ADVERTISEMENT

Estime - Broncos

Good pick for the Broncos. Audric will be a good NFL player, IMO. Excellent physicality with an NFL build. Good in pass pro and also good catching the ball out of the backfield. Hard worker with a really good disposition and should be an excellent teammate. To me all the hubhub about his lackluster 40 time at the Combine is much ado about nothing. Watch his tape. He has plenty of speed once he gets in gear. How many runs of 20+ yards did we see Audric rip off? In fact, here is what the Bleacher Report scouting report says about Audric: "Very good speed at the second and third level. Real threat to rip off explosive gains." I think the Broncos will be happy with this pick.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
Another 5th rounder

He will outplay his draft spot like Kyren did
Excellent point about Kyren. Sometimes the "measurables" are a poor measure of who a kid who will be in the NFL. I watched Kyren play for 2 years at ND and said to myself, this kid is a football player. The Rams took a chance on Kyren and he has blossomed once given a chance to play. It will interesting to see if Audric repeats that story.

Reactions: francade
I like these topics created with updated info on where a player got drafted. It's news worth sharing plus makes for good discussion. Thanks.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Excellent point about Kyren. Sometimes the "measurables" are a poor measure of who a kid who will be in the NFL. I watched Kyren play for 2 years at ND and said to myself, this kid is a football player. The Rams took a chance on Kyren and he has blossomed once given a chance to play. It will interesting to see if Audric repeats that story.
Hopefully Audric will do well out in Denver. As for Kyren, he has some new competition in the backfield now, as the Rams just drafted Blake Corum. They're actually kind of similar backs, both being short and shifty.

Hopefully Audric will do well out in Denver. As for Kyren, he has some new competition in the backfield now, as the Rams just drafted Blake Corum. They're actually kind of similar backs, both being short and shifty.
Probably good for not over using Kyren....sucks for Fantasy Football

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
Here is the Bleacher Report evaluation of Audric's selection by the Broncos:

1. 147. Denver Broncos
    Audric Estimé, RB, Notre Dame
    Strengths
    : Powerful runner with excellent contact balance, patient with good vision, play speed is much faster than timed speed
    Weaknesses: Build-up runner who is not as explosive through the hole, largely untested pass-catcher
    Two numbers can make all the difference during the predraft process. Notre Dame running back Audric Estimé can attest.
    The 221-pound back ran a disappointing 4.71-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine and plenty of doubters emerged. Bleacher Report scout Derrik Klassen wasn't one of them.
    "I've seen Estimé break away plenty," Klassen tweeted. "I don't care about the 40."
    To Klassen's point, the true junior prospect posted runs of 21 or more yards in nine of 12 games last season, including six contests with runs of 30 or more yards.
    Estimé silenced some critics when he posted a sub-4.6-second effort at Notre Dame's pro day, per Irish Breakdown's Ryan Roberts. Basically, the bigger back doesn't have elite top-end speed, but he has plenty of juice to be an effective runner at the NFL level.
    Besides, Estimé is still growing as a prospect. He doesn't turn 21 until September. In his one season as the Fighting Irish's lead back, he ran for 1,341 yards and 18 touchdowns.
    While some can question the selection of Bo Nix with the 12th overall pick (including those here at B/R), the Denver Broncos have done a wonderful job adding pieces around the incoming quarterback.
    The additions of Troy Franklin in the third round and Estimé give the Broncos legitimate contributors at the skill positions. Don't be bothered about the running back's timed speed. He was still RB1 on B/R's draft board.
    Grade: A+
Spot on, I would say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT