ADVERTISEMENT

Estime fumbles

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
I’m a big estime fan, think he’s clearly our best back but his fumbles are unacceptable

I’d really like freeman to get in his face and light him up instead of smiling and patting him on the helmet… the kind soft approach is making a soft team

absolute BS

Reactions: BGI User 756
I’m a big estime fan, think he’s clearly our best back but his fumbles are unacceptable

I’d really like freeman to get in his face and light him up instead of smiling and patting him on the helmet… the kind soft approach is making a soft team

absolute BS
He’s a backslapping best buddy type of players coach!

absolute BS
I've never seen a head coach rip a player that fumbles. Even one of the toughest coaches I've ever seen, tom coughlin, didn't rip into tiki barber who had major fumbling issues. Just doesn't happen

I agree he is the best rb on the team. Kid has fumbling issues. It sucks

I’d rank him as our 3rd best back, even if he took care of the ball..what is mind blowing is how Tyree is not being utilized at all. He was more effective playing behind Kyren.

Best RB is Diggs, hands down. Estime and his fumbles cost us Stanford. I’m glad MF sat him.
Agreed, think the split today should be what we see going forward. Estime getting a few more once he proves he’s not a liability securing the rock.

As a former football coach, I have a drill that is 100% effective in eliminating fumbles. Don't give the guy the ball again until he learns how to protect it. 3 lost fumbles in 4 games are complete BS at this level.

Especially when you are limited at QB and have to rely on ball control and limited possessions to win football games. 2 ranked opponents coming up back-to-back and this dude wants to keep fumbling? Heck no, Diggs and Tyree you are up.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Because of the fumbles, Diggs is the best rb. Without the fumbles, Estime is best by far
Kinda like QBs, the ones who don’t throw it to the other team are preferred. I can see falling in love with the physical ability but even if he takes care of the ball, I prefer the running styles of Diggs/Tyree along with pass pro/threat in passing game. But all doesn’t matter when you can’t hold on to it.

ND has 3 very different backs that all have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I feel Tyree should play more and be thrown the ball more. Get the guy in space and let him do damage.
Tyree hasnt broke a big play in forever. He cant cut at all. It takes him forever. Catching out of the backfield yeah but as a runner hes average

absolute BS
And if Kelly had done that you'd call him Purple Face for doing it.

I’d rank him as our 3rd best back, even if he took care of the ball..what is mind blowing is how Tyree is not being utilized at all. He was more effective playing behind Kyren.
Are you for cereal? *dumb statement requires dumb reply*

I've never seen a head coach rip a player that fumbles. Even one of the toughest coaches I've ever seen, tom coughlin, didn't rip into tiki barber who had major fumbling issues. Just doesn't happen

I agree he is the best rb on the team. Kid has fumbling issues. It sucks
Frank Leahy. Before your time. Was all over his rbs on ball protection

Reactions: echowaker
Diggs has gotten much better these last two weeks. Better speed. Better balance and has gotten some tough 4th down runs. Would agree Estime was the better back early but Diggs seems to have come on late.

absolute BS
Why? What does a tirade do in that circumstance?

He’s gonna get hard coaching when it matters and he’s gonna get the talk “if you can’t hold onto the football you can’t play here” lecture.

No need to light him up on something that needs to be corrected in practice.

If a player has his head up his ass then by all means but fumbling is going to be a technique fix.

When he’s falling forward he needs to have his arm wrapped under the ball and to the side and pressed against the pads. Stanford fumble was identical so something tells me he needs some work on technique. Will be an adjustment having to keep the elbow closer.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerbach
Diggs has gotten much better these last two weeks. Better speed. Better balance and has gotten some tough 4th down runs. Would agree Estime was the better back early but Diggs seems to have come on late.
4.6 ypc against that team, or any team really, is not very good.

Reactions: NIN Irish
ND has 3 very different backs that all have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I feel Tyree should play more and be thrown the ball more. Get the guy in space and let him do damage.
No…. I prefer seeing him run inside zone over and over…🤦‍♂️

When you run every single play because your QB is less than 50% and they got 7 and 8 in the box it’s good. There was no mystery what we where doing.
This… let’s not act like there was any balance at all, I looked at my wife and said I think they’ve ran it 20+ times consecutively. Averaging 4.6 with 8-9 in the box is exceptional. This is like clamoring for Jamies Winston cause he looks the part/better arm talent (bigger biceps in Estime case) but has a propensity to give it to the other team. I’d give Diggs 15-20, Tyree 10-12 and Estime 5-7.

Reactions: ftnfan62
When you run every single play because your QB is less than 50% and they got 7 and 8 in the box it’s good. There was no mystery what we where doing.
No it's not. We ran better in the 4th when they were stacking the box because they were tired. He wasn't lighting the world on fire in the first 3 quarters

The first TD run by Estime the best block was by Lenzy. Don’t see that much or expect it.

4.6 or give UNLV extra possessions, take your pick
I said because of the fumbles Id play Diggs. But if not for the fumbles, Estime is the better back. He gets more ypc than Diggs, hes more powerful and hes actually faster. He finds the endzone. Its just he cant hold the football so he deserves to sit on the bench. Mcculough needs to work on that with him

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT