with that. I don't see what the point of that is. Anyway, good win for A&M. And good for our SOS!

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Oh yea, those vaunted virginia cavaliers ranked down in the 60s, just beat the mighty flying eagles of boston college (another garden variety trash ACC team ranked in the 60s). That ND schedule is getting better by the minute :rolleyes:
It is. And no one cares about your rankings

Good win for A&M. With A&M winning and Louisville losing today, A&M is now clearly our "best win."

Stfu. As usual your numbers are false. A+M beating one of the teams you and SJB claimed were part of the fabulous SEC. You know, one of the top 10 SEC teams. Yup, those top 10 Mizzou. Up 5 TDs with over 500 yards offense, and holding Mizz under 200 yards.
Chase wears a tin foil hat at all times.

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT